Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

STATBANK: IPSWICH 6-0 CHARLTON

thanks to the 30 who gave marks
I have not given a man/player of the match as really no-one deserved the accolade.

Comments

• Options
    edited April 2023
    Fair play to Lifers for making Bonne outfield MOTM. I’m not a fan, but objectively he looked like the only player busting a gut yesterday, and he played quite well yesterday. He was probably helped by coming off in the 63rd minute to be honest. 
  • Options
    Is 3.6 the lowest ever average mark @lancashire lad ?
  • Options
    Ouch.

Interesting that these stat driven ratings actually had Morgan as our best player, albeit worse than every Ipswich player.

https://www.whoscored.com/Matches/1650062/LiveStatistics/England-League-One-2022-2023-Ipswich-Charlton

They also gave Chaplin a rating of 9.73!
  • Options
    MKD form should possibly be won 2 drew 4?
  • Options
    MKD form should possibly be won 2 drew 4?
    yes
  • Options
    Ouch.

Interesting that these stat driven ratings actually had Morgan as our best player, albeit worse than every Ipswich player.

https://www.whoscored.com/Matches/1650062/LiveStatistics/England-League-One-2022-2023-Ipswich-Charlton

They also gave Chaplin a rating of 9.73!
    Primarily because the majority of those who score on this platform have totally blinkered view. In a terrible team performance he wasn't one of the worst (just above Hector who arguably was culpable of 4 goals but below Dobson who again arguably was culpableof 2 is ridiculous but not unexpected).

The one who was most culpable however is the Manager who shouldn't have set us up like that against Ipswich. Easy to say in hindsight of course but the evidence was their from Bristol rovers where our wide men was totally ineffective and gave us little or no outlet. The shape was wrong yesterday
  • Options
    Following on from the above poster. Fraser lives a charmed life on here. 

Hector and Egbo were particularly abysmal, far worse than Inniss 
  • Options
    With the 6-0 result and the low ratings by CL , should this match statbank be scrapped? I watched the game and AMB made ?1 save and couldn't really be faulted for the goals. Please correct me if wrong
  • Options
    With the 6-0 result and the low ratings by CL , should this match statbank be scrapped? I watched the game and AMB made ?1 save and couldn't really be faulted for the goals. Please correct me if wrong
    Why would it be scrapped?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    shirty5 said:
    6-0 defeat and our keeper is Man of the Match for us 👍

Well, as they had seven shots on target and scored six, I guess that means he stopped it from being 0-7.  That's probably better than what anybody else did.
  • Options
    We win 6-0 and we lose 6-0 within weeks.
    Anyone for Tennis ?

Top man Lancs lad for doing the inquest.

Like most on here my 3-1 tip for Ipswich looks a tad optimistic!

Hector and Egbo are truly Charltonized.
    You can only escape for so long before the quick sand attaches itself.

I was at Hull when from memory they declared after 80 minutes when they were 6 nil up.  

Ipswich and Bolton were my tips in August and Cafc were 11th to 13th depending on fitness.

• Options
    IF this is not an all-time low, it deserves to be .. overall, the attitude, perseverance and effort of the team was simply not acceptable .. let's hope quite a few of them will not be playing for CAFC next season
  • Options
    I rather extreme knee jerk suggestion, I agree that the MoM being the goalkeeper after conceding 6 goals and some dubious kicking is maybe surprising, but that is no reason to scrap a system we have used on CL for over 10 years - but please correct me if I am wrong as I can assure all of you that compiling stats after watching that load of rubbish was not enjoyable but against that there are far more enjoyable matches from which to compile the stats.
    Thanks for all the hard work you put into these LL.

Having a preserved record of how the team played on days like Saturday will be good to look back at in 10 years from now when we're challenging the top four in the PL. :-)

• Options
    I rather extreme knee jerk suggestion, I agree that the MoM being the goalkeeper after conceding 6 goals and some dubious kicking is maybe surprising, but that is no reason to scrap a system we have used on CL for over 10 years - but please correct me if I am wrong as I can assure all of you that compiling stats after watching that load of rubbish was not enjoyable but against that there are far more enjoyable matches from which to compile the stats.
    I think he means the stats for this match, not the total concept.
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    I think he means the stats for this match, not the total concept.
    If he does mean the one match then that is even more ridiculous, we can't just ignore a game because we don't like a result, for the first time in 10 years I did not have a PoM on the front page - that is enough, so if we have poor result tonight shall I just ignore it?