Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

ENGLAND U21 v PORTUGAL U21 5pm

13»

Comments

• Options
    edited July 2023
    This England youth depth is phenomenal considering Elliot, Madeuke and Skipp come off the bench, Ramsey is injured and Rico Lewis and the Dortmund kid weren’t available for selection. Add that to the low age of the senior team and things are looking very rosy for English football.
    As well as we're doing i was actually thinking there's not many in this team i can see breaking through anytime soon.

Trafford is obviously a promising keeper but we have quite a few solid keepers currently. Pickford isn't 30 yet, Pope is playing for a CL team and Ramsdale is only 25.
    Defensively Colwill will definitely make it and it wouldn't surprise me at all if he gets regular games for Chelsea that he makes the Euro's next summer.
    In midfield Ramsey as he's been consistent for Villa for a while now, but we are pretty stacked with midfielders.
    Smith-Rowe has potential but isn't playing enough for Arsenal.
    Up front/wide maybe Gibbs-White. But with the likes of Saka, Rashford, Foden, Grealish all being quite young i'm not sure where he gets in anytime soon. It's crazy to think that Gibbs-White is actually 2 years older than Saka!

Rico Lewis isn't in the squad but is obviously a great talent but it's not as if we're short of right backs. 

It's a nice problem to have though for sure. I think in recent years there has been criticism that players got full caps after just a handful of PL appearances, but i think now we're at the stage where you have to be exceptional to get a look in.
  • Options
    Funny, but taking anti-England negativity to a whole new level. Unless as a mackem he's just bigging up the BCs?  :D   
  • Options
    edited July 2023
    I missed this, thought it would be played in the evening.
  • Options
    I missed this, thought it would be played in the evening.
    It was... in Georgia.  ;):D
  • Options
    Got pumped 4 nil in the 2009 final too. 
  • Options
    This England youth depth is phenomenal considering Elliot, Madeuke and Skipp come off the bench, Ramsey is injured and Rico Lewis and the Dortmund kid weren’t available for selection. Add that to the low age of the senior team and things are looking very rosy for English football.
    As well as we're doing i was actually thinking there's not many in this team i can see breaking through anytime soon.

Trafford is obviously a promising keeper but we have quite a few solid keepers currently. Pickford isn't 30 yet, Pope is playing for a CL team and Ramsdale is only 25.
    Defensively Colwill will definitely make it and it wouldn't surprise me at all if he gets regular games for Chelsea that he makes the Euro's next summer.
    In midfield Ramsey as he's been consistent for Villa for a while now, but we are pretty stacked with midfielders.
    Smith-Rowe has potential but isn't playing enough for Arsenal.
    Up front/wide maybe Gibbs-White. But with the likes of Saka, Rashford, Foden, Grealish all being quite young i'm not sure where he gets in anytime soon. It's crazy to think that Gibbs-White is actually 2 years older than Saka!

Rico Lewis isn't in the squad but is obviously a great talent but it's not as if we're short of right backs. 

It's a nice problem to have though for sure. I think in recent years there has been criticism that players got full caps after just a handful of PL appearances, but i think now we're at the stage where you have to be exceptional to get a look in.
    I would like to see what Angel Gomes can do for England - He always had that potential @ Man Utd, but left after never getting an opportunity, looks like he might be doing alright for himself in France.

He'd be another alt. option to play alongside Rice instead of Henderson or Phillips in the future.
  • Options
    Channel 4 advertising they are showing the final