Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Rule Changes

Have there been any for the 07/08 season?

Comments

• Options
    Yep No Smoking in the Ground :-)
  • Options
    Names
    The FA Barclays Premiership is now called the Barclays Premier League. Research with fans and other global stakeholders apparently "showed the need for a single unified identity". The FA bit has been dropped. The division formerly known as the Conference has become the Blue Square Premier after a change of sponsor. The two feeder leagues (formerly Conference North and Conference South) have become Blue Square North and Blue Square South.

TV and radio
    The three-year £1.7bn deal begins this season, meaning Sky Sports are no longer sole guardians of live Premier League football. While they will show 92 games, Setanta will show 46. PremPlus is no more. BT Vision will show delayed "as live" coverage. Full details of who has got what appear on page 65. After 10 years Tim Lovejoy has left Soccer AM. Helen Chamberlain will present this season with Andy Goldstein, with whom she co-presented the All Sports Show. Lovejoy will host Five Live's midweek phone-in 6-0-6.
    Ball

The Premier League's official ball this season is the Nike Total 90 Aerow II, in blue and white. The ball is designed to reduce drag, resulting in better and more consistent flight.

Kits

Names on the back of players' shirts will appear in a new typeface, pictured above. The numbers will incorporate the Premier League's new logo and the letters are spaced more widely in an attempt to make them easier to read. Portsmouth's kits have "cutting-edge technology": a skin-tight under-lining and high-visibility patches.

Anthem

The Premier League's new anthem is called My Saturday Self, by Peter Lawlor. The song, recorded at Abbey Road Studios in London, will be played before each game. Players will then shake hands.

Smoking

Smoking is now not permitted inside Premier League and Football League grounds, a move that goes beyond what it actually required by the government's anti-smoking legislation.
  • Options
    and the ball at the Valley will look like this
  • Options
    Here it is, as seen during Saturdays match...

IMG_9701_1.jpg
  • Options
    WSSWSS
    edited August 2007
    blue and red stripes?!
  • Options
    The standard League ball is Red, White and Blue. The match ball for Championship games is the one I posted.

Each Championship club has the ball in it's colours
  • Options
    So no smoking in the concources? Glad i kicked the fags last year. Feel sorry for those still hooked lol.

S.
  • Options
    Sorry guys I meant rule changes as in the rules of the game, not smoking etc
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Charlton Dan[/cite]Sorry guys I meant rule changes as in the rules of the game, not smoking etc

Surely you have new Rules to follow now Dan being Married & all. Is the Stella allowance reduced & a Curfew been set each week ?
  • Options
    Dan's rules have changed, The ledge has to accompany him to every home game!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Yep. I'm only allowed to drink 6 pints of Carlsberg (birds drink) and not allowed to share a herbal fag with MCS on the walk to the game.

I have also been banned from standing near anyone eating scampi fries
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]blue and red stripes?![/quote]

That isn't blue it's seahawk denim.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Charlton Dan[/cite]Yep. I'm only allowed to drink 6 pints of Carlsberg (birds drink) and not allowed to share a herbal fag with MCS on the walk to the game.

What about anyone who has previously EATEN scampi fries?? My fishy fingered friend?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Carter[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Charlton Dan[/cite]Yep. I'm only allowed to drink 6 pints of Carlsberg (birds drink) and not allowed to share a herbal fag with MCS on the walk to the game.

What about anyone who has previously EATEN scampi fries?? My fishy fingered friend?

That's OK as long as you don't go running round the pub sticking your fingers under peoples noses ;-)
  • Options
    Damn!

Foiled again!!

You won't want to be near me after I've had a breakfast of water, grapes and peanuts then.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Charlton Dan[/cite]Carlsberg (birds drink)

oi!