Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Len Goodman - RIP

2»

Comments

• Options
    RIP to a consumate entertainment.
  • Options
    That's really sad... what a lovely guy!

It'll be a sad day for this country and it's future when this generation of gentleman disappear.
  • Options
    echo that 78 is young these days. What a character, me and my mate's still drunkedly shout "SEVEERRRRRRRRN!" on a night out. 
  • Options
    RIP Len.
  • Options
    edited April 2023
    "That was all Sausage and no sizzle"

No, not what your Wife, Partner, girlfriend or the woman you had met down the Millers said, but just one of the many comments that Len pickle my walnuts Goodman said on Strictly.

As Many CL folk have said, Len Goodman was know in the dancing world of Dartford and Kent but it's amazing he didn't find fame in the UK and the States until he was 60 and became the household name after being a head judge both sides of the pond.

We have lost 3 people in the wacky world of TV entertainment in Paul O'Grady, Barry Humphrey's and Len Goodman in just the last week or so.

One of the good guys.

RIP Len 
  • Options
    This news is very sad. RIP Len
  • Options
    Used to go to Goodmans disco as a teenager, remember him “on the door”. My Dad who was the same age played golf occasionally with him at Dartford Golf club, where they were both members. He always said what a nice bloke he was. Amazing how late in life success came to him, gives us all hope! RIP Len.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Such sad news, he was such a lovely man, much missed since he left Strictly. 
  • Options
    edited April 2023
    Really loving hearing all the personal stories of Len on here. I am a big Strictly fan and he was such a big part of why it became such a success, him and Brucie.
    Remember ‘keep dancing’ 💃 🕺 
  • Options
    Anton du Beke gave a lovely emotional tribute to Len on the One Show this evening.
  • Options
    Some lovely stories on this thread and it comes as no surprise that he was as nice a bloke off screen as he was on.

RIP Len. 
  • Options
    His death made the National news networks here in the States. That shows how he was revered over here. Sad news indeed. 
  • Options
    RobRob
    edited April 2023
    They gave a brief bio and mentioned his dance studio in Dartford. I saw it on NBC and I know it was on ABC so I’m sure it was on the other Networks as they more or less cover the same things. 
  • Options
    RIP

Heaven as Len would say.
  • Options
    RIP
  • Options
    For Len, a ten. Thanks for the entertainment. RIP. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Caught some of the tribute programme on BBC last night after the 10 o'clock news.  He seemed like such a nice guy.
  • Options
    Sad to hear. RIP Len
  • Options
    So many good guys leaving us in such  a short space of time  Lens "7" is iconic,even on golf courses if someone gets a 7 it is often announced in his strictly way RIP.
  • Options
    One of my mothers best friends is a lady called Margaret Zavaroni (Lena's cousin) and he once visited her cafe on the isle of bute for a bbc series he was doing,

She said he was an absolute gent both on and off camera and had time to chat to the locals when filming was done.

Top man RIP.
  • Options
    Randomly boozing once in the old coffee house near carnaby st (if you know, you know) and he bowled down beak street, smoking a fag with a big smile on his boat. RIP