Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

England v Malta

2»

Comments

• Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Why are the city players even on the bench?  

Should have been off until tomorrow morning, what's the point of dragging them out there?  Hardly likely to have to bring them on to win are we? 
    From what I can tell, they seem happy to be there. This is England, not a side quest for prem players. You join the squad, you travel, you’ll prob play Monday.
  • Options
    You watch Trent play like this and you don't wonder why he is playing in midfield now, but how he was ever a "right back" in the first place. 
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    You watch Trent play like this and you don't wonder why he is playing in midfield now, but how he was ever a "right back" in the first place. 
    Gareth Bale was once a left back, sometimes it takes a while for the obvious switch to happen
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Gareth Bale was once a left back, sometimes it takes a while for the obvious switch to happen
    Yeah I get that but Bale had a skill set that was suitable to be a left back.  His initial move up the pitch, under Harry, was to get him on the ball in more advanced positions, not that he couldn't play left back.  A bit like we did with Doughty.

I am not saying Trent is shit at right back but I think Southgate has been justified not picking him there and I think his skill set is much better suited to a midfield role.
  • Options
    Remember Southgate tried him there against Hungary and he was awful, but can forgive that considering the whole team were on the beach.
  • Options
    Maguire…
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    Maguire…
    Whats he done now? 
  • Options
    Foden so far playing like someone who has been busy celebrating a treble. God knows what Grealish would be like 🤣 
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    Maguire…
    Whats he done now? 
    Wasn’t a massive thing, he was just really lazy in possession and have it away to a Malta player.

I’m watching the Wales match (in Welsh!) instead now, far more exciting!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Hold on... is that stat even true. When the crap commentators finish sucking off Palace- 18 Palace players have been picked for England? Err what? That doesn't sound right surely he means players who played for Palace at some point have been picked for England surely.
  • Options
    edited June 2023
    This second half has been dreadful,
    A lot of unforced errors, second to everything. Everyone looks so slow.
  • Options
    Second half been dull as dish water but job done
  • Options
    That's a terrible call btw no way that's hand ball
  • Options
    never a pen 
  • Options
    That’s a joke 
  • Options
    This referee has been poor - Only a few mins ago gave a FK against Wilson for handball, but had been pushed over 
  • Options
    Can never make my mind up which two play either side of Kane…. But I will say Rashford has been quality. 
  • Options
    Can never make my mind up which two play either side of Kane…. But I will say Rashford has been quality. 
    Rashford, Saka, Maddison, Foden, Grealish all offer something slightly different. We are spoilt for choice.
  • Options
    I'd quite like:

Rice, Bellingham 
    Saka, Foden, Rashford
    Kane

But I can't see Southgate playing as attack minded a player as Foden in the middle 3.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
  • Options
    Hold on... is that stat even true. When the crap commentators finish sucking off Palace- 18 Palace players have been picked for England? Err what? That doesn't sound right surely he means players who played for Palace at some point have been picked for England surely.
    It is 18 players yes - https://www.englandstats.com/club.php?cid=35

Although more than half of the 18 have 2 caps or less.
  • Options
    Ours is 12 - https://www.englandstats.com/club.php?cid=26

Although 9 of the 12 have just 2 caps or less.
  • Options
    It is 18 players yes - https://www.englandstats.com/club.php?cid=35

Although more than half of the 18 have 2 caps or less.
    And 2 were loan players from Chelsea (Gallagher and Loftus-Cheek). I don't remember Andy Johnson playing for England, I assume he role was to fall over in the box and win a penalty!
  • Options
    Zaha shouldn't count either he bottled out of playing for England and switched coz he knew he'd never get selected 
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Lets calm down its malta.