Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Blackheath now

Comments

• Options
    Run them over
  • Options
    4 vans of OB just walking along with them.
  • Options
    just go round them grass track style. 
  • Options
    just plough through them
  • Options
    They have been in Central London pretty much every day for the last month blocking bridges etc. Bellends.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Why aren't they at work?
  • Options
    edited June 2023
    Macronate said:
    Why aren't they at work?
    university lecturers 
  • Options
    Macronate said:
    Why aren't they at work?

I should think the majority are retired, there were only a few under 40.
  • Options
    shirty5 said:
    No one has tried Canning Town Underground station recently for a protest
    I'd have paid money to seen them protest there on the day of West Ham's Europe celebration.
  • Options
    JiMMy 85 said:
    These people need the police alongside them because they will be assaulted if not, and it's right that the assailants are arrested.  
    That is a matter of opinion, and certainly not mine.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    R0TW said:
    JiMMy 85 said:
    These people need the police alongside them because they will be assaulted if not, and it's right that the assailants are arrested.  
    No. It’s a matter of the law. 
  • Options
    edited June 2023

It takes the people at the top to affect change in this world. And chances are, nobody in that traffic jam is at the top. 
    I heard Billy Smart Junior was stuck in the jam there on the way to Blackheath Circus.
    He'll never make it to the top 
  • Options
    edited June 2023
    I've heard that one of the sniper battalions that was earmarked for post-Brexit Britain has been deployed to Blackheath as they weren't needed for Brexit after all.

It will give them some much needed training to keep match fit.
  • Options
    edited June 2023
    JiMMy 85 said:
    The Tories have worked hard at taking away our right to protest, so I am thankful that we still have the ability to make a stand against things. These people need the police alongside them because they will be assaulted if not, and it's right that the assailants are arrested. Even if we all sympathise with where they are coming from. 

And that's the crux of the JSO protest - the protesters are going after the wrong people. It's like shouting at a 16-year-old McDonald's employee because you don't like the way the company treats cows. Telling me to stop driving, when I am doing everything in my power just to stay afloat in this world, is ridiculous. 

It takes the people at the top to affect change in this world. And chances are, nobody in that traffic jam is at the top. 
    Agree with this. Very supportive of their cause and message. I thought their initial protests were novel and gained massive public attention and public support for the cause (which was surely the aim of them). That then was the opportunity to use that platform to take the protests to government and lobby for real change. Instead they continued on the same tack until more and more members of the public have got pissed off with them and their approach. 

Good message - terrible strategy.
    Saw an interview with one of them pre rugby final at Twickenham and he said they did protest at Shell's offices in London the same week but it got zero coverage. 

Problem they have is they need to inconvenience the average joe for the average joe to know it's happening.
  • Options
    To a certain extent i get that point of view. But once you have a platform and public support its very easy to get official channels to lobby and have direct contact with government. they could have been speaking to actual decision makers (or those working for them) and having actual constructive conversations about how to make it happen, advising on plans etc. Or at least influencing policy proposals for the opposition. 

That ship has sailed now. Too many people have written them off as looneys and unemployed etc etc. that government is quite comfortable in ignoring them.
  • Options
    R0TW said:
    JiMMy 85 said:
    No. It’s a matter of the law. 

Which shows the law is an ass.
  • Options
    Macronate said:
    Why aren't they at work?
    Probably off with stress/bad back type reasons. 
  • Options
    Hard for anyone to disagree with the end goal but these methods are just driving some in the opposite direction. That said these people have a right to protest and I absolutely believe in that right and hopefully that won't be diminished any further. It's also sad to see so many people advocating violence towards other human beings just because they don't agree with something they are doing. It's just a depressing time all round really. 
  • Options
    If anybody has thought about it and concluded climate change is a big problem and oil a big contributor about which something should be done, and they change their mind to believe the opposite because of some protestors they are pathetic.