Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Club World Cup 2025 (32 teams)

FIFA announce that a 32 team Club World Cup will take place in the USA in 2025.

12 of the 32 sides will be European, including all UEFA Champions League winners since 2021 and others based on rankings.

Comments

• Options
    Hate fifa
  • Options
    If it was based on current rankings it would be:

Man City
    Man United
    Liverpool
    Chelsea
    Bayern Munich
    PSG
    Real Madrid
    Barcelona
    Sevilla
    Inter Milan 
    Juventus
    Roma

• Options
    I like the idea of Flamengo v Inter etc but we already have too much football. 

Same with golf having too many events. F1 and MotoGP do. The cricket schedule is hectic. NBA will be cutting their schedule. 

I think in sport less is more, or at least it should be.

Got to keep those corporate sponsors happy though.
  • Options
    edited June 2023
    A good few teams have already Qualified - 2025 FIFA Club World Cup - Wikipedia

Guess with it being in the United States, and a year before the World Cup, its basically going to be a replacement for the Confederations Cup
  • Options
    edited June 2023
    sam3110 said:
    If it was based on current rankings it would be:

Man City
    Man United
    Liverpool
    Chelsea
    Bayern Munich
    PSG
    Real Madrid
    Barcelona
    Sevilla
    Inter Milan 
    Juventus
    Roma

Those 3 have already qualified as previous winners so whatever their ranking it won't matter.
  • Options

Guess with it being in the United States, and a year before the World Cup, its basically going to be a replacement for the Confederations Cup
    So because City and Chelsea have already qualified the only way United and Liverpool can qualify is if they win the Champions league next year, or have I miss read that? 
  • Options
    Trying to keep the super League teams happy. 
  • Options
    RedPanda said:
    I like the idea of Flamengo v Inter etc but we already have too much football. 

Same with golf having too many events. F1 and MotoGP do. The cricket schedule is hectic. NBA will be cutting their schedule. 

I think in sport less is more, or at least it should be.

Got to keep those corporate sponsors happy though.
    My thoughts entirely. No consideration for the players or fans. Just a money making venture.
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:

So because City and Chelsea have already qualified the only way United and Liverpool can qualify is if they win the Champions league next year, or have I miss read that? 
    Looks like Liverpool will qualify as one of UEFA's best teams... Man Utd are currently on the limit

UEFA 5-year Club Ranking 2025 (kassiesa.net) 

(Depending how reliable this website is)
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:

Looks like Liverpool will qualify as one of UEFA's best teams... Man Utd are currently on the limit

But it says two per federation and City and Chelsea quality automatically 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:

But it says two per federation and City and Chelsea quality automatically 
    Cheers... Didnt see that
  • Options
    The 'let's include Saudi Arabia because money' tournament. 
  • Options
    Will moan about it for two years then end up watching most of it.
    Too busy trying to get tickets for the 2023 Club World Cup. 
  • Options
    Super league by the back door 
  • Options
    I think we're going to struggle to qualify
  • Options
    When will this be played? If it’s in the summer then it’s not much different to the shifty tournaments or tours these clubs do anyway. For example, Chelsea have 5 games in the US this summer.