Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

+++ Alfie May - signs on a 2 year deal + 1year option (p4) +++

Comments

• Options
    I am used to our player of the season not being around the following year, but losing the top 3 (plus CBT who would’ve been in the top 3 if he’d stayed) would be a dubious record. 
  • Options
    I am used to our player of the season not being around the following year, but losing the top 3 (plus CBT who would’ve been in the top 3 if he’d stayed) would be a dubious record. 
    Add to the fact that we haven’t really replaced the player of the season from the previous year either…
  • Options
    Plaaayer said:
    I got LOL’d for it after the last game of the season but I was being genuine. Jones doesn’t believe he does enough during games and told as much after Wycombe, I just don’t think he rates him. 

One thing is for certain, if we don’t get off to a good start this season it’s going to be a stick to beat Jones with, without a doubt for many. 
    I think you clearly called it right, but what worries me is its not obvious to me what more is “enough” from a striker. Curbs praised May under both Holden and Appleton for doing his best when played in various roles that didnt obviously best suit him. It looks to me worrying like a clash of personalities. We can’t afford such clashes, not at this level.

I just don’t like fundamentalism in any kind of management. But I’m just speculating and hope to be proved completely wrong. 
  • Options
    Cawley saying his wife is from Yorkshire and has moved back there. He’s going. I love South London but have also made that move and it’s a no brainer.

Sadly, I’m not quite on footballer’s wages. 
    This is all @Swisdom the shit neighbours fault.

Did he organise a BBQ or a Games Night? Did he mow their half of the front lawn? Did he drop by a homemade family size lasagne?  Did he f***. Bet he didn’t even throw May Jnr’s ball back when it went over the fence.

:-) 

To be honest his front lawn is currently in need of some TLC but there's nobody there to do it - it's really not a good look for our little row of houses

But to confirm - in the immortal words of Shaggy....It wasn't me!

This is between Alfie and the club
  • Options

Alfie spotted in the video from today’s training.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Ive not had a ST for a few seasons now due to the mismanagement of our club, Jones management style and the way he turned us around last season persuaded me to get one this season.
     If it’s true that May is going then I’ll keep my dough in my pocket, so it looks like another season watching on the firestick FFS.
  • Options
    Greenie said:
    Ive not had a ST for a few seasons now due to the mismanagement of our club, Jones management style and the way he turned us around last season persuaded me to get one this season.
     If it’s true that May is going then I’ll keep my dough in my pocket, so it looks like another season watching on the firestick FFS.
    So your decision to buy a season ticket is down to whether one player is sold or not !!?? 
  • Options
    If he sells Alfie and builds a genuine promotion challenging side Jones will be a genius. If he sells him and we're not challenging this season he'll be a clown.
    that's basically it in a nutshell
  • Options
    Jones:

“If keeping Alfie is the best thing for this football club then that is what will happen.”

“If for any reason Alfie May leaves this football club then we must have players that will come into the squad that make this football club significantly better.

- if we don’t get promoted that’s going to come back to haunt him. The club just needs to be honest around May’s personal life and stop pretending this a footballing decision. 

• Options
    Cawley saying his wife is from Yorkshire and has moved back there. He’s going. I love South London but have also made that move and it’s a no brainer.

Sadly, I’m not quite on footballer’s wages. 
    This is all @Swisdom the shit neighbours fault.

Did he organise a BBQ or a Games Night? Did he mow their half of the front lawn? Did he drop by a homemade family size lasagne?  Did he f***. Bet he didn’t even throw May Jnr’s ball back when it went over the fence.

:-) 

May jr scores with every shot. The ball doesn't go over the fence.

• Options
    If his wife and kids have moved back to Yorkshire then I wouldn’t blame Alfie one iota for wanting to join them. Into the equation will be a probable increase in wages and a signing on fee. For him and his family it’s a no brainer.

I personally wouldn’t beat the Club with a stick over this. It’s obvious he’s not Nathan’s type of player, we get a decent fee, we don’t have an unhappy player moping around and we can get in two replacements with said fee.

Its not ideal but it is what it is.
    Deflection tactic for these clowns.

I hope Alfie got a life changing contract.  Top player and a very likeable fella.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    If this is true, utterly, utterly ridiculous 

I got pelters last night for my comments re the fan event and my ‘seen it all before’ etc comments 

Well, here we go 

Replacement will have to be stunning …..
    You'll be proved right Grandad  :)
  • Options
    If he sells Alfie and builds a genuine promotion challenging side Jones will be a genius. If he sells him and we're not challenging this season he'll be a clown.
    And out of a job.
  • Options
    Minutes per non-penalty goal for the top 10 scorers in the league last season:

Alfie May: 204
    Colby Bishop: 273
    Devante Cole: 200
    Jamie Reid: 213
    Chris Martin: 159
    Mark Harris: 244
    Sam Smith: 205
    Jordan Rhodes: 190
    Sam Hoskins: 241
    Ephron Mason-Clarke: 258
  • Options
    Croydon said:
    Minutes per non-penalty goal for the top 10 scorers in the league last season:

Alfie May: 204
    Colby Bishop: 273
    Devante Cole: 200
    Jamie Reid: 213
    Chris Martin: 159
    Mark Harris: 244
    Sam Smith: 205
    Jordan Rhodes: 190
    Sam Hoskins: 241
    Ephron Mason-Clarke: 258
    Ah excellent. We're onto the 'he only scores tap ins and penalties' part of the discourse already. 

Olympic level mental gymnastics.

All so predictable how this unfolds next season.
  • Options
    mart77 said:
    Said it before, will say it again - 

Jones doesn't like Alfie in a footballing sense that was clear when he came in. He has to live and die by his decisions.

If we are in promotion mix come next may no one will be talking about Alfie.

If not Jones faces some serious questions.

But if i was Jones id rather fail through my own methods than fail trying to shoehorn a player I don't like in to the squad.
    Yes they will and they will continue to do so unless we go up. Anything but promotion this season and the decision to sell will be examined on here for months and years to come!
    Make it make sense at least ? Id love alfie to stay but we had him last season, we didnt go up. This idea that its a 100% cert that we will go up if keep alfie is nonsense. 

As long as we can see steady progression and we are pushing for promotion its a positive, this idea we have some god given right to be a championship team has to stop.