Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Comments

• Options
    Our recruitment team at it again, we released him a couple of years ago. He’s not played much at Pompey or out on loan, so it’s not as if he’s noticeably developed a lot in that time.
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    Our recruitment team at it again, we released him a couple of years ago. He’s not played much at Pompey or out on loan, so it’s not as if he’s noticeably developed a lot in that time.
    Maybe. But the assessment is probably that we've regressed so much that he'd now be a good signing. 
  • Options
    edited April 2023
    Looked very impressive against us. I know the ‘anti former players’ gang on here won’t like to hear this but I would take him back.
  • Options
    Looked very impressive against us. I know the ‘anti former players’ gang on here won’t like to hear this but I would take him back.

This is what I was thinking, if he's available in the summer for the £30k mentioned by his agent as compensation then I wouldn't mind that at all. 
  • Options
    If we're going for exes at Pompey, perhaps we'll go for Reeco as well...
  • Options
    It's not that we don't want ex players back, it's just that most of are useless...
  • Options
    If we're going for exes at Pompey, perhaps we'll go for Reeco as well...
    Henry would be up for that.
  • Options
    Redhenry said:
    It's not that we don't want ex players back, it's just that most of are useless...
    ...aswell as fans finally questioning the 'creative thinking' behind our transfer 'policy'.
  • Options
    No problem if he improves us enough for where we need to be but based on his playing time at Pompey that would be a gamble. More likely he’s be here as a squad player, but that’s not what we need unless Morgan, Henry and McGrandles all move on.
  • Options
    edited April 2023
    Well what do you think... Is it that all these ex-players are the exact ones we need, and it just happens to be a coincidence that they used to play for us.

Or is it that we have a clueless recruitment setup (currently headed by the owner's son), who lack so little knowledge or imagination that they constantly go back to players we've had before?

Given what the general quality of recruitment in recent years, I'd head towards option two myself.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I like him as a player, injury record isn't great though
  • Options
    Chizz said:
    Scoham said:
    Maybe. But the assessment is probably that we've regressed so much that he'd now be a good signing. 
    We’ve declined to his level!
  • Options
    edited April 2023
    Swisdom said:
    We did not release him and there is no chance of him coming back to us.  He left under a cloud.  I’m not going into it but him, and his agent probably would just laugh at us.  
    You don’t think charlton would have spoken to him in Jan to see his interest before putting a bid in ?
  • Options
    Ex player and injury prone, am not surprised we are in for him. 

He's played 17 games this season. Nearly half the amount Albie has played. I'm happy to leave this one.