Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

How many countries represented on Charlton Life?

Comments

• Options
    Czech Republic of course. And I’m a citizen of same, btw.

28 for me.
  • Options
    TelMc32 said:
    Living in SE London, representing Ireland.  I’ll stick with my user name & say 32.

@stockportaddick lovely town Tavira. Stayed there a few years ago when Ireland played Gibraltar who were staging their home games at the Faro stadium.  Irish bar down on the river side laid on coaches & tickets for the game for us.  Got Gib again this tournament & heading over in October, although I couldn’t get a villa in Tavira this time. 
    By coincidence I was in the Irish bar (Black Anchor) last night. Tavira is a lovely place to live.
  • Options
    California, USA
    Regarding the number of countries, depends on how long it goes on for. A bit like how long is a piece of string really. 
  • Options
    Rob said:
    California, USA
    Regarding the number of countries, depends on how long it goes on for. A bit like how long is a piece of string really. 
    Normally 76cm
  • Options
    1905 said:
    23, France or to be more precise la Charente-Maritime!
    Anywhere near Jonzac?
    Not too far, Ile d’Oléron.
  • Options
    1905 said:
    23, France or to be more precise la Charente-Maritime!
    Anywhere near Jonzac?
    Not too far, Ile d’Oléron.
    How jealous have you made me on a Sunday morning???

Very chic and sophisticated (but enough about me).

For the moment, Northern Ireland, I'd guess 37 (I'm going to find out if Ernest in Ukraine is a fan, so might add another).
  • Options
    England.
  • Options
  • Options
    Still only 16 so far but I'm sure there are quite a lot more who haven't written on this thread.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Let it run till the end of the month is my suggestion as some only login sporadically. 
  • Options
    Born, Kibbutz Reim Israel, came to Perth WA in 1993 via 8 years in Streatham. An accidental  Selhurst Addick
  • Options
    Where are all you Aussies
    Whinging about cricket probably 
  • Options
    TELTEL
    edited July 2023
    I'm in exile does that count? 
  • Options
    I'm in Sydney, been here for 18 months but  heading back to London after Christmas. 

One of the top three cities in the world, shame you're coming back.   The lure of Alfie May I suppose.
    Is it? One of the most expensive for sure. Probably voted by holiday makers then. 

The gloss of Sydney and Australia has worn off for me. 
  • Options
    cafcfan said:
    TimAddick said:
    Where are all you Aussies
    probably too busy cheating at cricket ;) 
    Melbourne Australia. Lived here for 60yrs.
    Addick since Aug 1954.

love you guys really ;) i'm just bitter you have better weather than us 
    That's a myth put about to help them get the Olympics. Last year Sydney had over 2.5 metres of rain.  That's over twice what Manchester gets. And four times the total for Essex.  
    Lol. Yes but it all came down in one go..  I had a river in my garden that probably hadn't happened in 100 years. The weather here generally is one that is envied in Europe. A winters day today, not a cloud to be seen and 19c
  • Options
    France, another in La Charente Maritime. (St Fort sur Gironde). Supporter since 1956
  • Options
    I'm sure the mods can help out with a definitive figure, they know where people log in from.
  • Options
    Some people might be logging on from holidays though?
  • Options
    Berlin
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    My late Father was on CL, and he was in the Army, and did a tour in Belize if you want to include that (horrendous place he told me !!)
  • Options
    Ireland.
  • Options
    Czech Republic of course. And I’m a citizen of same, btw.

28 for me.
    Isn’t it Czechia, or something like that, now?
  • Options
    My late Father was on CL, and he was in the Army, and did a tour in Belize if you want to include that (horrendous place he told me !!)
    Andy Hunt has his holiday business there, so it can’t be too bad.
  • Options
    Andy Hunt has his holiday business there, so it can’t be too bad.
    Correct - but being on an Army base, rather than a nice hotel in the jungle are worlds apart - Dad was not the sort of person to enjoy a country like Belize - mind you, because his unit were there to provide vehicle maintenance, he didn’t have to go out patrolling the jungle, as that doesn’t look very nice at all judging by the photos !!!
  • Options
    I'm sure the mods can help out with a definitive figure, they know where people log in from.
    Nah. Too many using VPNs to access the live streams 😆
  • Options
    TEL said:
    I'm in Sydney, been here for 18 months but  heading back to London after Christmas. 

One of the top three cities in the world, shame you're coming back.   The lure of Alfie May I suppose.
    Is it? One of the most expensive for sure. Probably voted by holiday makers then. 

Have not spoken to anybody that has been to Oz and not said anything other than having had a fantastic time.
  • Options
    TEL said:

Have not spoken to anybody that has been to Oz and not said anything other than having had a fantastic time.
    Sydney has deservedly found itself in the top 3 or 4 favourite cities in the world.
    For me San Fransisco is tops, then London, then Sydney.
    San Sebastian in the Basque Country is also top drawer.
  • Options
    My brother in County Cavan Ireland, he gets to games when he visits. 
  • Options
    My brother in County Cavan Ireland, he gets to games when he visits. 
    Whereabouts?
    Our Dad was from Ballyjamesduff, Mum from Bailieboro. Still have loads of family there.