Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Luke Varney

edited August 2007 in General Charlton
Is absolutely key to our season IMO.

If he is fit and scores goals, and i'm talking 20+, then we're in for a very good year.

If he is injured, or doesn't live up to his price tag, then i think its going to be a very different season.

If there is one player other than the keeper in our squad that is under pressure to perform, it is him.

I really hope he is up for it.

Views ?

Comments

• Options
    Yesterday made that abundantly claer AFKA- we really didn't really have any bite.

I'm sure he'll be up for it- big chance for him- Gresty Rd to the Valley

Whether he's able enough- only time will tell- and i'd hazard a guess none of us have seen enough of him to know.
  • Options
    [align=right][/align]
  • Options
    He is expected to be fit for scunthorpe
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Maglor[/cite]He is expected to be fit for scunthorpe

I thought Pards said two to three weeks in his Braga press conference.
  • Options
    i'd sacrifice him for one game to make sure he is fully right.
  • Options
    Suspect he'll be back for Sheffield Wednesday, or the scum
  • Options
    If there is one player other than the keeper in our squad that is under pressure to perform, it is him.

So, no pressure on him then?

Goals win matches and I don't care who gets them.

For Varney to succeed we need his striking partner to also have a good year and hope that whether that is Bent, Toddy or Iwulemo they can form an effective partnership, but we also have to get them the ball in the first place and therefore I'd suggest that Reid/Ambrose/Thomas/Christensen can play to their strengths.
  • Options
    According to Pards at the Press conference on Saturday, he's two to three weeks away.

According to the player himself when I spoke to him prior to the Ebsfleet Utd match, he said he wouldn't be fit for the Braga or Scunthorpe games, but hoped to be available for the Stoke match.
  • Options
    he has some lovely birds as well - looked very tasty in Crossbars!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]he has some lovely birds as well - looked very tasty in Crossbars!

Can I sense a little green eyed monster????
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Carter[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]he has some lovely birds as well - looked very tasty in Crossbars!

no, just a one eyed monster looking with great interest
  • Options
    He seemed a bit in awe of the stadium I thought kept peering out through the blinds trying to take it all in. Bet he cannot wait to get out there. Nice Harem as well, West Side has a challenger...
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ketman[/cite]He seemed a bit in awe of the stadium I thought kept peering out through the blinds trying to take it all in. Bet he cannot wait to get out there. Nice Harem as well, West Side has a challenger...
    I loved it when old Reg came up and introduced himself to Luke in the lower west before the game. Luke was really enthusiastic to meet Reg!
  • Options
    It's nice to have players who are really happy to at Charlton, makes a change from the money grabbing so and so of the Premier League
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Carter[/cite]

no, just a one eyed monster looking with great interest

Eeuurgh, can you eleaborate on that or have I heard enough already?