Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Is it worth protesting?

Seeing as we’re not going to get relegated or promoted?

Comments

• Options
    DiscoCAFC said:
    What would your reason be and whom are you protesting to?
  • Options
    DiscoCAFC said:
    He wants out anyway, I don't see how protesting will help.

• Options
    I think so yes. Not like the Roland out protests. But a last game of the season protest saying we want a club with ambition might help get the message across to any new owners - that the lower half of league one is way below where any of us want to be. I was going to say beneath expectations, but I expect more of the same or worse next season. 
  • Options
    No ifs, no buts.
  • Options
    Until somebody else does it Sandgaard is funding the enterprise.
    The only reason to protest is if Sandgaard is stopping a better person/s from coming in.
    I have doubts that Spiegel would be any better.
  • Options
    DiscoCAFC said:
    Is not buying a season ticket for 2023/2024 unless change for the better happens, a protest? 
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    Until somebody else does it Sandgaard is funding the enterprise.
    The only reason to protest is if Sandgaard is stopping a better person/s from coming in.
    I have doubts that Spiegel would be any better.
     Like Roland did?
  • Options
    Protesting what? 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited April 2023
    I think so yes. Not like the Roland out protests. But a last game of the season protest saying we want a club with ambition might help get the message across to any new owners - that the lower half of league one is way below where any of us want to be. I was going to say beneath expectations, but I expect more of the same or worse next season. 
    We don’t know much about Spiegel but we can be certain his intention isn’t to remain a mid table L1 club or worse. We can be confident he’s not another Southall coming in to take whatever he can.

His takeover may even be completed by then too.
  • Options
    shirty5 said:
    DiscoCAFC said:
    Is not buying a season ticket for 2023/2024 unless change for the better happens, a protest? 
    Not for someone who wouldn't routinely buy one anyway, but otherwise, yes it is. Actions, or in that case inaction, speaks louder than words. The only problem with it is that it can be mistaken for loss of interest or apathy, but all are things the owners should be looking to redress anyway, so the impact is just as valid.

That's a personal decision though, and I'm guessing the initial poster is alluding to orchestrated protests, which I'm not sure would enjoy the same level of backing as some of the past well executed ones if the objective isn't as obvious.
  • Options
    shine166 said:
    Protesting what? 
    Because we lost a game at the weekend 😂
  • Options
    shine166 said:
    Protesting what? 
    The ownership 
  • Options
    Protest? Hell no.

Mock funeral? Yes, yes, a thousand times yes.
  • Options
    DiscoCAFC said:
    shine166 said:
    Protesting what? 
    The ownership 
    They are supposed to be gone in 13 days, what's the point ? If TS is still here for the first league game of next season, leaburn is gone and we've wanked away more money... then sign me up.
  • Options
    Can we not all congregate in the car park after the last game of the season and in true British tradition do a collective "Tutt"!
  • Options
    shine166 said:
    DiscoCAFC said:
    shine166 said:
    Protesting what? 
    The ownership 
    They are supposed to be gone in 13 days, what's the point ? If TS is still here for the first league game of next season, leaburn is gone and we've wanked away more money and the beer in the fans bar is still flat... then sign me up.
    Very good point 😂
  • Options
    shine166 said:
    DiscoCAFC said:
    shine166 said:
    Protesting what? 
    The ownership 
    They are supposed to be gone in 13 days, what's the point ? If TS is still here for the first league game of next season, leaburn is gone and we've wanked away more money... then sign me up.
    Really?
    Where's that?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    It’s been said it’ll be done by the end of the month, heard it from a guy in a bar in Tobermory 😂
  • Options
    It’s been said it’ll be done by the end of the month, heard it from a guy in a bar in Tobermory 😂
    Plenty of the in the know folk on here saying the end of the month.

Probably be December 
  • Options
    Plenty of the in the know folk on here saying the end of the month.

Probably be December 

Yes, they meant the end of a month - or the beginning, or middle.
  • Options
    It isn't worth protesting against somebody who is selling the club. It is why nobody protested against the spivs. There is no point as what is the objective?
  • Options
    edited April 2023
    If you belong to the Paris Addicks it is compulsory to protest. 
    Monday = Pensions
    Tuesday= cost of Living
    Wednesday= Macron
    Thursday= Immigrants
    Friday=Housing
    Saturday= Sandgaard
    Sunday= All of the Above