Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Mystery football kits

Having a look at these for my son who is obsessed with all things football atm, just wondered if anyone on here had purchased from them or a similar company and ifso, what did you end up with ?

https://www.mysterykits.co.uk

Comments

• Options
    Probably end up with a Palace shirt knowing my luck!
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    Probably end up with a Palace shirt knowing my luck!
    You can specify teams and leagues to avoid, so in the notes you can put, "No Palace, no Millwall, no Estonian 3rd Division" or whatever 
  • Options
    Men's shirt less VAT £29.15. Kids' shirt, which is zero rated £29.99 So they are actually charging more for the smaller shirt. lol.
  • Options
    shine166 said:
    Having a look at these for my son who is obsessed with all things football atm, just wondered if anyone on here had purchased from them or a similar company and ifso, what did you end up with ?

I have a friend who has ordered 3 times, got some team in India I don’t remember, an early 2000s Fiorentina kit which was really nice and then Lechia Gdańsk 
  • Options
    Foxycafc said:
    Please, please just ask the kid what he’d like, or do some detective work. I promise you, you’ll never get anything good in a mystery box. I could go on for hours about how these companies work as a collector and seller myself, but I’ll keep it short and sweet

These companies buy shirts in tonne bags from Poland and Tunisia. Anything over £25 they’ll sell, anything under will be put in the ‘mystery box pile’. Often they’ll buy last years shirts from discount websites for the cheaper teams (Palace, Everton, Southampton, non top6 in the bundesliga) which you could buy yourself for cheaper than the box

Every 100 boxes or so, they’ll put in something actually worth the box or more. They’ll lose money on this one box, but the receiver will tweet out thanking them, which they can then retweet. The nicer shirts are obviously the ones they will use in their promotional work too.

Don’t even get me started on the multitude of fake shirts that unless you’re a bit into football shirts, you might not know are fake that are shoved into most mystery boxes

let me put it this way, you will NEVER get something worth the boxes value. Often some boxes will put in a load of tat. The more tat, the lesser the value of the shirt, obviously.

so please, just ask your kid, before he ends up with a PSV Eindhoven shirt from last year, or an early 2000s Kaiserslautern ‘banger’ worth 2.50 in a charity shop
    Cheers for the feedback, not that fussed about getting £30 worth of kit... I pay £50 a shirt for Charlton ones that are £15 months later. It's more about learning about new teams... he's obsessed with flags etc so its more of an extension of that. 
  • Options
    shine166 said:
    Foxycafc said:
    Please, please just ask the kid what he’d like, or do some detective work. I promise you, you’ll never get anything good in a mystery box. I could go on for hours about how these companies work as a collector and seller myself, but I’ll keep it short and sweet

These companies buy shirts in tonne bags from Poland and Tunisia. Anything over £25 they’ll sell, anything under will be put in the ‘mystery box pile’. Often they’ll buy last years shirts from discount websites for the cheaper teams (Palace, Everton, Southampton, non top6 in the bundesliga) which you could buy yourself for cheaper than the box

Every 100 boxes or so, they’ll put in something actually worth the box or more. They’ll lose money on this one box, but the receiver will tweet out thanking them, which they can then retweet. The nicer shirts are obviously the ones they will use in their promotional work too.

Don’t even get me started on the multitude of fake shirts that unless you’re a bit into football shirts, you might not know are fake that are shoved into most mystery boxes

let me put it this way, you will NEVER get something worth the boxes value. Often some boxes will put in a load of tat. The more tat, the lesser the value of the shirt, obviously.

so please, just ask your kid, before he ends up with a PSV Eindhoven shirt from last year, or an early 2000s Kaiserslautern ‘banger’ worth 2.50 in a charity shop
    Cheers for the feedback, not that fussed about getting £30 worth of kit... I pay £50 a shirt for Charlton ones that are £15 months later. It's more about learning about new teams... he's obsessed with flags etc so its more of an extension of that. 
    No problem, learning about slightly obscure teams is actually one of the few things these boxes are alright for 👍
  • Options
    I am waiting for the day @shine166 is commissioned to design our 3rd kit
  • Options
    shine166 said:

I've done it once before and got a nice Werder Bremen shirt. Good bit of fun.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited June 2023
    MrOneLung said:
    I am waiting for the day @shine166 is commissioned to design our 3rd kit
    Funny enough, I was approached to paint a mural for Hummel in Walthamstow when we had our kits made by them, but nothing came of it, was hoping that would be my 'in' with them.
  • Options
    I did it once, got a nice Sevilla home shirt. Happy with it. I specified that I didn't want any UK teams just to offset the risk of getting a Millwall away shirt or something
  • Options
    Never done a mystery box but I do get shirts from Classic Football Shirts - that way I can pick and never get any other English teams or International sides. Sizes are definitely an issue, need to check carefully, have a Korean kit that I had to get as XXXL because in UK size it's equivalent to a large. Get some decent deals on there, I never buy any for more than £25 and have about 20 different ones now.
  • Options
    Lol my missus signed me up for fathers day im the proud owner of Accra great olympic fc away shirt
  • Options
    Here’s mine!