Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Lap of Dishonour

2»

Comments

• Options

She should follow them round..
  • Options
    It’s been a really poor season (again), so I wouldn’t blame fans for disappearing pretty quickly after the final whistle.  On the other hand, someone like Morgan (as an example) does try his best when he puts on the shirt.  He’s just not good enough at this level.  It’s perfectly reasonable and for people to want to stay and applaud him and others at the end of the game.

the whole children on the pitch thing is more a moment for the players and the kids and whilst I don’t begrudge it, when we’ve had a crap season, I’d rather they (the players) just get the whole thing done quickly and with as little fuss as possible.  If they want their kids to come onto the pitch and play around come back out later or something.  Unless there’s a promotion or title to be celebrated, I don’t see the point 
  • Options
    I wonder if Thomas / our new owner will be parachuting in with the red arrows, serenading us with a rendition of Valley Floyd road on electric guitar. 🪂 🎸 
    Well if he,s parachuting in with the Red Arrows that would sum the season up perfect.

One 🤬 accident.

Its the Red Devils 
  • Options
    Can't make the game thankfully. If I could I would stay and clap. The season has been crap but I can't think of any players who have not given their best.  Trouble is we have too many where their best is just not good enough.  Can't boo the players for that. 

Now if Tommy happened to join them with his guitar...
  • Options
    cafctom said:
    Imagine the appetite for it from the fans’ side will largely be dictated by how the game itself goes on the day. 

Fans are fickle after all. 
    I think we are entitled to be Tom. 
  • Options
    Meeting up with some old faces for a final game drink-up. None of us will likely bother with tickets so that the mood of the day isn't ruined.
  • Options
    cafctom said:
    Imagine the appetite for it from the fans’ side will largely be dictated by how the game itself goes on the day. 

Fans are fickle after all. 
    I think we are entitled to be Tom. 
    Wouldn’t suggest otherwise, I’m exactly the same.
  • Options
    Wasn't there today so did this happen and did anyone hang about for it?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Wasn't there today so did this happen and did anyone hang about for it?
    Must have happened but I left 2 mins to go. Had to wait on coach for good 20 mins for people to turn up. Just don't understand staying to appreciate mediocrity but each to their own.
  • Options
    Won't be hanging around long enough to clap or boo. Think those that stay should stand in silence with their backs to the pitch. Been a shit show of a season. Alternatively just send round AMB, Ness, Leaburn, Rak Saki, Campbell and I'll stay and clap them. The rest can do one.
    Yet has been a better season than last!
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Won't be hanging around long enough to clap or boo. Think those that stay should stand in silence with their backs to the pitch. Been a shit show of a season. Alternatively just send round AMB, Ness, Leaburn, Rak Saki, Campbell and I'll stay and clap them. The rest can do one.
    Bar wasn't very high was it.
  • Options
    Curbs stand was quite full for the lap of honour, CE much emptier. Fortunately they did it fairly soon after the end. Deano did a  little thank you speech, the usual sort of thing
  • Options
    There will be young kids and family members present with the players if they do the usual type thing. Not really fair to boo them too, unless I'm missing something.
    They simply shouldn't be there. In what other area of the entertainment business does this happen? None, because it's a nonsense.
  • Options
    There will be young kids and family members present with the players if they do the usual type thing. Not really fair to boo them too, unless I'm missing something.
    They simply shouldn't be there. In what other area of the entertainment business does this happen? None, because it's a nonsense.
    Doesnt everyone do a lap of the office high fiving  colleagues with the family in tow before taking 2 weeks annual leave ? 😉
  • Options
    I  stayed for the lap. They got a decent reception. Particularly the young players who brightened up the day and season.
  • Options
    edited April 2023
    By the time they walked around to the north stand reckon there was  only 1000 in the ground. 

Didn’t look good. 
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Any better atmosphere from the people around you or no different to the season previous? 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    shirty5 said:
    Stewart said:
    By the time they walked around to the north stand reckon there was 1000 in the ground. 

Didn’t look good. 
    As soon as the final whistle the vast majority left. A  lap of honour is when you achieve something successful

Being a mid table side for 2 years in a row in League One deserves a kick up the arse

Totally agree. I was there only waiting for the queue in crossbars to get shorter. 

• Options
    I think it’s a lap of saying thank you for the support.
  • Options
    Part of their contracts then? 

• Options
    I agree, particularly in this case I think it was more so the players thanking the fans for sticking by them this season.