Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

premiership sides to crash and burn

Who do you want to see come a real cropper in the premiership this year? These are my three to get their just deserts:
Man City - because it's Sven; because of the bloke who has bought it; because for some reason Citeh always get more press coverage than they merit (pals on the papers); and because they've spent £40m on players the manager has only seen on video!
West Ham - never had anything against them before last season, but that left a bad taste; and the iceman's spending and the ridiculous wages they are paying to average footballers should get what it deserves
third choice is quite hard - would love to see Chelski unravel but I think I'll go for Middlesbrough (sorry Luke) just because I am really bored with them. They spend big, achieve little and have never been a team you want to watch with any joy

Comments

• Options
    think I'll go for Middlesbrough (sorry Luke) just because I am really bored with them. They spend big, achieve little and have never been a team you want to watch with any joy

They did win the League cup a season or two back and made the final of the UEFA cup, other than that I agree.
  • Options
    Going to be the same old story.

The three that go up will struggle and highly likely that two of them go back down.

I think the other place will be taken by Fulham.

(or at least i bloody hope so as jogging past their ground most mornings pees me off that they are in the prem and we aren't)
  • Options
    Birmingham, Derby and Wigan will drop.

Bolton would be decent odds as an outside bet
  • Options
    I'd love to see Tottenham come crashing down along with chelski and West Ham. I'm not predicting these sides to go down obviously but I hope they fall flat on their faces with money.
  • Options
    boro with out Viduka could be in big trouble IMHO..
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: razil[/cite]boro with out Viduka could be in big trouble IMHO..

a few like that spring to mind, i would include bolt-on in that without big sam!
  • Options
    I'm surprised no one has mentioned Reading....Don't know if I want to see them come unstuck, but feel that having lost Sidwell and that 1st season surprise has gone, that they may well struggle this season
  • Options
    Everyone says about West Ham, but isn't their net spending this summer only about £4m ?

he's brought in £17m from Reo-Cocker, Konch and Beniyoum alone.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]Everyone says about West Ham, but isn't their net spending this summer only about £4m ?

he's brought in £17m from Reo-Cocker, Konch and Beniyoum alone.

I thought it was less than that.... £2m ish
  • Options
    Great management by Curbs if he had enough dosh or got some good business partners he could be our new chariman !!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    well he hasn't stopped spending since he joined, and then there are the 60k wages to consider..
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    "I would love it if" Newcastle dropped like a stone and Wham, Spurs, Mancity.. likely candidates look like Reading, boro, bolton, Everton, fulham, and the promoted teams.
  • Options
    Reading - have not signed anyone that I know of and sold their best player.

Fulham - their time has to come flirted for too many years with the drop

derby or bolton

birmingham and sunderland for me will finish comfotable - derby has much as I hate to say - got family that are ST holders up there - i think will struggle don't think they have enough firepower.
  • Options
    Christ Chaps...

Why has no one mentioned Wigan? A manager with little or no experience, counting on Hesky to score the goals and Bramble to stop them the other end.

They're doomed.
  • Options
    Hope Reading keep it together. I think they're resisting the temptation to take it to the next level with 'big' signings and seem content to pick up Championship players and promote youth (Curbs biggest failing). Of the teams i hope go down City and West ham are the top two.

S.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: T[/cite]Christ Chaps...

Why has no one mentioned Wigan? A manager with little or no experience, counting on Hesky to score the goals and Bramble to stop them the other end.

They're doomed.

yeah but he has bought well
  • Options
    Liverpool, Arsenal and Chelsea.

Man Utd would be funny too, but I don't dislike them as much as the others.

Don't hate any of the rest, not enough vitriol left after despising the first three. Other than Spurs and Everton, the others are just like us (albeit with an over-inflated opinion of themselves in some cases - Citeh, Toon etc) - their fans are generally local, and they continue to follow their clubs, despite being disappointed more often than elated.
  • Options
    i think fulham deserve to go down for sacking coleman in the manner they did. we wont give you any money...we'll make you sell your good players....and expect you to maintain us midtable.
    love west ham to drop like a stone....as i would boro...for some reason ive always hated them.
  • Options
    I'm pretty sure that Derby will struggle but Fulham, Wigan, Reading and maybe Bolton and 'Boro might be in a fight at the bottom with the other promoted clubs.

My local underground bookie is expecting to make a killing with the Thais betting on Man City. I think they'll struggle at first but will improve as the season goes on.
  • Options
    Cheats should never be allowed to prosper.

It will be justice if West Scam go down.........
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ledge Knows[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: T[/cite]Christ Chaps...

They're doomed.

yeah but he has bought well

I'm not sure that he has - people like Melchiot aren't going to keep you up and that manager's "previous" with Bradford was a disaster. I agree with T, I think Wigan are doomed and I shall be putting my money where my mouth is at lunchtime!
  • Options
    Yeah, Wigan, Derby and one of Fulham or Birmingham for me. Birmingham seem to have done what we did last year and buy a bunch of journeyman mercenaries. Would like to see Wet Spam struggle, can't realistically see them in the bottom 3 though. I think Sunderland will do a Reading next year, Reading will have a tougher time this year and be just above the drop with Boro.
  • Options
    West Ham won't finish outside the top half, let alone near the bottom chaps.
  • Options
    dunno not convinced by sunderland they mdont have much upfront. i know chopra scored a lot last year but is he really any better than a 10-a-season prem striker?
  • Options
    I think Wigan have had it. Realistically would like to see 'Boro and Fulham go with them. Ideally West Ham would get what's coming to them and go down but unfortunately can't see it happening.

I've a hunch Roy Keane will keep Sunderland in the division. The guy's just a born winner.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]West Ham won't finish outside the top half, let alone near the bottom chaps.

you fancy a bet on that, they will be near the bottom imo! Pint????
  • Options
    i might too particularly with their injury problems/prone players spammers may be in a bit of trouble.. I think they badly need another good striker
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: MCS[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]West Ham won't finish outside the top half, let alone near the bottom chaps.

you fancy a bet on that, they will be near the bottom imo! Pint????

Pint it is then dude jockey :-)

they will finish top half. In fact, think they will finish top 8, but i'm not betting on that.

I was right in saying they will stay up
  • Options
    AFKA's right.
    Even without Tevez, West Ham now have a very useful team.
    Ashton will score plenty and they'll finish somewhere around 10th
  • Options
    The thread was about who you wanted to come a cropper, not who will. So I stick with my three. Don't think I will be troubling the bookies with a bet though...