Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Bromley FC / National League Playoffs

Through to the National League playoff semi final for the first time in their history and will play against Chesterfield, a team they beat at home recently, Deji Elerewe got the winner.

Watching with interest. Grew up near Bromley and seen several games their at Hayes Lane when Charlton have played away from home in recentish years.

Comments

• Options
    Grew up in Bromley Common. C'mon the Ravens!
  • Options
    Moved to Bromley a few years back and made them my team on Football Manager, very tempted to go if they make it to Wembley. 
  • Options
    Huskaris said:
    Moved to Bromley a few years back and made them my team on Football Manager, very tempted to go if they make it to Wembley. 
    Only very tempted. 
    How about going along to the half final?

If I lived in Bromley I would be arranging by ticket for all three games now.
  • Options
    They will only have two games, away to Chesterfield and the play off final if they get through.
  • Options
    I used to support Bromley in their Isthmian League days back in the 80s and 90s. Crowds of 200-300 in those days. I thought they played well against Woking and fully deserved their win. I give them a chance of pulling off the three wins needed but Notts County will be a tough one, even though playing the final at Wembley may be a leveller.
  • Options
    Huskaris said:
    Only very tempted. 
    How about going along to the half final?

If I lived in Bromley I would be arranging by ticket for all three games now.
    Well going to Chesterfield away is a bit of a stretch if you're only casually interested in them because you moved to Bromley. And then after that it's the final.
  • Options
    Well let’s hope Bromley win at Chesterfield and progress to Wembley.  
  • Options
    Watched the game on TV in my local last night - probably the only pub in Albufeira majoring on that match - LOL. Thorougly deserved win for the Ravens. Hope they go all the way, though I do appreciate what ROTW says about Notts.    
  • Options
    Bromley born and bred. If they make the final it will mean I will have gone to see them at Wembley 3 times in recent years. Equal to the number of times I have seen Charlton there!

They have Elerwere on loan.but also have our old.boy, James vennings.  Wagstaff was coaching there too, assume he still is?  Plus they have Dennis Bergkamps son playing for them.  The owners have invested a fair amount with a big new stand and sports bar and are looking to make them a sustainable local club. So far with losses of £40K a month (so I was told last night), they have not done the sustainable bit!

Given their history and getting over 100 points I hope Notts County are promoted though...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    R0TW said:
    Be a travesty if Notts County don't go up.
    I agree but they're perennial play off bottlers though. Finished 3rd, 5th and 5th in their seasons down in the NL and never gone up.

Also made the league 2 play offs in 17-18 and lost in the semi's.
  • Options
    Good for Bromley but no way will they get past NC (if they even get that far).
  • Options
    JaShea99 said:
    Good for Bromley but no way will they get past NC (if they even get that far).
    In a one off game anything can happen though. Both league meetings finished 1-1.

All the pressure would be on NC too, given their league record this season.
  • Options
    Bromley born and bred. If they make the final it will mean I will have gone to see them at Wembley 3 times in recent years. Equal to the number of times I have seen Charlton there!

They have Elerwere on loan.but also have our old.boy, James vennings.  Wagstaff was coaching there too, assume he still is?  Plus they have Dennis Bergkamps son playing for them.  The owners have invested a fair amount with a big new stand and sports bar and are looking to make them a sustainable local club. So far with losses of £40K a month (so I was told last night), they have not done the sustainable bit!

Given their history and getting over 100 points I hope Notts County are promoted though...
    Wagstaff is at Tonbridge angels. 

With that kinda spending on the ground and losing 40k a month they surely need to go up either this season or the next unless they have a really good cup run. 
  • Options

With that kinda spending on the ground and losing 40k a month they surely need to go up either this season or the next unless they have a really good cup run. 
    If only there was a successful Bromley cup run in recent memory 
  • Options
     against the grain here but I think Bromley are a horrible scummy little club. I went as a neutral to see them play afc Wimbledon in the play offs years ago. I didn't care who won before the match but the dirty gamesmanship by Bromley made me dislike them. The keeper was giving it to the Wimbledon supporters all match, someone gave it back and the keeper ran to the referee pointing and complaining 

I have also seen them play welling, where their supporters all thought they were Danny dyer

