Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

James Beattie

My Palace mate bet me last night that Beattie will score a minimum 25 league goals for Sheff U this season.

Now, was i taking advantage of a drunk man (20 cans of John Smiths), or does anyone actually think he will win his bet ?

Comments

• Options
    Difficult 1 to call, he's been injured quiet a lot and will be a marked man, i'd say he WON'T score 25.
  • Options
    well our everton mates had a drink to toast the fact that it was the easiest money they'd made since we gave them 2.5m for Marcus
  • Options
    He's a total confidence player and if he gets off to a decent start you may be in trouble but he looks heavy at the mo, so you can be the happier with the bet.
  • Options
    in the region of 12-15 i'd say
  • Options
    What are you doing having a palace mate ?
  • Options
    i would say he's got a good bet if Warnock was still manager as they would play the long ball game to his strentghs. With robson I am not so sure but he will deffo get 15 easy.

I'm with shag what's all this Palace and mate nonsense.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Shag[/cite]What are you doing having a palace mate ?

to make me feel better about myself.....
  • Options
    As Ledge says, depends on tactics - if they expect him to run the channels he won't perform (like JFH last season).

If they build their attacking play around him, providing good service from wide positions - he'll get enough chances to score plenty. He's a free kick and penalty taker too.
  • Options
    To get 25 games he's going to have to play every league match, take the pens and have a stonking season to boot.

I can't see it.
  • Options
    A fit, confident and committed Beattie could be a right handful in this league.

20-25 could be attainable considering that's really only a goal every other game
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]My Palace mate bet me last night that Beattie will score a minimum 25 league goals for Sheff U this season.

Now, was i taking advantage of a drunk man (20 cans of John Smiths), or does anyone actually think he will win his bet ?

Hmmm, six league goals already.

Never bet with a drunk Palarse fan....
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]My Palace mate bet me last night that Beattie will score a minimum 25 league goals for Sheff U this season.

Reidy's got 5 from midfield (well, including 3 pens)
  • Options
    nice keeping by rachubka for beattie's second , a top drawer howler
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]

No, the moral here is don't have P*larse fans as mates - particularly ones who drink shite like John Smiths!
  • Options

Phew - Out for 4-6 weeks with a knee injury !!
  • Options
    just in time for palace to beat them ;-(
  • Options
    bump, hat trick on Sunday or i'm quids in