Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Jeff stelling

Take a bow Jeff,,  soccer Saturday will never be the same

Comments

• Options
    I don't believe Jeff's 68.
  • Options
    Have they announced who's taking over, and is it the younger guy that does the weekday stuff a lot?
  • Options
    meldrew66 said:
    He was perfect in his role. Had the privilege to meet him in Manchester when I was a contestant on Alphabetical; an ITV game show he hosted for 2 seasons. He was personable, sympathised with me and all Charlton fans about the chaotic ownership and our demise from the Premier League days. Came across as genuine and likeable behind the scenes as well as in front of the camera and had a friendly word with all us contestants. 
    That’s great to hear.
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    It's amazing isn't it a show that was designed as a stage for Best and Marsh ended up as the " Jeff Stelling show".  It will never be the same again.ne

But then it's stable mate soccer AM, that was meant to be a travel news, ticket news type show became what it became, both finished on the same weekend.

I was lucky enough to be on the former and behind the scenes on the latter.

Lucky boy/girl - 2 great shows to have been involved in. No doubt you found Jeff to be a genuine, likeable guy too?
  • Options
    Billyboy said:
    Take a bow Jeff,,  soccer Saturday will never be the same
    Hasn't been the same since Nicholas, Thompson and Le Tissier left.
  • Options
    You mean it's better now?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    It's amazing isn't it a show that was designed as a stage for Best and Marsh ended up as the " Jeff Stelling show".  It will never be the same again.

But then it's stable mate soccer AM, that was meant to be a travel news, ticket news type show became what it became, both finished on the same weekend.

Never realised that about both Soccer Saturday and Soccer AM

How did you end up being on Soccer Saturday?
  • Options
    Good bye Jeff, I will miss you.
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    It's amazing isn't it a show that was designed as a stage for Best and Marsh ended up as the " Jeff Stelling show".  It will never be the same again.

Sorry I put them the wrong way round, I was on Soccer AM and saw behind the scenes on soccer Saturday after.

Bestie was rat arsed. 
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:

Sorry I put them the wrong way round, I was on Soccer AM and saw behind the scenes on soccer Saturday after.

Bestie was rat arsed. 
    Jeff Stelling's book about Soccer Saturday had a few stories about Best in there

Apparently there was one Saturday where he was supposed to be part of the panel and disappeared... they managed to get a replacement in, but they went looking for him after the show and found him in the pub
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:

Bestie was rat arsed. 
    Jeff Stelling's book about Soccer Saturday had a few stories about Best in there

Apparently there was one Saturday where he was supposed to be part of the panel and disappeared... they managed to get a replacement in, but they went looking for him after the show and found him in the pub
    Going back a step the original point of Soccer Saturday was to fill a "dead" time in the schedule with Best, Marsh and friends doing their toned down after dinner speal mixed in with the goals.  They never had all the roving reporters and the like.

The original Soccer AM was, I think Tony Gale, talking about road works on the M1 near Walsall and train cancellations on the ECML.  I think it was only about an hour. 
  • Options
    A real star. He'll be missed.
  • Options
    He's got a place near us, mate bumped into him the other week, said he was as lovely as you imagine he would be.   
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    My friend at work is Stelling’s nephew. The same guy’s dad is Jason Pearce’s agent. Not sure if the dad and Stelling were brothers. I could just ask and maybe make this anecdote mildly more interesting. 
    can’t wait for the update 
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:

He was a soccerette.