I would be happy to see chesterfield or notts county back in the league, where they belong.
  • Options
    Born in Leicester so no connection to Bromley. Hope they do well though!
  • Options
     against the grain here but I think Bromley are a horrible scummy little club. I went as a neutral to see them play afc Wimbledon in the play offs years ago. I didn't care who won before the match but the dirty gamesmanship by Bromley made me dislike them. The keeper was giving it to the Wimbledon supporters all match, someone gave it back and the keeper ran to the referee pointing and complaining 

I have also seen them play welling, where their supporters all thought they were Danny dyer

I would be happy to see chesterfield or notts county back in the league, where they belong.
    I saw Bromley play Aldershot this season, and there was some laughable aggro between a section of Bromley fans and a section of Aldershot fans, but boys will be boys...
  • Options

Was that the game that the Bromley player (Hall?) Scored the winner from about half way over the head of the Wimbledon keeper after Wimbledon kicked the ball out as they had a player down and Bromley didn't give it back? I was there for that and saw the game very differently. Wimbledon were the big favs and had the money and time wasted and cheated their way through.  When they kicked the ball out so their player could get treatment he was not hurt at all and was just wasting time. I was delighted Bromley didn't give it back.
  • Options
    Leuth said:

If only there was a successful Bromley cup run in recent memory 
    oh yeah forgot about that, I was talking more of a prestigious tournament such as the FA Cup or the London senior cup. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited May 2023
    I will be there supporting my now home town club, Chesterfield, sorry to upset any Bromley fans.

I’ve lived in The town now for eleven years and go to home games quite often. A bad owner caused their demise, thankfully they are now owned in part by a supporters trust and have turned the club around. They have a good and experienced manager in Paul Cook.
    For information there are some very good pubs in Chesterfield. Best if you go to the Town centre ones (about a mile away from the ground ) as the ones nearer the ground get very full.
  • Options
    Woking scored against the run of play and whilst they improved a bit, Bromley deserved the win.
  • Options
    I will be there supporting my now home town club, Chesterfield, sorry to upset any Bromley fans.

I’ve lived in The town now for eleven years and go to home games quite often. A bad owner caused their demise, thankfully they are now owned in part by a supporters trust and have turned the club around. They have a good and experienced manager in Paul Cook.
    For information there are some very good pubs in Chesterfield. Best if you go to the Town centre ones (about a mile away from the ground ) as the ones nearer the ground get very full.

Always had many good pubs in Chesterfield. Good pubs re ale pub up by the church,or was when Wright-Phillips got his 3 goals.
  • Options
    Bromley being in the playoffs is insane. Getting into the Conference South was crazy enough.
  • Options
    R0TW said:
    I agree but they're perennial play off bottlers though. Finished 3rd, 5th and 5th in their seasons down in the NL and never gone up.

True Chris but this is a better squad and hitting 107 points is fantastic and obviously the most points ever and not to get promoted when it's not a closed shop.
    Notts County definitely deserve promotion but in football and life you don't always get what you deserve.
  • Options
    R0TW said:

True Chris but this is a better squad and hitting 107 points is fantastic and obviously the most points ever and not to get promoted when it's not a closed shop.
    Notts County definitely deserve promotion but in football and life you don't always get what you deserve.
    The EFL unfortuately will not change, it is a closed shop and turkeys do not vote for Christmas.
    I fully agree that there should be a three up down policy.
  • Options
    edited May 2023
    one of my good mates cousin plays for for Bromley 

Billy Bingham 

i have agreed that if they get to wembley ill go along with him. 

on the flip side my cousin lives 3 doors down from there ground and moans about the crowds at this level. 

scarily if they did do it they are 1 league below us!!!!
  • Options
    I used to support Bromley in their Isthmian League days back in the 80s and 90s. Crowds of 200-300 in those days. I thought they played well against Woking and fully deserved their win. I give them a chance of pulling off the three wins needed but Notts County will be a tough one, even though playing the final at Wembley may be a leveller.

A very progressive club and for that I hope they get promoted, not because they were my local team, but nice to see ambition and money being used well.
    A shame that should they go up they will have to rip up the plastic pitch.
    Other countries in the top divisions stage football on plastic pitches, a shame we cannot implement that here, if only that League 2 can have that surface.
  • Options
    edited May 2023
    Notts C 0 Boreham Wood 2 HT. It's on BT 1.
  • Options
    Notts C 0 Borehamwood 2 HT. It's on BT 1.
    Wow