Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

+++ Alfie May - signs on a 2 year deal + 1year option (p4) +++

Comments

• Options
    Funny to think that a load of us were worrying about May not signing when we were the team he had his heart set on, funny. Not that I was ever worried, I knew we would get him over the line..

Can we also class Tommy Rowe as 'an alright bloke'. Skied it to send us to Wembley and give many of us two of the most memorable days as an Addick AND got in the Gaffers ear about May and vice versa
    Even funnier that those who like to think they are in the know were telling us that Holden didn’t even want Alfie.
    Double bluff, Large.
  • Options
    Offered to take penalties and free kicks around opposition penalty box
  • Options
    I don’t think he himself has come out and said he’s a Charlton fan? 

Was at Millwall maybe a fan of them and only here as a dastardly plan from them, to have the enemy within?
  • Options
    Funny to think that a load of us were worrying about May not signing when we were the team he had his heart set on, funny. Not that I was ever worried, I knew we would get him over the line..

Can we also class Tommy Rowe as 'an alright bloke'. Skied it to send us to Wembley and give many of us two of the most memorable days as an Addick AND got in the Gaffers ear about May and vice versa
    Even funnier that those who like to think they are in the know were telling us that Holden didn’t even want Alfie.
    I just thought anyone saying that was taking a strong doss of copeium incase he didn't sign. Any manager that wouldn't want one of the most potent strikers in the league when we lacked (still do) senior strikers just wouldn't be a decent manager 
  • Options

I just thought anyone saying that was taking a strong doss of copeium incase he didn't sign. Any manager that wouldn't want one of the most potent strikers in the league when we lacked (still do) senior strikers just wouldn't be a decent manager 
    disagree because they were arguing he wanted a different type of striker. 
  • Options

I think it's more of the case he would love to have the money to sign better quality of player his a decent signing but he's not championship level
    As to go up we need 5 or 6 at that level 
  • Options

Was at Millwall maybe a fan of them and only here as a dastardly plan from them, to have the enemy within?
    He came to The Valley with his dad as a young kid before joining Millwall (he said in the interview).
    So a fan, but perhaps not a massive fan.
  • Options

He came to The Valley with his dad as a young kid before joining Millwall (he said in the interview).
    So a fan, but perhaps not a massive fan.
    He's a Charlton player that makes him one of us & he will go all out for us regardless of his background 
    One good thing about him he always gives 100% just what we need 
  • Options

disagree because they were arguing he wanted a different type of striker. 
    One that didn't score goals presumably ?
  • Options

Sounds like a plan 😉
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Seem to recall him being a Liverpool fan at school, but one who preferred playing the game, rather than supporting a team in a die hard manner
  • Options
    edited July 2023
    Think the family are West Ham fans 
  • Options
    He does seem very determined to make his mark this season hopefully that mindset will lead to alot of goals. I have a feeling that if he gets off to a good start in terms off of the mark scoring wise we could be in for a good tally for the season
  • Options
    Proper striker, we haven't had one since Wright Phillips and i think May is better...
  • Options
    Redhenry said:
    Proper striker, we haven't had one since Wright Phillips and i think May is better...
    May certainly has a hunger, attitude and workrate that we never saw from BWP.

• Options
    edited July 2023
    It’s a shame because I think that Stockley would maybe have done  well in a 2 with May, much like how he was decent with Washington.
  • Options
    I don’t care that it was a tap in today, he’s just what we’ve been missing, someone in the right place at the right time.
  • Options
    Redhenry said:
    Lyle Taylor 
  • Options
    I don’t care that it was a tap in today, he’s just what we’ve been missing, someone in the right place at the right time.
    Is that what qualifies for tap in now?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited July 2023
    We had a similar situation come up after he had been taken off, that if he had been on the pitch he would have scored, that wasn’t taken, I think he’s going to be a good signing, just hope he wasn’t taken off as he’s picked up a knock, as we are light on strikers at the moment?
  • Options
    We had a similar situation come up after he had been take, that if he had been on the pitch he would have scored, that wasn’t taken, I think he’s going to be a good signing, just hope he wasn’t taken off as he’s picked up a knock, as we are light on strikers at the moment?
    Yeah some of those chances would have been tap ins - But the effort he scored wasnt.

Imagine he was taken off, as it was his first pre-season game of the season so got just 45mins.

The rest of the squad have played 60mins now.
  • Options
    Redhenry said:
    Lyle Taylor 
    Kag final season.
  • Options
    Any thoughts on how long until full Charltonisation kicks in with him and he won't be able to hit a barn door?
  • Options
    Redhenry said:

Bradley WP was a finisher//poacher, but to me he came across as lazy.  From what I saw of May in the goals from last season clip he appears to have bags of energy.
  • Options
    Redhenry said:

Bradley WP was a finisher//poacher, but to me he came across as lazy.  From what I saw of May in the goals from last season clip he appears to have bags of energy.
    A Simon Church/Conor Washington who can finish?
  • Options
    Redhenry said:

Then you missed most of his first season. As time went on yes he became seemingly lazy
  • Options
    Redhenry said:
    Lyle Taylor 
    I understand why some want to airbrush him from history, but up until he did the dirty on us Taylor was mustard for us and both a "proper" striker and talisman. I don't think there's really any arguing otherwise.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Redhenry said:

Then you missed most of his first season. As time went on yes he became seemingly lazy

No I didn't, I attended the vast majority of it.