Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Cocktails - What’s Your Fave?

2»

Comments

• Options
    Bbc.
    Miami vice
  • Options
    Pina Colada
    Expresso Martini
    Aperol Spritz
    Sex on the beach

• Options
    Margarita but not one of those slush puppy kids drinks. Plenty of salt in and around the glass. 
    We went to the the Bermondsey Gin distillery a couple of weeks back for a chat and tour. At the end they made us all a martini each, stirred not shaken and a lemon peel wafted over it and not in it. Apparently that’s the proper way to mix one. I was 3 parts pissed by then but it did taste good. 
  • Options
    Anything long and refreshing during the day, preferably on a sunbed. Pre-dinner in the evening I always kick off with a Rusty Nail.
  • Options
    Negroni with a purified ice cube always makes me feel like a Don.
    A Vera Phil is always a good pre dinner drink too.
  • Options
    On hot days:
    Queen's Park Swizzle
    Miami Vice
    Port In A Storm
    Painkiller
    Sgroppino
    Stone Fence

On middling days:
    White Lady
    Clover Club
    Corpse Reviver No. 2
    Last Word
    El Diablo
    Picanté
    Torreador
    New York Sour
    Mai Tai

On cold days:
    Boulevardier
    Vieux Carré
    Rum Old Fashioned
    Old Pal
    Harvard
    Revolver
    Mezcal Margarita (also known as a Oaxacan Margarita) 
  • Options
    No idea.
    Snowball?

• Options
    Mojito
    Espresso Martini
    White Russian
  • Options
    Caribbean Stallion.

Its a shot of tequila, and a shot of coconut rum, and one of crème de menff. Then you want a smidgeon, just a smidgeon, of Campari, wiv just the merest suggestion of Angostura bitters. Right, you top that up with fresh grapefruit juice. And you shake it. Do not stir. Pour that slowly over broken ice, garnish wiv a slice of orange, slice of lime, your occasional seasonal fruits, top that off wiv a decorative plastic umbrella, two translucent straws, and wolla
  • Options
    Caribbean Stallion.

Its a shot of tequila, and a shot of coconut rum, and one of crème de menff. Then you want a smidgeon, just a smidgeon, of Campari, wiv just the merest suggestion of Angostura bitters. Right, you top that up with fresh grapefruit juice. And you shake it. Do not stir. Pour that slowly over broken ice, garnish wiv a slice of orange, slice of lime, your occasional seasonal fruits, top that off wiv a decorative plastic umbrella, two translucent straws, and wolla
    Good on yer, Del-Boy!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Long Island Iced Tea. I wasted way too much money and time in the Long Island Iced Tea Shop in Central London when I worked there.

I’m also partial to a Zombie and proper Gin and Tonic with cucumber and not lemon.

I also like a proper spicy Bloody Mary with an extra dash of Tabasco and a shake of Cayenne pepper.
  • Options
    edited June 2023
    Negroni: the master

Whiskey Sour: The American Bar at The Savoy, 30 years ago. The best cocktail I've ever had the pleasure of drinking

Vodka Martini: stirred, not shaken, with a twist

Champagne cocktail: Champagne, brandy, demerara sugar cube enfused with Angustora bitters and no more than a dash of Cointreau.
    Christmas only

Forgot a Bloody Mary, but I consider that more of a snack than a cocktail.
  • Options
    So, just on this page we have established that :   

@clb74 likes a BBC

and

@O_Andy_Hunt is partial to a Caribbean Stallion

• Options
    Caribbean Stallion.

Brilliant 🤣🤣.

• Options
    Espresso Martini, Cassis Bellini, proper champagne cocktail with brandy, brown sugar and angostura bitters.
  • Options
    Anything long and refreshing during the day, preferably on a sunbed. Pre-dinner in the evening I always kick off with a Rusty Nail.

• Options
    Great thread 

I have a fairly hard whip line on cocktails. If you want something full of syrup and cubes of sugar, you want a blue WKD not a cocktail. Save your pennies and go for one of them instead of an expensive but ultimately pointless colourful glass of shit 

A well made long island iced tea is a thing of beauty, always diet coke as normal coke totally overpowers and masks the league of flavours and the refreshing sour cut of the lime 

Bloody Mary, agree with whoever said they see these as a snack, they are a perfect meal substitute, load it up with a stalk of celery, tons of pepper and tobacco and Worcester sauce, babylon awaits 

Pina Colada. This is the breakfast of cocktails, 3 of these are plenty, the key to these is a slice of pineapple as opposed to pineapple juice and a fast and loose approach to the rum content 

Dirty martini, gorgeous 

Aperol spritz, keep this simple. Heavy slug of aperol, heavier slug of ice cold prosecco and a dash of sparkling water then ice to fill the goblet, thin slice of orange, Ray ban aviators on and a cotton shirt open to the naval 

Honorable mentions to the vodka martini, flaming zombie, car bomb, caiprinha, Cuba libre and the simple gin and slim, simplicity is the key here, hendricks or dockyard plain gin, Schweppes slimline  ice and a slice of cucumber. None of this flavoured gin bullshit 
  • Options
    edited July 2023
    Must confess , i did get to try some 'Blue Lagoon' after the Welling game, not quite sure what to make of it, reminded me a bit of that blue toilet Duck, but a bit sweeter :)

Duck - Marine Toilet Deep Action Gel Liquid Cleaner 750ml
  • Options
    Kids..dont try the toilet duck...
  • Options
    edited July 2023
    Pina Colada no question, Amaretto and Coke a close second if I wanna keep it simple 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited July 2023
    Large Campari and lemonade, on the rocks, tall glass, slice of orange!
    Just the ticket for a hot summer day….perfect accompaniment for sun lounger avec parasol.
    Speedos optional. 😎

• Options
    Long Island Iced Tea
    Blue lagoon
    Mojito

Freedom, a special cocktail which I think is largely blue Curacao, spirits and orange juice served at Ole Kyiv in Chislehurst, lovely. A cocktail in Ukrainian colours basically. 
  • Options
    I'm more of a beer man myself, but a mini-Guinness is good fun.
  • Options
    Carter said:
    Great thread 

I have a fairly hard whip line on cocktails. If you want something full of syrup and cubes of sugar, you want a blue WKD not a cocktail. Save your pennies and go for one of them instead of an expensive but ultimately pointless colourful glass of shit 

A well made long island iced tea is a thing of beauty, always diet coke as normal coke totally overpowers and masks the league of flavours and the refreshing sour cut of the lime 

Bloody Mary, agree with whoever said they see these as a snack, they are a perfect meal substitute, load it up with a stalk of celery, tons of pepper and tobacco and Worcester sauce, babylon awaits 

Pina Colada. This is the breakfast of cocktails, 3 of these are plenty, the key to these is a slice of pineapple as opposed to pineapple juice and a fast and loose approach to the rum content 

Dirty martini, gorgeous 

Aperol spritz, keep this simple. Heavy slug of aperol, heavier slug of ice cold prosecco and a dash of sparkling water then ice to fill the goblet, thin slice of orange, Ray ban aviators on and a cotton shirt open to the naval 

Honorable mentions to the vodka martini, flaming zombie, car bomb, caiprinha, Cuba libre and the simple gin and slim, simplicity is the key here, hendricks or dockyard plain gin, Schweppes slimline  ice and a slice of cucumber. None of this flavoured gin bullshit 
    No medallion or St Christopher?
  • Options
    iaitch said:
    Carter said:
    Great thread 

Dirty martini, gorgeous 

No medallion or St Christopher?
    Get caught in the chest thatch