Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Cheltenham Town vs Charlton Athletic | Sunday 7th May 2023 - 12noon KO | Match Preview

2»

Comments

• Options
    Cheers @Sage... thanks for your support with the midweek games.

It'll be interesting to see who the Seventh sub will be, we've both selected Rylah, yet my reasoning was down to his recent Contract.

There will be others more Senior in the U21s equally hoping for the spot
    With the new contract and showing he’s been training with the first team, he’s also the only other winger we have available that could be considered away from Rak-Sakyi and Campbell, it would make sense to include him.
  • Options
    wmcf123 said:
    Sage said:
    Well done @ForeverAddickted on the consistent performances this season, even picking up my slack!

As much as Henry would be the obvious choice to play instead of Dobson, I wouldn’t be surprised to see Mitchell start in the defensive midfield role. It allows us to drop to a 5 if we really need to, and he has the ability to play in that midfield role. In fact, his stature (how he plays and moves) is very similar to Dobson and could be just what we need in his absence.

I think with Clare out, Egbo comes in, it’s only right when he is a right back and is our player.

With this in mind, I would like to see…

Maynard-Brewer
    Egbo - Inniss - Hector - Sessegnon
    Mitchell
    Morgan - Fraser
    Rak-Sakyi - Leaburn - Campbell

Wollacott, Kane, Thomas, Henry, Payne, Rylah, Kanu
    Yes, I think that would be what I might go for too. Maybe Thomas instead of Inniss. Wollacott might deserve a game for showing he is a team player too.
    5 or 6 of that 11 won’t be here next season .  Back to the drawing board.
    Who are the 5 or 6? I think there may be 4 from that 11, two of which are on loan.
  • Options
    Two teams ........ two words ....... who cares.

Last up is Cheltenham and we haven't been at the races this season BUT every game has to matter. 
    It's been heavy going and we've been handicapped by Sandgaard's quirky ownership which meant we had no chance as soon as we set off on this 46 obstacle course. 
    Take the blinkers off, we need Stayers and the youngsters Ness, Leaburn, AMB, Mitchell, Kanu, Campbell, Deji etc need to stay in this stable while developing along with some older horses for courses which hopefully we can bring in as we are all fed up being Also-rans. Let's thank the Donkeys but sell them to Blackpool as we have stalled badly. 
    Dean Holden is a decent trainer and give him the whip hand and we may just have players with a good turn of foot that can be in contention this time next season when the finishing post comes into view.

A favourable draw today will be good going considering we are still entered into a seller's market.
  • Options
  • Options
    Karoy Anderson has travelled, that’s great news. Classy midfielder. One of my friends is friends with Karoy’s brother. Good lad.
  • Options
    Sage said:
    Well done @ForeverAddickted on the consistent performances this season, even picking up my slack!

As much as Henry would be the obvious choice to play instead of Dobson, I wouldn’t be surprised to see Mitchell start in the defensive midfield role. It allows us to drop to a 5 if we really need to, and he has the ability to play in that midfield role. In fact, his stature (how he plays and moves) is very similar to Dobson and could be just what we need in his absence.

I think with Clare out, Egbo comes in, it’s only right when he is a right back and is our player.

With this in mind, I would like to see…

Maynard-Brewer
    Egbo - Inniss - Hector - Sessegnon
    Mitchell
    Morgan - Fraser
    Rak-Sakyi - Leaburn - Campbell

Wollacott, Kane, Thomas, Henry, Payne, Rylah, Kanu
    That would be my team as well 

The only change I could see happening is Kane at RB if Holden is thinking of signing him. Holden hasn't sent him back, unlike Kilkenny and Penney 
  • Options

• Options
    Really surprised we have no Inniss, after being a mainstay under Holden, minus the suspensions, I’m very surprised he’s been left out. That must be the end of his time at the club now.
  • Options
    Club are saying Inniss not risked as if he were to be sent off, he gets an extended ban at the start of next season. Which is true and even if he doesn’t play for us, that’s a ban for whoever he does play for. Still surprised he’s not been involved as a sending off on the last day is less likely than a yellow, even with Inniss’ record.
  • Options
    Match thread is up...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Inniss and Dobson left out in case of suspension start of next season … Holden just said 
    11 academy players in the 17 
  • Options
    Sage said:
    Really surprised we have no Inniss, after being a mainstay under Holden, minus the suspensions, I’m very surprised he’s been left out. That must be the end of his time at the club now.
    Holden just said same reason as Dobson , risk of long suspension start of next season so that tells you Inniss is staying 
  • Options
    Thanks to all involved in both the previews (and the match threads) . There's only so much lipstick you can put on this particular pig of a season but a blooming good effort anyway.
  • Options
    Mixed emotions reading the last preview, top work as always but also, it means the season is finally over. 

cheers!
  • Options
    Sage said:
    Club are saying Inniss not risked as if he were to be sent off, he gets an extended ban at the start of next season. Which is true and even if he doesn’t play for us, that’s a ban for whoever he does play for. Still surprised he’s not been involved as a sending off on the last day is less likely than a yellow, even with Inniss’ record.
    Quite a sad state of affairs if you don't play a centre back in a dead rubber, because he might struggle to avoid getting a red card!

Crikes...I do hope that is some PR spin.
  • Options
    If Inniss is being left out in case of red card, it must mean he is going to be with us next season or else why would you care 🤔