Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

1 Bed Flat for sale in Sanderstead, CR2

After 12.5 years in Western Australia, I've decided that I'm not coming back. Well, not unless we make a Play-off Final! :p

I've kept the place running over that period of time just in case things didn't work out 'Down Under'. Yes, I had a bolt hole!  B)

With that decision made it will be going on to the market in the not-too-distant future. Selling a property when you're overseas certainly has some challenges, not least trying to find a solicitor that has the capability of dealing with Expats. Snail mail won't do, and I can't just swing by the office to sign stuff! I honestly thought there was a gap in the market, but after much searching and a dozen conversations with various solicitors in the Surrey area I've found one that appears to have good reviews, has the ability to field queries remotely and the conveyancing can be managed through a secure portal. Well done my legal friends, welcome to 2023! :D

I will post the property details on here once it goes to market just in case anyone is interested. A nice little 1 bed flat that has had all the major stuff done, such as installing gas central heating. It also has 957 years left on the lease. Downside is it's in a stripey nigel area! You can't have it all though. ;)

Cheers all.

Sideways

Comments

• Options
    After 12.5 years in Western Australia, I've decided that I'm not coming back. Well, not unless we make a Play-off Final! :p

I've kept the place running over that period of time just in case things didn't work out 'Down Under'. Yes, I had a bolt hole!  B)

With that decision made it will be going on to the market in the not-too-distant future. Selling a property when you're overseas certainly has some challenges, not least trying to find a solicitor that has the capability of dealing with Expats. Snail mail won't do, and I can't just swing by the office to sign stuff! I honestly thought there was a gap in the market, but after much searching and a dozen conversations with various solicitors in the Surrey area I've found one that appears to have good reviews, has the ability to field queries remotely and the conveyancing can be managed through a secure portal. Well done my legal friends, welcome to 2023! :D

I will post the property details on here once it goes to market just in case anyone is interested. A nice little 1 bed flat that has had all the major stuff done, such as installing gas central heating. It also has 957 years left on the lease. Downside is it's in a stripey nigel area! You can't have it all though. ;)

Cheers all.

Sideways
    I hope it all goes through easy for you.
    If you need to find another solicitor I can recommend Marsons in Bromley.   I have used them three times in property purchases and sales.
  • Options
    When you are converting the proceeds to AUD drop me a message. I work for moneycorp (albeit it in the corporate area) but you will definitely get a better exchange rate with us than your bank. 
  • Options
    AML could be fun. 
  • Options
    I knew a girl from Sanderstead once, but she was Miss Sanderstead !!! 
  • Options
    Good luck hope all goes well.
  • Options
    When we bought a place in the UK last year we stupidly assumed as the solicitor and agent were both aware that we lived in Portugal that the final paperwork could be done digitally. Imagine our surprise when they asked on Monday had we posted the signed papers ready for exchange on Friday... :D  (post is taking at least three weeks these days).

Luckily we managed to find flights for €10 each way and did it in person.

Best of luck, Sideways.    
  • Options

Cheers all.

Sideways
    As promised.

https://www.rightmove.co.uk/properties/135662774#/?channel=RES_BUY
  • Options
    Looks a good little flat for someone, decent lease/service charge etc, good luck with the sale.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Why no pictures of the inside?
  • Options
    Oh. Got it. Just read the blurb. 
  • Options
    Pictures of the inside being taken next week once it's empty. 
  • Options
    Rob7Lee said:
    Looks a good little flat for someone, decent lease/service charge etc, good luck with the sale.
    Thanks. I was certainly happy there. I'm leaving all the white goods etc. and have already completed the paperwork to the solicitor to say that it's all included in the price.

There seems to be demand, given the number of viewings scheduled for next week, for 1 bed flats given the rental shortage. Fingers crossed I get a sale quickly.
  • Options
    Good luck mate. 
  • Options
    Rob7Lee said:
    Thanks. I was certainly happy there. I'm leaving all the white goods etc. and have already completed the paperwork to the solicitor to say that it's all included in the price.

There seems to be demand, given the number of viewings scheduled for next week, for 1 bed flats given the rental shortage. Fingers crossed I get a sale quickly.
    Looks the perfect 1 bed flat to be honest if you are in the market in that area, must tick every box even a garage. I wouldn't be surprised if it sells next week for at least the asking as seems a sensible price.
  • Options
    Rob said:
    Why no pictures of the inside?
    Internal photos have now been taken.

Link for ease is:

https://www.rightmove.co.uk/properties/135662774#/?channel=RES_BUY
  • Options
    It's been a month and only 2 viewings with no offers. The estate agent is saying the market is tough and even harder after the latest rate hike by the Bank of England. Other than listing it on Rightmove (1 bedroom flat for sale in Wettern Close, Sanderstead, South Croydon, CR2 0NT, CR2 (rightmove.co.uk)) I'm not getting very much back from the bloke and trying to manage the process from the other side of the world is a bit difficult! My main complaint I guess is he doesn't seem to be very proactive. Does anyone have any recommendations on another estate agent that they have had dealings with in the Croydon / South Croydon area that they would be happy to recommend? Any guidance is appreciated. Thanks in advance.
  • Options
    It's been a month and only 2 viewings with no offers. The estate agent is saying the market is tough and even harder after the latest rate hike by the Bank of England. Other than listing it on Rightmove (1 bedroom flat for sale in Wettern Close, Sanderstead, South Croydon, CR2 0NT, CR2 (rightmove.co.uk)) I'm not getting very much back from the bloke and trying to manage the process from the other side of the world is a bit difficult! My main complaint I guess is he doesn't seem to be very proactive. Does anyone have any recommendations on another estate agent that they have had dealings with in the Croydon / South Croydon area that they would be happy to recommend? Any guidance is appreciated. Thanks in advance.
    My flat has been on the market since April and i've had 3 viewings. Think it's just a shocking time to sell. Been here 5 years in September and it's currently on the market for less than I bought it for.
  • Options
    Sorry to hear that @Pelling1993. Appreciate the heads-up. I obviously need to be more patient.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Dhould you go sole agency, you can still have one more agent to use and not have a dual agency rate.
    That aside, Mann and Co were very good when I sold a property in 2017.
    Best of luck.
  • Options
    Dhould you go sole agency, you can still have one more agent to use and not have a dual agency rate.
    Best of luck.
    You had a very good removal team as well 👏 
  • Options
    Best of luck.
    Thanks @ElfsborgAddick. Would that be these guys?

https://www.manncountrywide.co.uk/branch/estate-agents/croydon#/
  • Options
    Best of luck.

Yes mate, I used the Beckenham branch, I do not like Estate Agents but tbf these were good.
  • Options
    Best of luck.

Yes mate, I used the Beckenham branch, I do not like Estate Agents but tbf these were good.
    Thanks for the recommendation mate. I'll contact them. 👍🏻
  • Options
    Best of luck.

Thanks for the recommendation mate. I'll contact them. 👍🏻
    I'll pm you.
  • Options
    It's a very tough and flat market right now with very few buyers at the lower end of the range,

It might be worth considering letting again and holding on for a year or two until interest rates drop and first time buyers return as very few are around due to mortgage rates/cost. 
  • Options
    Best of luck.

You should speak with Eddie Youds.!
  • Options
    edited July 2023
    Best of luck.

You should speak with Eddie Youds.!
    He works at the Beckenham branch of Langford Russell, I'd often see him in the South spoons.  A top geezer is Eddie.
  • Options
    edited July 2023