Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Alan Arkin RIP

The veteran US actor and star of several cult favourites has passed at the age of 89. Yossarian in Catch 22 was a particular favourite of mine... 

RIP Alan. 

Comments

• Options
    RIP Alan x
  • Options
    edited July 2023
    Oh no, loved Alan Arkin 

Freebie and the Bean and Catcha 22.

Very sad that he’s passed R I P, I’ll miss your talent, Alan.
  • Options
    Psychiatrist in one of my favourite films "Grosse Point Blank".
  • Options
    RIP. Always in godduns...
  • Options
    Liked him in lesser known films like Argo and Glengarry Glen Ross. Last saw him in the film with Morgan Freeman & Michael Caine as OAP's robbing a bank. 

RIP.
  • Options
    Thought he was great. RIP. 
  • Options
    He was the lead in Escape From Sobibor. A criminally underrated drama about the events at the Sobibor concentration camp in WWII.
    Excellent performance from Arkin. A talented man.

RIP
  • Options
    "Always run, in a serpentine fashion"

Rest in peace 

• Options
    A very talented dramatic and comedy actor, who had a fine career. He was great as the heroin-snorting grandad in ‘Little Miss Sunshine’ and, more recently, in the Netflix series ‘The Kominsky Effect’. RIP
  • Options
    Blucher said:
    A very talented dramatic and comedy actor, who had a fine career. He was great as the heroin-snorting grandad in ‘Little Miss Sunshine’ and, more recently, in the Netflix series ‘The Kominsky Effect’. RIP
    He was great on that 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    A very good character actor who I always enjoyed watching in anything but especially as Yossarin.
  • Options
    Liked him in lesser known films like Argo and Glengarry Glen Ross. Last saw him in the film with Morgan Freeman & Michael Caine as OAP's robbing a bank. 

RIP.
    A fabulous film this, with the most stellar cast of proper actors I can think of. RIP.
  • Options
    Fine actor. RIP
  • Options
    Terrific actor - particularly loved him in The Kominsky Method with Michael Douglas - was a shame when they "killed him off" in the third series but I think he was probably in ill health.  RIP.  
  • Options
    Blucher said:
    Really good in that, and good in Marley and Me too, they're the two I immediately recognised him from.

RIP.
  • Options
    Will you go to lunch

RIP