Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Minor car bodywork repairs.

Can anybody recommend a good car bodywork business in South East London that doesn’t sneer at minor repairs?

Comments

• Options
    If it’s only small, Chips Away do a decent job
  • Options
    Thanks. Do you know if they are affordable, I went to a body shop in Hither Green and the guy there quoted £220 which seemed pretty high to me.
    Then again the price is the price I suppose.
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    Thanks. Do you know if they are affordable, I went to a body shop in Hither Green and the guy there quoted £220 which seemed pretty high to me.
    The small dent I had they were reasonable in comparison to the usual workshops and they come to you to do it.  Just ask for a quote.  They will ask you to send a photo of the damaged area, you can use e-mail and they will likely give you a price from the photo.     
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    To be fair, £220 isn’t too bad a price for body repairs, especially if it involves painting. Chips away sorted a couple of non dents in mine that didn’t involve paint and from memory charged about £120.
  • Options
    I used AM Repairs in Welling last year to repair wing and door damage. Were really helpful and thought they were fairly priced. Ended there by accident as was intending to visit Deans Body Repairs which is nearby and had also been told they were good. 
  • Options
    I can recommend Westfield Crash Repairs in Charlton - three minutes from the ground.
    https://www.westfieldcrashrepairsltd.co.uk/. Just turn up and ask for Dave. He will give you a quote in minutes. I have always found them to be very reasonably priced and they do a first rate job.
  • Options
    Any price is going to be related to time and their effective day rate / ability to do any more jobs that day. I doubt a repair is less than a couple of hours work plus materials. If you also compare to what a typical excess would be on an insurance policy it doesn’t feel a million miles off. 
  • Options
    Car paint is about £75 a litre, makes a big difference if the affected area is a while panel. 
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    To be fair, £220 isn’t too bad a price for body repairs, especially if it involves painting. Chips away sorted a couple of non dents in mine that didn’t involve paint and from memory charged about £120.
    I can sort out a couple of non dents for you, it will cost £25 if no paint is involved, just send me a cheque (remember them?!).
  • Options
    @seth plum Hi mate. I used a local guy as attached - get a quote from him, did a good job.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I can recommend Westfield Crash Repairs in Charlton - three minutes from the ground.
    https://www.westfieldcrashrepairsltd.co.uk/. Just turn up and ask for Dave. He will give you a quote in minutes. I have always found them to be very reasonably priced and they do a first rate job.
    Went down there this morning and got a good quote from Dave which suited me, thanks.
    Bit of a schlepp to the nearest bus stop when I drop the car off next week mind.
  • Options
    edited June 2023
    mart77 said:
    I used AM Repairs in Welling last year to repair wing and door damage. Were really helpful and thought they were fairly priced. Ended there by accident 
    Obviously!
  • Options
    DC Autos in crayford 

the man is a Jedi 

• Options
    seth plum said:
    Went down there this morning and got a good quote from Dave which suited me, thanks.
    Bit of a schlepp to the nearest bus stop when I drop the car off next week mind.
    Get the train from Charlton to Blackheath & a bus or walk from there or get a bus to Lewisham along the Woolwich Road & another bus from Lewisham.
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    How long is it going to take? If it's only going to take a day you could take some fishing gear & plot up on the river nice way to spend a day 
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    Get the train from Charlton to Blackheath & a bus or walk from there or get a bus to Lewisham along the Woolwich Road & another bus from Lewisham.
    Westfield did a fantastic job replacing the front wing on my Toyota Yaris.

The nearest bus stop is not that far away.

Unfortunately there is no longer a bus from Woolwich Road to Lewisham.
  • Options
    Crusty54 said:
    seth plum said:
    Westfield did a fantastic job replacing the front wing on my Toyota Yaris.

The nearest bus stop is not that far away.

Unfortunately there is no longer a bus from Woolwich Road to Lewisham.
    Thank you, that boosts my confidence. I will manage on buses anyway, since having a bus pass the good old 202 is almost like a personal Uber, combined with the citymapper appliance it is a lot easier to get around on buses than it ever used to be.