Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Nominative determinism

Comments

• Options
    TelMc32 said:
    Worked at Barclays where the top boss on the Investment Bank side was Rich Ricci! 

Most of my time there was in the Professional Services Team where we looked after the top global law firms & The Lord Chief Justice for a time was Judge (Igor) Judge. 
    I was a juror on a three week case at the Old Bailey where Judge Judge presided. 

I thought he was an excellent judge, his summing up, his guidance to us jurors in a complex case and the eventual sentencing were all bang on the money in my book.  I've been summoned for jury service three times and he was the stand out judge by a mile.  
  • Options
    edited June 2023
    At the old GLC on the South Bank back in the early seventies the Head Archivist and his assistant were called Mr Neat and Mr. Tidy.

Not exactly the same but when I was at Uni we had a lad in my year who came from Ware. I never got tired of asking him where he came from and the ensuing round and round Q & A. Fair play to him for not eventually getting the hump. Little things please little minds I suppose.
  • Options
    I went to secondary school with Billy Busdriver but he was run over by a train when he was 14 so I guess we’ll just never know…
  • Options
    If only Ben Duckett had made 0
  • Options
    IdleHans said:
    If only Ben Duckett had made 0
    Or faced a bouncer 
  • Options
    McBobbin said:
    R0TW said:
    Paul Twocock.
    That made me snigger.
    friend has an uncle called "Paul Meacock" which never stopped being funny.
    I remember reading about a couple naming their baby Drew with the surname Peacock.
    This is getting away from the thread, but we had a lad called Chris Peacock who worked for us. He was always known as Chrispy. That tickled a few of the newer staff when he was introduced and one of the girls couldn’t stop laughing/crying when I told he he had a brother called Drew 🤷🏻‍♂️😂
  • Options

• Options

• Sponsored links:

• Options

• Options
    Taught a horticultural course by a Valerie Shrubb
  • Options
    I taught one boy with the surname Nurse who became a …nurse and a lad called Constable whose father was a constable. 
    East Riding council used to have a Mr Skidmore who was in charge of road gritting and snow clearance. Unfortunately he was later moved on to a much less suitable job. 
  • Options
    I taught one boy with the surname Nurse 
    Did his first name begin with P?
  • Options
    Virgil Robbers was a real estate salesman in Wellington.

My hairdresser in Tranquil Vale, Blackheath was Hacker Junior.
  • Options
    I had to change my surname, Enormouscock, because no-one would believe the coincidence.

Or do I mean irony?
  • Options
    I had to change my surname, Enormouscock, because no-one would believe the coincidence.

Or do I mean irony?
    Is your surname Ivor ? 
  • Options
    Christian name?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Christian name?
    Yeah. Sorry. Brain fart 🤦🏻‍♂️
  • Options
    edited June 2023
    There was a rather large chested lady at my work years ago whose surname was Boobier.
  • Options
    Christian name?
    Yeah. Sorry. Brain fart 🤦🏻‍♂️
    Don't be ridiculous.

• Options
    Pepper X has been named as the hottest chilli pepper in the world. I love that the guy who developed it is Ed Currie.

https://www.newscientist.com/article/2398168-pepper-x-the-world-has-a-new-hottest-chilli/
  • Options
    My wife worked with a German gynaecological surgeon called Fanny Kocher
  • Options
    Peter Bone nonce Tory MP suspended for bullying and indecent exposure.
  • Options
    edited October 2023
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    I think it's a bit of a stretch to call him a "nonce", Seth.  
  • Options
    Chizz said:
    seth plum said:
    Yeah you’re right.
    Simply found to be a bully and an indecent exposer, hence the Bone/Boner link.
    I think I got away with calling him a ‘Tory’ though.
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    Chizz said:
    seth plum said:
    Yeah you’re right.
    Simply found to be a bully and an indecent exposer, hence the Bone/Boner link.
    I think I got away with calling him a ‘Tory’ though.
    I think "nonce Tory" is probably the worst insult one can mete out.  And, when it's deserved, it should be used with abandon!