Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Comments

• Options
    Very interesting, thanks for posting!
  • Options
    It was, did you listen to the track?
  • Options
    A huge regret that I never saw them live.
    I listen to them more than any other band.
  • Options
    Thankfully I saw them once in my later life and while Walter was still alive.

The audience was a sea of bald heads and stringy ponytails.
  • Options
    I struck a match against the door of Anthony’s Bar & Grill.
  • Options

including you ?
  • Options
    I dare say the sounds on the tape will be 'enhanced' and released in one form or another
  • Options

including you ?
    😹 No stringy ponytail but I’m definitely thin on top.
  • Options
    It was, did you listen to the track?
    Yes I did, very Steely Dan, unsurprisingly!

https://expandingdan.substack.com/p/second-arrangement-steely-dan-roger-nichols-tape
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Yeah sorry, I had it all the time. Found it in a box along with a few mix tapes & some Barry Manilow LP's. 
  • Options
    edited June 2023
    What a coincidence...
    My wife have discovered 4 DAT tapes of recordings I made around the year 2000.
    One of them may be the only master left of a demo CD that since been lost.
    It contains 3 songs that have completely vanished from my Chordal memory.
    I have no idea which one of the tapes (if any) has that recording as opposed to my usual embarrassments...
    I'm dropping the tapes to a conversion place this morning.
    They charge $66 a tape and won't let me listen before I choose so have to convert all of them.
    Ahh well...

'Vivre la difference'...

Yeah, moving story, very happy for the Roger Nichols family.
    I feel though that this song would have probably  stayed out of the Gaucho album.
    Steely Dan...
    Fagen is an obsessive artist and would have rescued it long ago if he felt like it.
  • Options
    What a coincidence...
    My wife have discovered 4 DAT tapes of recordings I made around the year 2000.
    One of them may be the only master left of a demo CD that since been lost.
    It contains 3 songs that have completely vanished from my Chordal memory.
    I have no idea which one of the tapes (if any) has that recording as opposed to my usual embarrassments...
    I'm dropping the tapes to a conversion place this morning.
    They charge $66 a tape and won't let me listen before I choose so have to convert all of them.
    Ahh well...

'Vivre la difference'...

Yeah, moving story, very happy for the Roger Nichols family.
    I feel though that this song would have probably  stayed out of the Gaucho album.
    Steely Dan...
    Fagen is an obsessive artist and would have rescued it long ago if he felt like it.
    Thanks for reminding me about Gaucho @lennylowrent made a good listen this morning. As well as totally forgetting about, Two Against Nature, which I’m also enjoying at the moment.

• Options
    edited June 2023
    Changing subject slightly, my favourite Little Feat album was always the Electric Lycanthrope bootleg I bought (I think) at Compendium Books in Camden in 1977. Legend had it that it was recorded at the wedding of a friend of the band.
    It's now more widely available (since 2021). They're saying it was recorded at a studio in front of 'a small and intimate assembled studio audience'. 
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:
    Changing subject slightly, my favourite Little Feat album was always the Electric Lycanthrope bootleg I bought (I think) at Compendium Books in Camden in 1977. Legend had it that it was recorded at the wedding of a friend of the band.
    It's now more widely available (since 2021). They're saying it was recorded at a studio in front of 'a small and intimate assembled studio audience'.

https://recordstoreday.com/SpecialRelease/14416
    What has this got to do with the thread topic?

Typical @jamesseed If you're not adding to the discussion then take it somewhere else, now sling yer hook;)