Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer Transfer Rumours - Deadline Day p446

Comments

• Would be happy with Tennai Watson. MK had a poor season but he was one of their better players, and was also involved there the previous season when they only just missed automatics.

6’1” so tall for a full back as well - would help as far as set pieces go
    Did you watch many of MKD's full games, or are you basing your opinion on stats, or something else?
    Stats, and MK fan opinions.
  • RC_CAFC said:
    Genuine question: If he is a brilliant young centre back that they really value highly. Why would Udinese think, “I know who we’ll send him to, that random side in League One in England without a manager who have started the season really badly.”
    Udinese and Watford owners are the same so not completely random, I guess they think he’s better than what we’ve got so he’ll get game time 
  • I guess Watford also get to see how he copes in English football 
  • edited August 2023
    Would hope Watson is fit enough to go straight into the team against Crawley in the pizza trophy next week. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Pearce may not have been a great footballer, but he is undoubtedly was and is a leader.
    Leader I'll give you but he wasn't some sort of defensive organisational mastermind that some make out.  
  • Nice one @Callumcafc you're always quick to giving a bit of background info on the linked players with stats and why we may be linked, it's appreciated 

Sounds as if he had championship interest then, so it's not exactly a desperation signing, especially as he was already on our radar..
  • supaclive said:
    Six weeks...??!
    Oh yes, he's FREE!
    If you had interest from Championship clubs, why would you sign a contract with a mid table League One club as soon as they put a contract in front of you? Just because he’s out of contract doesn’t mean he’s forced to sign immediately with anyone…

As far as I’m concerned, it looks as if Watson was the #1 target all along as that aligns 100% with what Scott said about waiting for the players they actually want, rather than just taking what’s available.
    This is January all over again @Callumcafc and I'm said to say my arguments were proven then too.

These owners have no cash, no plan that will work and sadly no amazing plan that will see us rush up the League anytime soon.

• Another player who needs to build up match fitness before he’s anywhere near enough to start. When will this recruitment method end? 
    To be honest I’d rather sign the best player possible, they can get up to fitness later
  • PWADDICK said:
    Another player who needs to build up match fitness before he’s anywhere near enough to start. When will this recruitment method end? 
    To be honest I’d rather sign the best player possible, they can get up to fitness later
    Yep via a few injuries.
  • supaclive said:
    supaclive said:
    Six weeks...??!
    Oh yes, he's FREE!
    If you had interest from Championship clubs, why would you sign a contract with a mid table League One club as soon as they put a contract in front of you? Just because he’s out of contract doesn’t mean he’s forced to sign immediately with anyone…

As far as I’m concerned, it looks as if Watson was the #1 target all along as that aligns 100% with what Scott said about waiting for the players they actually want, rather than just taking what’s available.
    This is January all over again @Callumcafc and I'm said to say my arguments were proven then too.

These owners have no cash, no plan that will work and sadly no amazing plan that will see us rush up the League anytime soon.

You were proven right in January - but let’s give it a couple of months at least until you can claim you’re right about blokes that haven’t even signed for the club yet.
  • supaclive said:
    supaclive said:
    Six weeks...??!
    Oh yes, he's FREE!

You were proven right in January - but let’s give it a couple of months at least until you can claim you’re right about blokes that haven’t even signed for the club yet.
    I WILL try.  But!!

I'm very much under on the whelmometer currently!
  • Sponsored links:

• It’s been quite clear for a while that there isn’t mountains of money to spend on overhauling the squad so I don’t understand when folks get so irate about the situation.
  • AndyG said:
    Swisdom said:
    sam3110 said:
    Nombe at £1m when we already paid for May wasn't going to happen. 

Time will tell if it turns out to be a good deal for him, disappointed we decided he wasn't worth it, but pointless debating that now
    WE didn't pay for May, a sponsor did apparently.

I'm interested to know where this has come from.

I seem to recall people being 100% sure the previous shirt sponsor paid the £300k to Thomas Sandgaard to help him with finance the training ground renovation but, seeing as that is my father I enquired if my inheriatnce had taken a further hit and he confirmed it did not. 

So be careful what you believe.  These stories are often put out with an agenda in mind  
    Exactly this... half of this stuff starts off being born within the deepest depths of some keyboard warriors brain, they post it, someone reposts it and before long its 100% fact lol
    August 27 edited August 27
    Plaaayer said:
    The only reason we stumped what was asked for May is because some money came in from a sponsor partner on the day that he was just about to sign for Bristol Rovers. The owners have put in the bare minimum they have to so anyone thinking we’re signing a top striker on a perm is off their heads. 

We’ll be relying on loans and free from hereon in I would expect unless something major changes. 
    Not doubting you but how reliable is your source on that @Plaaayer ?
    100% mate reliable mate, the money for May did not come from pocket of the new owners. 

Funny nobody picked up Plaaayer on this or called him a keyboard warrior
    Sad-faces GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY
    Because I’d fucking meet them in Makro car park if they want it 
  • Try saying ‘Abankwah’ three times quickly, after a couple of pints 
  • "Yeah he's good, quick, strong, intelligent, able to pass with either foot and dribble out with the ball. He's a CB but is currently playing at RB, he'd be perfect in a 3 at the back system." An Irish view on Abankwah, Clare's replacement?
  • IF we sign Watson & Tedic, we have a very decent 12/13/14 if all fully fit and on form.
    As said by someone else, the trouble is that will likely never happen and we've given most of our intended rivals a head start.