Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

A very stupid question

Comments

• Options
    Thanks for all the helpful replies

I've got another: 

What was the famous LIAR ⬇️ about? I believe it was directed at Katrien Meire but what lies did it refer to?
  • Options
    Foxycafc said:

I've got another: 

What was the famous LIAR ⬇️ about? I believe it was directed at Katrien Meire but what lies did it refer to?
    https://www.votvonline.com/home/the-2015-16-blogs/13-5-conference-goer-katrien-veers-off-agenda-again/
  • Options
    LenGlover said:
    Every time she opened her mouth????????????
  • Options
    shirty5 said:
    Foxycafc said:

I've got another: 

https://www.votvonline.com/home/the-2015-16-blogs/13-5-conference-goer-katrien-veers-off-agenda-again/
    Brilliant article, although, I can't help but ask... what's the Crossbars fiasco, the sex video and the house DJ?

I'm fairly sure I know about the away coach travel arrangements, weren't the players supposed to find their own way home to save money? Vaguely remember my older brother telling me about how he met some players at the train station abandoned up north...
  • Options
    Foxycafc said:
    LenGlover said:
    Every time she opened her mouth????????????
    Sorry not intended as a slight to you in anyway. Just an instinctive response.
  • Options
    The House DJ was a young woman called Lady T who made her one and only appearance in Crossbars before a home game.

T’s in Erith would have been out of place for her as well, alas not her fault, more on the person who booked her. 
  • Options
    The sex video was more of an idea from a young man in the commercial department with a double barrelled surname who’s name I can’t remember, however his boss or someone on a higher pay grade would have given the ok on it. Or you would have liked to think so

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2971307/amp/Charlton-Athletic-confirm-video-couple-having-sex-Valley-pitch-PR-stunt.html
  • Options
    shirty5 said:
    The House DJ was a young woman called Lady T who made her one and only appearance in Crossbars before a home game.

T’s in Erith would have been out of place for her as well, alas not her fault, more on the person who booked her. 
    Just had a listen, not even a bad set. Bit out of place in Crossbars though... 😂
  • Options
    Foxycafc said:
    shirty5 said:

Just had a listen, not even a bad set. Bit out of place in Crossbars though... 😂
    Dazzling Darren from Dear John would have been more appropriate for the average age back then

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    shirty5 said:
    The sex video was more of an idea from a young man in the commercial department with a double barrelled surname who’s name I can’t remember, however his boss or someone on a higher pay grade would have given the ok on it. Or you would have liked to think so

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2971307/amp/Charlton-Athletic-confirm-video-couple-having-sex-Valley-pitch-PR-stunt.html
    That's fucking mental 😂😂😂. I don't hate it tbh, eyes on the club through a funny shock social media video
  • Options
    Next question: Who are the Aussies and the Spivs? Potential owners from times gone, yes? Lord(s) and saviour (s), yes?
  • Options
    Foxycafc said:
    Next question: Who are the Aussies and the Spivs? Potential owners from times gone, yes? Lord(s) and saviour (s), yes?
    Aussies refers to the last takeover prior to ESL where a group of Australians fronted by Andrew muir were locked in an eternal negotiation with RD because of surprise surprise a disagreement over the cost of the valley/training ground. Rumour has it from @JamesSeed who was in contact with the group that they had agreed a price before ESI turned up and almost doubled it.
  • Options
    im not totally certain if these questions are being passive aggressive or not tbh - giving you the benefit of the doubt foxy - there is a very good series of videos that could answer any questions - Jimmy?
  • Options
    im not totally certain if these questions are being passive aggressive or not tbh - giving you the benefit of the doubt foxy - there is a very good series of videos that could answer any questions - Jimmy?
    Seeing as he said he was sitting his English Lit GCSE a week before the exam my son took then I take everything he says with a pinch of salt. 
  • Options
    TELTEL
    edited May 2023
    Nug said:
    Here's a starter

