Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Happy St George's Day

2»

Comments

• Options
    Happy St George's day  B)

• Options
    Gribbo said:
    seth plum said:
    George Orwell was actually named Eric Blair.
    Istanbul used to be called Constantinople.
    Iceland was Bejam
    They've arranged St George's Day to coincide with what is now called the London Snickers. 
  • Options
    Happy St George’s day everyone. 
  • Options
    The English flag and St Georges day offends people like Mr Plum for some weird reason.

Happy St Georges day to everyone else. I'm spending it down at Peppa pig world. Woohoo.
  • Options
    The English flag and St Georges day offends people like Mr Plum for some weird reason.

Happy St Georges day to everyone else. I'm spending it down at Peppa pig world. Woohoo.
    Please confirm that no real pigs are involved, or that'll start him off next
  • Options

Where is the evidence for this?
  • Options
    Just ignore him chaps. 
  • Options
    Plum by name plum by nature!

Happy St Georges Day all true Englishmen, and the rest of course!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    seth plum said:

Have you ever considered the possibility that you're partial to a bit of gaslighting Seth?
  • Options
    Gribbo said:

Please confirm that no real pigs are involved, or that'll start him off next
    I'll be having a nice bacon sarnie on behalf of him and poor peppa
  • Options
    Gribbo said:
    seth plum said:

Have you ever considered the possibility that you're partial to a bit of gaslighting Seth?
    Do you mean by gaslighting telling lies?
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    St George is believed to have been a Roman officer of Cappadocian Greek descent who died on 23rd April 303 (info from wiki).
    The dragon slaying story came in about 700 years after his death.
    He is also the patron saint of Moscow, Ukraine, and Ethiopia.
    Isn’t it nice that the English celebrate a Mediterranean man on this day?
    It’s almost like you’re suggesting that the dragon bit is made up?
  • Options
    edited April 2023
    It might have been a crocodile about six metres long.
    Or the concept of a dragon might have been poetic licence for slaying the Devil.

• Options
    Gribbo said:
    seth plum said:
    Gribbo said:
    seth plum said:

Do you mean by gaslighting telling lies?
    No I mean provoking people, then making them question their motives for questioning your obviously provocative posts.

You know exactly what you’re doing don’t you? 
    What did I write that was provocative?
    Is it you gaslighting me in some way?
  • Options
    Happy St George’s Day all!
  • Options
    bobmunro said:
    Let the triggering commence  :D

I had a bet with myself who it would be.

I won!
    Seems we're both quids in, Bob.

May I suggest you celebrate with a fine English pint or two?
    Bobs a Scotsman BBW, he will on the Iron Brew with a deep fried Mars Bar
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited April 2023
    bobmunro said:
    Let the triggering commence  :D

I had a bet with myself who it would be.

I won!
    Seems we're both quids in, Bob.

May I suggest you celebrate with a fine English pint or two?
    Bobs a Scotsman BBW, he will on the Iron Brew with a deep fried Mars Bar
    By heritage, yes - and I'm proud of my Scottish name and roots (if not all Scottish cuisine!). But I consider myself English.

• Options
    Happy St George’s Day to all who remain proud to be from our pleasant land 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿
    And a happy St George's Day to you too Afka.  As well as everyone else lucky enough over the last 800,000 to call this great country home.  

This royal throne of kings, this sceptred isle,
    This earth of majesty, this seat of Mars,
    This other Eden, demi-paradise,
    This fortress built by Nature for herself
    Against infection and the hand of war,
    This happy breed of men, this little world,
    This precious stone set in the silver sea,
    Which serves it in the office of a wall,
    Or as a moat defensive to a house,
    Against the envy of less happier lands,
    This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England … 

And happy St George's Day to the other countries and regions who claim patronage from St George, including Georgia, Aragon, Catalonia, Valencia, the Balearic Islands, Portugal, Brazil, Russia, Bulgaria, Bosnia, Montenegro and Serbia. 

And to scouts, the cavalry, soldiers, the Greek and Cypriot armed forces. 

And, let's not forget, St George is the patron saint of sufferers of syphilis.  So, that's nice. 
  • Options
    Happy St George’s day from your resident Scottish person. 
  • Options
    Sad how its never mentioned in the media but come St Patrick's day EVERYONE has to know about it. Pubs doing special deals & news items are outside many places in ENGLAND chatting to everyone going in & out of said hostelries. 

• Options
    Sad how its never mentioned in the media but come St Patrick's day EVERYONE has to know about it. Pubs doing special deals & news items are outside many places in ENGLAND chatting to everyone going in & out of said hostelries. 

Yep it's all a bit bizzare. Doing my DNA test my distant heritage is 26% Irish, but I wouldn't dream of celebrating St Patrick's day. Im English born and (mostly) bred. End of. 
  • Options
    See there was some women on tv this morning going on about how we shouldn't celebrate St George's day not to feel proud to be English & we should change our flag as it's disrespectful to people of color 
    Even though Ed Balls reminded her that we stood up against the far right in the 2nd world war she was having none of it

unbelievable they even gave her the time of day to air this crap this woke s#it is out of hand & needs put back in it's place 
  • Options
    Wellred said:
    See there was some women on tv this morning going on about how we shouldn't celebrate St George's day not to feel proud to be English & we should change our flag as it's disrespectful to people of color 
    Even though Ed Balls reminded her that we stood up against the far right in the 2nd world war she was having none of it

unbelievable they even gave her the time of day to air this crap this woke s#it is out of hand & needs put back in it's place 
    They like to find one loony to get you riled up. Seems it worked. I would say 95% of us lefties think it's crap too. 

I tend to get more annoyed at people with actual power who are making the UK/England a laughing stock.   
  • Options
    Wellred said:

They like to find one loony to get you riled up. Seems it worked. I would say 95% of us lefties think it's crap too. 

I tend to get more annoyed at people with actual power who are making the UK/England a laughing stock.   
    Totally & what a mess they making of it you couldn't mess it up any more even if you was trying
    Mind you they are one's who make money when it all goes tits up so they probably are