Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer Transfer Rumours - Deadline Day p446

Comments

• sam3110 said:
    supaclive said:
    I think the moderators allow Ronnie to post just for shits and giggles
    The more he posts the more people read it, lol his posts and reply to them. Drives site traffic up which helps the ads get seen more so costs to run the site are marginally helped out. Win win
    Wow, you’ve absolutely nailed it there Sam, it’s all an elaborate marketing tactic! 

If the truth be known, me and Ronnie both leaflet for the Local Conservatives and worked together on the  Brexit bus campaign, so he can kinda do what he likes :-) 

Let’s clear this up though and hopefully this can be the end of it. In all honesty, I just don’t understand how people can get so worked up. For a forum to be enjoyable or interesting you have to have a variety of views and a variety of characters. A balance of seriousness with a wedge of humour. Otherwise it’s just cold and vanilla. 

Is he a serious poster or is he playing a character? Who knows for sure but ask yourself, Is he hurting anyone? Is he being abusive? 

Personally, I find it funny when we get dicked 4-0 and he gives all the defenders 8/10 and blames the ref for the defeat as the third was offside, or pops up with an absolutely daft defence for something not happening with 100% belief when everyone else says the opposite. Sometimes I know what he’s gonna post before he does on something, surely others must be thinking the same?

I’ve far more problem with those who ridicule what he posts and abuse him than anything he contributes. Just wish people wouldn’t take things so seriously. If you don’t find it amusing, just scroll on.

Now we’ve covered that, grateful if a line can be drawn there please as I’m not a fan of openly discussing another poster in such way, cheers 

Can’t believe you left all that space under your post. Now that’s the sort of behaviour that needs stamping out!
  • sam3110 said:
    supaclive said:
    I think the moderators allow Ronnie to post just for shits and giggles
    The more he posts the more people read it, lol his posts and reply to them. Drives site traffic up which helps the ads get seen more so costs to run the site are marginally helped out. Win win
    Wow, you’ve absolutely nailed it there Sam, it’s all an elaborate marketing tactic! 

If the truth be known, me and Ronnie both leaflet for the Local Conservatives and worked together on the  Brexit bus campaign, so he can kinda do what he likes :-) 

Let’s clear this up though and hopefully this can be the end of it. In all honesty, I just don’t understand how people can get so worked up. For a forum to be enjoyable or interesting you have to have a variety of views and a variety of characters. A balance of seriousness with a wedge of humour. Otherwise it’s just cold and vanilla. 

Is he a serious poster or is he playing a character? Who knows for sure but ask yourself, Is he hurting anyone? Is he being abusive? 

Personally, I find it funny when we get dicked 4-0 and he gives all the defenders 8/10 and blames the ref for the defeat as the third was offside, or pops up with an absolutely daft defence for something not happening with 100% belief when everyone else says the opposite. Sometimes I know what he’s gonna post before he does on something, surely others must be thinking the same?

I’ve far more problem with those who ridicule what he posts and abuse him than anything he contributes. Just wish people wouldn’t take things so seriously. If you don’t find it amusing, just scroll on.

Now we’ve covered that, grateful if a line can be drawn there please as I’m not a fan of openly discussing another poster in such way, cheers 

YES! Completely agree with this. If he’s not serious then I actually don’t mind it at all, he’s mixing it up. Far better than reading the miserable rubbish that one particular poster writes daily. 
    Leave Henry alone ffs. 
  • Presumably to cover for Mullin while he's out.

They're paying a fee for a striker from the league above to cover a an injury to a striker, we've completely ignored the injury to our striker and played wingers and youth teamers instead.
    And even they with all their spending power for league 2 have taken a month to replace him.

Mullin is back in training as well, expected to return in the next few weeks.
  • Ferryman said:
    So they tried to wing it until Leaburn returns but now it's gone tits up they're trying to get a striker at the eleventh hour.
    And we sold Egbo over 2 weeks ago and still haven't replaced him at RB
  • MarcusH26 said:

Alongside 5 tubes of pringles, two bottles of diet coke, a terrys chocolate orange, and multipack of Monster Munch. #transferdeadline
  • Surely needing an extra CB would depend on how we want to set up? If a manager comes in and doesn't want 3 at the back, doesn't that leave us rather overstocked in that area? Not that our CBs have been anywhere near good enough, just seems strange.
  • chev said:
    So we've already signed 3 CBs and have a promising youngster who did well last year and still we need another CB presumably because the 3 we've signed aren't good enough or can't play in a 3 if we're sticking with 352 although with no manager who knows what formation we'll be playing!. We've needed an RB or RWB and a forward since the transfer window opened so all in all that's another recruitment fail.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited August 2023
    CAFCDAZ said:
    Surely needing an extra CB would depend on how we want to set up? If a manager comes in and doesn't want 3 at the back, doesn't that leave us rather overstocked in that area? Not that our CBs have been anywhere near good enough, just seems strange.
    would allow Elerewe & Mitchell to go on much needed NL loans 
  • ValleyBen said:
    It was a mistake to offer new contracts to both Hector and Thomas, since at best they were both average last season, should have been one or the other. 
    Or neither and get better ones in
  • CAFCDAZ said:
    Surely needing an extra CB would depend on how we want to set up? If a manager comes in and doesn't want 3 at the back, doesn't that leave us rather overstocked in that area? Not that our CBs have been anywhere near good enough, just seems strange.
    Yes but it’s better they improve a weak area of the squad than stick with it just because we have one or two too many. Three of them are still very young.
  • CAFCDAZ said:
    Overstocked, but not good enough. Get an improvement in and then let others go in loan 
  • ValleyBen said:
    It was a mistake to offer new contracts to both Hector and Thomas, since at best they were both average last season, should have been one or the other. 
    That would have worked too, I am still surprised we offered one to Thomas especially, I get it is a nice story him being from our academy and he seems a decent guy but other then a couple of half decent performances at LB I thought he always looked a mistake waiting to happen last season.
  • Chunes said:
    Pleased to hear CB is on the list. Vast improvement needed. 
    Maybe Pearce could do a job, 36 years old, and still got his boots...🤔😉
  • Sponsored links:

• So Dabo , the tall bloke from Man City and Jason Pearce laces his boots back up as Player Manager ( Interim ) 
  • ValleyBen said:
    Hector is a decent defender and most fans were happy that he stayed. I wouldn't write him off just yet.
    I would say that as well - played football last night, and in my team is his ex teacher, and he struggles mentally from time to time, and when he is down he is pretty bad! 
  • edited August 2023
    We kept clean sheets in only 20% of our games last year. Top 6 teams were closer to 40-50%.

We haven't brought in players that will give us that 20-30% improvement. The results are not lying.
  • ValleyBen said:
    Hector is a decent defender and most fans were happy that he stayed. I wouldn't write him off just yet.
    I won't write him off just yet.
    But let's be honest he has been way below what we thought he would be so far this season. 
  • Nombe at £1m when we already paid for May wasn't going to happen. 

Time will tell if it turns out to be a good deal for him, disappointed we decided he wasn't worth it, but pointless debating that now
  • If there was Championship interest, even a lower club like Rotherham, it would be hard to compete. If we were ever trying to compete...
  • Nombe sold to Rotherham for a fee of £1m.
    And instead of increasing our bid by £500k we spent it on compensation sacking our manager.

Cool. 
    But if he could get a move into the Championship, he wouldn’t have joined us anyway