Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Best value for money this season…

On a pure goals per game basis, Burton have provided the most goalscoring action at both ends of the pitch this season (with one more game to go).

Ipswich and Charlton share second place.

Goals
135: Burton
132: Ipswich, Charlton
127: Peterborough, Exeter
125: Plymouth, Barnsley
123: Bristol Rovers
120: Morecambe
118: Forest Green
117: Sheff Wed
115: Port Vale
114: Accrington
112: Derby
110: MK Dons
109: Shrewsbury
107: Portsmouth
106: Wycombe, Cambridge
102: Cheltenham, Oxford
100: Fleetwood
93: Bolton, Lincoln

Comments

• Options
    Final tallies

136: Burton, Ipswich, Charlton
    132: Exeter
    131: Bristol Rovers
    129: Peterborough, Plymouth
    127: Barnsley
    125: Morecambe
    120: Forest Green
    119: Port Vale
    118: Sheff Wed
    117: Accrington
    113: Derby, Shrewsbury
    111: Portsmouth
    110: MK Dons, Wycombe
    109: Cambridge
    106: Cheltenham
    105: Oxford
    104: Fleetwood
    98: Bolton
    94: Lincoln
  • Options
    Does this mean anything? Nah
  • Options
    Proves we need to think about a decent enough replacement for Rak-Sakyi

Find better than Bonne | Stockley from what we started the season with, so we're not reliant on Aneke | Leaburn

and then focus on tightening up the Defence!!! - Certainly our discipline
  • Options
    The best value I got was by not buying a season ticket
  • Options
    Ipswich scored 101 goals and 10 of those were against Cafc !
    Plus they only conceded 35 goals. They deserved to be champions but the green army got more points.
    The fitness of the Ipswich side in attacking and defending was out standing. Their worse defensive display was against Charlton in the 4-4 game.

We were the sixth highest scorer ahead of Bolton but only 8 teams concerned more than 66.

3 goals a game average over a 46 game season is top entertainment !

We need to concede about 46 instead of 66 and score around the 68 to 70 mark to at least move another 4 places up the table.

Easier said than done !

• Options
    Final tallies

136: Burton, Ipswich, Charlton
    132: Exeter
    131: Bristol Rovers
    129: Peterborough, Plymouth
    127: Barnsley
    125: Morecambe
    120: Forest Green
    119: Port Vale
    118: Sheff Wed
    117: Accrington
    113: Derby, Shrewsbury
    111: Portsmouth
    110: MK Dons, Wycombe
    109: Cambridge
    106: Cheltenham
    105: Oxford
    104: Fleetwood
    98: Bolton
    94: Lincoln
    I mentioned in another thread that we and Lincoln ended up with the same number of points, but that we were far more "entertaining" as our games had a lot more goals.

While it's no consolation ultimately, it's preferable to be watching 2-2s rather than 0-0s...
  • Options
    Good for something then.
  • Options
    Not sure the amount of goals we conceded counts as value for money. 
    Conceding far fewer would leave me going home a lot happier. 
  • Options
    If we win then I don’t care if it’s 1-0 or 4-3, in fact when it was killer, flash and paddy doing the attacking you never wondered whether we would score, you always went to the game expecting goals were going to be scored by one of them, if not more than one of them and accepted the other team were also going to score. Now that’s value for money entertainment.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    If we win then I don’t care if it’s 1-0 or 4-3, in fact when it was killer, flash and paddy doing the attacking you never wondered whether we would score, you always went to the game expecting goals were going to be scored by one of them, if not more than one of them and accepted the other team were also going to score. Now that’s value for money entertainment.
    My favourite era in supporting Charlton. 
    Happy days 
  • Options
    Happy days 
    Mine too
  • Options
    Happy days 
    Back in those days, it didn’t matter if we conceded first as we always seemed to out score the opposition. Those were the days!
  • Options
    Home shirt for £15 in the Club Shop before the Morecambe game last month 
  • Options
    So, if we hadn't shat in those 6 goals at Ipswich we would only be fourth in that table?

Hmmm. Nope, that's not making me feel a whole lot better to be honest.
  • Options
    Off_it said:
    So, if we hadn't shat in those 6 goals at Ipswich we would only be fourth in that table?

Hmmm. Nope, that's not making me feel a whole lot better to be honest.
    If only we'd let in 7.
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    We scored more than any team outside the playoffs, quite considerably more than most and actually outscored one of the teams that did make the playoffs. 

Our problems have been defensively, conceding 66 goals is borderline relegation material.

Thankfully the player that contributed the most to our goal scoring exploits is tied down to a long term contract.
    JRS contributed 15 goals and 9 assists so was involved in more than one in three of our goals. Miles' record was 12 plus 3. 
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    We scored more than any team outside the playoffs, quite considerably more than most and actually outscored one of the teams that did make the playoffs. 

Our problems have been defensively, conceding 66 goals is borderline relegation material.

Thankfully the player that contributed the most to our goal scoring exploits is tied down to a long term contract.
    You forgot to add "...with Crystal Palace".
  • Options
    £4.00 To watch the under18's tonight.on Charlton TV.