Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Where to watch the marathon?

2»

Comments

• Options
    Also, why they did train engineering and fucked up almost all travel today i don't know. My trip in was 3 hours and usually takes 70 mins.. Mrs had a mare getting around too. 
  • Options
    shine166 said:
    Finished in 4 hrs 43, which is unfortunately slower than id hoped but it all went to shit when I picked up a cup of lucosade (left half my fuel in my bag at drop off rushing in the rain after train delays and started 25 mins late) and chucked my ring up and lost my pace completely around half way. Cramped up twice too... main thing though is I finished after a few months of shit training due to injury.

https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/Carl-Cashman4

Great achievement mate regardless of the time. To put it into perspective, I was blowing out of my arse after 30 minutes on the treadmill up the gym earlier.
  • Options
    R0TW said:
    Nailed it in under 3 hours. Very impressed with myself.
    Sorry, was taking the piss out of myself. Wouldn’t have got near DMs half hour on a treadmill if I’m honest.
  • Options
    R0TW said:
    Nailed it in under 3 hours. Very impressed with myself.
    Damn dude 🙌
  • Options
    @shine166 well done mate, huge achievement 
  • Options
    Well done Shine.

I would avoid Greenwich next time Afka. Last time I watched a pal I saw her just after the woolwich ferry roundabout, then to Limehouse on DLR, then back on dlr and to Lower Thames st.  Woolwich is much more accessible cos you can jump boat, dlr, Liz Line or train. No queues on the DLR there. 
  • Options
    Well done Shine. Forget the time, London's never been the place for mere mortals to do PB's, it's all about the crowds and the occasion. 
  • Options
    edited April 2023
    Well done @shine166 completing the marathon is an incredible achievement