Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

MATCH THREAD : Ipswich Town Vs Charlton Athletic : Saturday 15th April 2023 :KO 3.00PM

Well, Looking forward to this one, against a team going for it, rather like they were last 
October at The Valley, and we all know how that one ended...4-4 with 4 goals in extra time,
and of course Garner sent off, so that sort of entertainment but with them getting one less
maybe...oh and Holden behaving himself..
Anyway here we go...

Miles Leaburn and Steven Sessegnon return to the bench as Dean Holden names an unchanged starting XI from the team that beat Burton Albion on Monday.

Leaburn, who missed Monday’s game through injury, rejoined the team for a light training session on Friday and replaces the suspended Jack Payne on the bench, while Sessegnon comes in for academy graduate Zach Mitchell.

It means Mandela Egbo, Ryan Inniss, Michael Hector and Terell Thomas will start in back four in front of goalkeeper Ashley Maynard-Brewer.

Holden will continue with the midfield trio of Albie Morgan, skipper George Dobson and Scott Fraser, behind a front three of Jes Rak-Sakyi, Macauley Bonne and Tyreece Campbell.

Leaburn and Sessegnon are joined on the bench by Joe Wollacott, Todd Kane, Aaron Henry, Gavin Kilkenny and Daniel Kanu.

Charlton: Maynard-Brewer; Egbo, Inniss, Hector, Thomas; Dobson (c), Morgan, Fraser; Rak-Sakyi, Bonne, Campbell

Subs: Wollacott, Kane, Sessegnon, Henry, Kilkenny, Kanu, Leaburn

Let's hope Leaburn can make a contribution to the game, shame he isn't available from the off...

Comments

• Options
    I’m really disappointed that Kanu hasn’t gotten more minutes whilst Leaburn has been injured. Not saying today was the day to start him, but last weekend could have been (I know, I know, Bonne scored but still).
  • Options
    Wow, we've got some world famous names on that bench: Henry, Kane, Kanu
    ............and of course Leaburn.

Seriously though, I've got a sneaky feeling today. It's an odds on defeat but we've also been in great form. It's the sort of game where they might underestimate us.
  • Options

Seriously though, I've got a sneaky feeling today. It's an odds on defeat but we've also been in great form. It's the sort of game where they might underestimate us.
    I’ve backed us to draw or win, which almost certainly means we’ll lose!
  • Options
    Was going to give this one a miss as planned to be out, but then my son decided to stack it into a hotel chocolate display and crack his head open.

An A&E visit and some stitches later I find myself back home in time. What better way to distress then watch us against free scoring Ipswich. 

Big test for Thomas today and we will get an idea of his potential LB credentials.
  • Options
    edited April 2023
    Nasty bout of Covid this week has seen me laid up and Mrs AFKA stepping off the subs bench for today’s trip. 

Thought we’d get comprehensively stuffed but now I’ve not gone I’ve no doubt it will be the most spectacular away win since Leaburn’s hat trick there 28 years ago.

Come on you Addicks! 
  • Options
    se9addick said:

Maybe cover the first two results with the third...😉
  • Options
    se9addick said:

Maybe cover the first two results with the third...😉
    My moral compass precludes me from betting against us. I’d be a bloody millionaire otherwise!
  • Options
    Nasty bout of Covid this week has seen me laid up and Mrs AFKA stepping off the subs bench for today’s trip. 

Thought we’d get comprehensively stuffed but now I’ve not gone I’ve no doubt it will be the most spectacular away win since Leaburn’s hat trick there 28 years ago.

Come on you Addicks! 
    Chin up AFKA, sure the lads will do you good today..
  • Options
    Hope your COVID clears up quick AFKA, and you will be fit for next game 😷
  • Options
    Same starting eleven, good options on the bench, we will need those options too. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Looks a good strong back line, and really feel we could give them a tough game, just start quick and don't defend too deep, as that will only lead to a defeat, wouldn't t be good to give them their first defeat at home..🤞
  • Options
    edited April 2023
    Bonne playing against his former club. That surely HAS to mean him scoring today if Marquis can turn into Harry Kane when he now plays us.
  • Options
    edited April 2023

Come on you Addicks! 
    Get well soon AFKA ♥️
  • Options
    Didn't realise it is 1st v 3rd today on the form league, how we have improved lately, a win is on...for us by the way.
  • Options
    Bonne playing against his former club. That surely HAS to mean him scoring today if Marquis can turn into Harry Kane when he now plays us.
    Sure to score, own goal from a corner!
  • Options
    edited April 2023
    Respect to Nick Hurst doing the 80 mile trek to Portman Road today setting out on Thursday, all for the Alzheimer's Society a great charity, well done Nick, sore feet an all,..
  • Options
  • Options
  • Options
    edited April 2023
    Decent interview with Macauley - Can watch here if missed

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sPWTnqJ35wk
  • Options
    Under way @ Portman Road, Ipswich KO

My stream is a few mins behind
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

• Options
    Anyone else notice how it’s always Innis who gives the talk in the pre match huddle?
  • Options
    Early cross into our box, Hector doesnt deal with well and Ipswich get a corner
  • Options
    Corner practice for Ipswich so far 
  • Options
    edited April 2023
    KO, and within the first 25 seconds Ipswich have the first corner...and the second...and third, this is going not too well...still another 89 minutes to go
  • Options
    Wimbledon losing 1-0
  • Options
    KO, and within the first 25 seconds Ipswich have the first corner...and the second...and third, this is going not too well...
    We need the practise 
  • Options
    edited April 2023
    Ipswich scream for a penalty (ball hit Hector on the hand whilst on the ground), ref isnt interested

But worrying how they carved through us

Long ball went to Bonne, but Ipswich deal with him who had no support.
  • Options
    B. Rovers 0 Derby 1
  • Options
    Games finished
    Exeter 0 Plymouth 1
    Cambridge 2 Posh 0
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!