Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

My Thoughts Following Today

edited August 2007 in General Charlton
Just back -sat in the Henry Irving prawn sandwich stand for a change:-)

Firstly FC Braga were a decent side and I've seen worse Premiership sides than them on today's showing. Any negativity needs to be tempered with that thought in mind.

Very impressed with Moutakill and Semedo although he understandably faded a bit towards the end. Magic also looked impressive both defensively and going forward. Those three stood out for me today.

Reid showed plenty of endeavour but it didn't really amount to much. I'd say the same to a lesser extent about Ambrose although he did have a bit of end product occasionally and struck his free kick well when he scored. We definitely need Thomas in my opinion but the fact he didn't feature at all probably suggests that he is on his way worryingly along with Diawara.

Mc Carthy was ok without being spectacular rather like Fortune normally is. Can't judge on one game but initial impression no better than we've already got to quote Curbs. Big Chris looked promising but didn't really get too much service. Sinclair didn't do much on the ball apart from a shot straight at the keeper but he ran around a lot and made himself available. Today definitely seemed a step up for him in my opinion.

The revelation today, hope you're all sitting down, was Marcus! He won the free kick we scored from through sheer determination with a bit of craftiness thrown in and for 15 minutes or so looked really good and up for it. Sadly he reverted to type and spent some time hobbling around feeling his hamstring and faded a bit after that.

Thatcher looked wobbly to me and I'm not even thinking about his own goal. Second half he improved a bit but on his showing today I'd pick Chrissy Powell in front of him even if he is nearly as old as me!

Christianson looked lazy and disinterested for the short time he was on. Again harsh to judge on 15 minutes or so but first impressions not favourable.

In conclusion we showed encouraging signs at times without ever looking really convincing.

In an ideal world we need Thomas and Diawara!

Comments

• Options
    Thomas was sat in the west stand with the rest of those not playing (Holland, Varney, Sankofa, Elliott etc.)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: F-Blocker[/cite]Thomas was sat in the west stand with the rest of those not playing (Holland, Varney, Sankofa, Elliott etc.)

Perhaps he is genuinely injured then. I surmised that he was on his way as he didn't play.
  • Options
    Pards has said on the OS today that Thomas is staying.