Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Happy Thanksgiving!

Or "Independence Day" as they call it. 

Comments

• Options
    Americans always give a bewildered look when I say that. Probably because think July 4th is the day hot dogs were invented 😂 
  • Options
    I like it when Americans are surprised that "they have July the fourth in other countries too". 
  • Options
    Chizz said:
    I like it when Americans are surprised that "they have July the fourth in other countries too". 
    But in other countries it is correctly referred to as the Fourth of July!

I have to sign and date a lot of official US documents and I have to stop and think very carefully (it's probably an age thing) when writing the date!
  • Options
    And one still using the Imperial System.

• Options
    Happy Will Smith Saves Earth Day
  • Options
    This still a thing??
  • Options
    Never understood English pleasure with July 4th...im still sore we lost! 
  • Options
    WHAddick said:
    It is classed as a lucky escape mate!

(Al Murray)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    WHAddick said:
    Got to let it go George.

It's a shame for them really. Imagine if they didn't have such a vast slave trade which lead to a serious division in their country, nevermind the ease to own a gun and not forgetting their uptight religious shite. They've done well even with all those problems plus others. Could of stuck with us and done better but they were always gonna go it alone.
  • Options
    WHAddick said:
    Its the wrong date, they declared independence on the 2nd July; and we’re not a nation to say no to any excuse for a party or celebration if somebody else wants to organise one though personally I prefer all the religious ones we celebrate these days because you get decent food at those