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r3K_wVqF6b8

That brought back some memories. Saw it at the time and just as poignant  today.
  • Options
    Ironically in this weird world we live in, we are probably a darn sight worse off now and Banjo Bjorn has gotten off lightly. I guess everyone became battle weary. We've just bounced from one bad ownership to another and I've no great expectations that the next will be any better. I hope they prove me wrong. 
  • Options
    edited May 2023
    It's that sliding door moment BUT if we had lost that final would the 34million been paid by the Aussies and accepted by Duchatelet and even if it took another 3 seasons to get back to the Championship.
    We may still be in the 2nd tier and moaning about finishing 7th and has Bowyer taken Cafc as far as he can!  
    Aribo walked anyway and it would've been better to sell Taylor if another League 1 season beckoned. We know the transfer request from Lyle would've been written before that day was out.

It's hard to imagine we wouldn't have been better run under Muir and co. 
    BFG scoring was fantastic but...
  • Options
    It didn't happen. If it had, we may have had a different manager. Who knows what would have happened. What I know about Andrew Muir, is that the right people would have running the club.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Seeing as he said he was sitting his English Lit GCSE a week before the exam my son took then I take everything he says with a pinch of salt. 
    Different exam boards - come on Golfie…
  • Options
    Fair do's. Still think you would be better off spending your time revising. 
  • Options
    Macronate said:
    It was predominantly to do with his inattentiveness towards his teeth and shoes.

That’s how I remember it anyway.
    Gudmunson said he looked like a homeless person
  • Options
    Uboat said:
    It’s all in here, but maybe wait until after your GCSEs. 

I was going to say A levels, or whatever they call them these days....
  • Options
    Question 3: What does Tony Keohane even do and why is he called Burger Boy
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    sam3110 said:
    Long story short, he brought in a lot of guff that has nothing to do with running a good football club, including but not limited to:

Installing a cringe worthy fan sofa in one corner of the ground for select fans to sit on for a game

Trying to implement European style things in the ground like goal music

Hiring Katrien Miere and giving her free reign in a job she was clearly clueless and out of her depth in

Referring to fans as customers

Selling our better players at key moments and bringing in players from the network of clubs to cover them, at significantly lower wages, and skill

Trying to pick the team and influence the squad

Sacking Chris Powell when he decided not to follow what RD wanted

The subsequent hiring and firing of a multitude of coaches, all useless and with no idea what they were getting into

Trying to use the network of clubs as a threat to players, like telling Poyet he'd be loaned out to one of the Belgian clubs

General disdain for the club, the supporters and it's long serving members of staff

Changing the club mascots for the worse

I'm sure there's a hell of a lot more that hasn't been covered
    Stupid enough to let the Contracts of Grant and Aribo to run down, so we got a pitance for them

Trousered the transfer fee for Ademola Lookman
    Sorry but this a pet hate of mine.

He didn't "trouser" it.  We lost more than that the season before.  He didn't reinvest.  But the idea that all the loses are the owners and any income is the clubs is bizarre.  Plenty of other things to legitimately complain about.

Same with Thomas, he didn't "trouser" the Bonne, Phillips or Doughty money either.

Different rules applied in the EFL compared to say Belgium.
    Roland Duchatelet was not only owner but appeared to work as an agent when Michy Batshuayi was transferred first to Marseille and then Chelsea.
    Duchatelet would have needed clown trousers with braces as 10 million euros came his way as claimed by reputable Journalists in Belgium.
  • Options
    Foxycafc said:
    Nobody really knows, other than strong allegations of bullying other Club staff,  which is why, with all the cost cutting that has happened, fans feel he should have been released some time back.

He is called Burger Boy because he was employed in catering in a previous job.
  • Options
    LenGlover said:
    Foxycafc said:
    Nobody really knows, other than strong allegations of bullying other Club staff,  which is why, with all the cost cutting that has happened, fans feel he should have been released some time back.

He is called Burger Boy because he was employed in catering in a previous job.

Thanks for the info Len, as unless you're in the cabal some of the in jokes references just fall flat.