Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Comments

• Options
    Good news, I was impressed with him on Tuesday. Anyone with that amount of pace will cause problems for the opposition if the rest of their game is half decent.
  • Options
    Good to see 
  • Options
    Not heard that name before, congratulations Henry 
  • Options
    Henry got the first CAST inspired Steve Clarke award for an up and coming player.
  • Options
    Very good news. Henry made his first team debut in November at the age of 16 and is going to be one of the next generation to break through. A very promising player.
  • Options
    Very decent prospect and great to see him signing on with us. Now Casey and Kone to follow please 👍🏼
  • Options
    Was also impressed with him on Tuesday night when he came on. Great pace. 
  • Options
    Just for AFKA

https://www.castrust.org/2022/05/henry-rylah-wins-the-steve-clarke-award/

This year's winner to be announced very shortly
  • Options
    edited May 2023
    AMB, Ness, Leaburn, Elerwere, Mitchell, Campbell is an excellent 6 to start our squad next season.

Great to see Rylah added to our youth players to sign a contract in recent years and I wish him all the best.  Lots of pace but can cross well sounds like a seriously good mix for a winger.  He was already on 10 goals for the U18's by mid Jan, not kept up since but clearly has an eye for goal.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Is he left or right footed?
  • Options
    I think predominantly right footed, but I am not absolutely certain.
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    Lovely be making his debut on the left then 
  • Options
    Swisdom said:
    He's a very very exciting player.  Genuinely quick and has a few tricks up his sleeve - a real talent indeed, just got to hope he stays on the straight and narrow and continues to develop.  

a 3 years deal is also really good news
    ‘Hope he stays on the straight and narrow’ is an odd thing to say, any reason to think he won’t?
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    So I expect him to play on the left 🙄.
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    Being left footed but playing on the right works very well for JRS.
  • Options
    He came on in ET on Tuesday and from memory played on the right as a conventional winger
  • Options
    Our own Yamal
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    seth plum said:
    And Salah, Saka, Grealish, Rashford...

It's like these elite level managers don't have anything like the wisdom of Charltonlife.  
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Scoham said:
    seth plum said:

It's like these elite level managers don't have anything like the wisdom of Charltonlife.  
    Hopefully next season we play a simple 4-4-2 that the players understand, it worked for Ipswich and Plymouth.
  • Options
    👍
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Scoham said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Scoham said:
    seth plum said:

Hopefully next season we play a simple 4-4-2 that the players understand, it worked for Ipswich and Plymouth.
    Totally disagree, we need to go 235, that's how we won the FA Cup.  We haven't won anything since, makes you think doesn't it? 
    Personally I want to see proper football in a 1-1-8. England kept a clean sheet with it, proves it’s strong at both ends of the pitch.
  • Options
    The burst of pace v Haringey was awesome. Up the slope too....
  • Options
    Swisdom said:
    Swisdom said:
    He's a very very exciting player.  Genuinely quick and has a few tricks up his sleeve - a real talent indeed, just got to hope he stays on the straight and narrow and continues to develop.  

a 3 years deal is also really good news
    ‘Hope he stays on the straight and narrow’ is an odd thing to say, any reason to think he won’t?
    No nothing in the statement at all.  If he continues to listen to his coaches and continues to develop he has the potential to be a hell of a player
    Fair enough but saying ‘straight and narrow’ makes it sound like he was in with a bad crowd, been in trouble etc etc.
  • Options
    Is it just me, or has he bulked up a bit since last year?
  • Options
    aliwibble said:
    At 16 or 17 (however old he is but in that range)  he will still be growing so it would be surprising if he hadn't got bigger over the last year.
  • Options
    aliwibble said:
    I’d be the last to suggest you have bulked up aliwibble