Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Come On Kent

It was like watching Charlton in the semi!

Let's win it.

Comments

• Options
    AGREED LEN I TOLD MY SIX YEAR OLD KENT WERE LIKE CHARLTON GET YOUR HOPES UP THEN BLOW IT.BUT WE DIDN'T GET IN THERE,I REALLY HATE I MEAN HATE SURREY AND ALL THEIR BAIS MEDIA SUPPORTERS (TALK SPORTS ANDY JACOBS).I HOPE THEY CHOKE ON THEIR ANTI ROB KEY COMMENTS NOW.LETS HAVE THE PLAYERS DOWN THE VALLEY WITH THE 20 20 CUP,THAT WILL REALLY PISS OFF SCALLY.WE ARE KENT WE ARE KENT WE ARE KENT.
  • Options
    How on earth did Kent actually win both those games? In the semi-final they needed 9 off the last over & got them with 3 balls to spare, thanks to shocking bowling by the Sussex bowler (incl. 2 x no-balls). In the final they needed 13 off the last over & got them with 3 balls to spare, again thanks to shocking bowling by the Gloucester bowler (incl. 1 x no-ball). It was amazing stuff as they pulled victory from the jaws of defeat in both games. Well played boys, you got what you deserved!!
  • Options
    very proud of kent, they did very well. good luck to big fat key, i like him he is a good fellow
  • Options
    As one of the few Kent supporters at Edgbaston on Saturday (we were sitting directly behind the RAF fellows who kept appearing on Sky in the RES Wyatt Stand) and seemed to be outnumbered by the other supporters on a scale of 5 to 1 ,I'm still recovering from the shock of seeing us win it, given that we actually needed 24 from the last 12 balls, which makes it all the more remarkable,especially as there were two new batmsan at the crease after Jones got run out...

It was even better considering at the point Jones got run out the Gloucester fans were already celebrating around us like they had won it.

Best weekend I've had in a very very long time.

Oh and Birmingham is not that bad a place. Absolutely supurb curry in Spice Avenue, Molesley afterwards...
  • Options
    I was there too with 2 more kent supporters and one essex and one yorkshire, in he hollies stand.Great day out!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: northstandsteve[/cite]AGREED LEN I TOLD MY SIX YEAR OLD KENT WERE LIKE CHARLTON GET YOUR HOPES UP THEN BLOW IT.BUT WE DIDN'T GET IN THERE,I REALLY HATE I MEAN HATE SURREY AND ALL THEIR BAIS MEDIA SUPPORTERS (TALK SPORTS ANDY JACOBS).I HOPE THEY CHOKE ON THEIR ANTI ROB KEY COMMENTS NOW.LETS HAVE THE PLAYERS DOWN THE VALLEY WITH THE 20 20 CUP,THAT WILL REALLY PISS OFF SCALLY.WE ARE KENT WE ARE KENT WE ARE KENT.

Get Kent down the VALLEY!!!!!!

Why?

Charlton is South London, Kent is er, Kent.
  • Options
    WSSWSS
    edited August 2007
    i would think ric that more of our support comes from Kent than it does from South London...
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: MCS[/cite]very proud of kent, they did very well. good luck to big fat key, i like him he is a good fellow

i was in the same class as rob key, & fellow player in the school cricket team.
    even at 14/15 the difference in class was so apparent. he would often play the whole match without getting out.. ( he was opening batsman) & would knock the bowlers around the field all day long with no effort.
  • Options
    lol, what school was that carling?
  • Options
    colfes in lee green
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited August 2007
    [cite]Posted By: MCS[/cite]lol, what school was that carling?

The only school to go to in South East London.. (Colfe's in Lee)

Come on Carling. Lets give them a rendition! Of the school hymn shall we?

Wikipedia

I didnt realise Gary Bushell was an old boy!!
  • Options
    My brother went to Sixth Form at Colfes, mainly cause the Rugby coach at the time was Jon Gallacher
  • Options
    LOL.. i cant even remember it mate!!

Gary's son was also there, in the year below me..
    I should be on the list of notable colfeians!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]My brother went to Sixth Form at Colfes, mainly cause the Rugby coach at the time was Jon Gallacher

What did he leave cos JG coached me as well?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]My brother went to Sixth Form at Colfes, mainly cause the Rugby coach at the time was Jon Gallacher

he still run's it..
    ex NZ all black.. quality player..
  • Options
    Justin left in 1999
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]i would think ric that more of our support comes from Kent than it does from South London...

Maybe but you could argue that a lot of UManU's support comes from Surrey!!!

Some people support Kent, some people support Surrey, some Somerset, Esex, Yorkshire, but Charlton is in South London not Kent.
  • Options
    dont rise to Riscardo, he knows nothing about cricket.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]Justin left in 1999

Much younger than me then :(
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Riscardo[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]i would think ric that more of our support comes from Kent than it does from South London...

Maybe but you could argue that a lot of UManU's support comes from Surrey!!!

Some people support Kent, some people support Surrey, some Somerset, Esex, Yorkshire, but Charlton is in South London not Kent.

But it used to be part of Kent many many years ago before it was swallowed up in Greater london. And don't forget that Kent used to play at Blackheath and still play at Beckenham. I suppose you're going to argue that Beckenham is South London as well?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    its Cricket, we're football, surely that's the answer ?

If it was an individual with a Charlton link, i'd understand, but i really don't see the connection.
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    [cite]Posted By: Steve dowman[/cite]dont rise to Riscardo, he knows nothing about cricket.

Fair point ... it's the Middlesex supporter in me ;)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]its Cricket, we're football, surely that's the answer ?

If it was an individual with a Charlton link, i'd understand, but i really don't see the connection.
    Marcus Bent is a Kent.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]its Cricket, we're football, surely that's the answer ?

Marcus Bent is a Kent.

Kent is the garden of England, Marcus Bent is the manure.
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]

Marcus Bent is a Kent.

But is he a Man of Kent or a Kentish Man?
  • Options
    Definitely Kentish
  • Options
    well done kent,why on earth they need to come to the valley,in se7,nothing to do with us,well done to them though.
  • Options
    Are all the Sidcup Crew claiming to be in kent cos they won the Ketman 20/20, hangers on the lot of ya. If you don't live out near the River Medway you are a Kent Plastic FACT
  • Options
    is marcus bent a country gent or a gentry c..t
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: oohaahmortimer[/cite]is marcus bent a country gent or a gentry c..t

You really need us to answer that?!