Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Anyone been to the Silverstone Museum?

Trying to plan for school holiday days out, one of my boys loves F1 (he’ll be 13) but not sure whether they’ll be enough there for his age group or whether it’s firmly aimed at adults. 

Grateful for any feedback 

Comments

• Options
    I haven’t but have heard it’s really good, would like to go.
  • Options
    Brooklands Museum is closer, you can sit in an F1 car that runs as a simulator and for just an extra £6 you can go and sit on Concorde too…
  • Options
    edited July 2023
    Trying to plan for school holiday days out, one of my boys loves F1 (he’ll be 13) but not sure whether they’ll be enough there for his age group or whether it’s firmly aimed at adults. 

Grateful for any feedback 
    Yes, he’ll love it. Just down the road from me took my then 9 yr old daughter she had before that no interest but enjoyed the visit and there was plenty of interactivity for kids. 

Took a couple of hours for us, she left saying she’d love to see a race one day and felt she got something out of it 

the staff are fantastic, and will give you a nod if there’s any testing you can sometimes get a vantage of.

over at the Hilton garden in there’s a massive shop on the ground floor and in the lobby of the hotel a f1 show car - well worth a look and only just further down the road 
  • Options
    Fumbluff said:
    Brooklands Museum is closer, you can sit in an F1 car that runs as a simulator and for just an extra £6 you can go and sit on Concorde too…

Another shout for Brooklands..... love wandering around there and whiling away an afternoon. Great place.
  • Options
    Thanks @Jon_CAFC_ really helpful 

Cheers for the other shouts guys 

• Options
    If you go to Brooklands on a Saturday you can do the parkrun 1st which takes place on parts of the original track
  • Options
    Went to Silverstone on Tuesday, would really recommend. Spent 3hrs+ in the museum, loads of interactive stuff for kids but also lots for adults too. 

Glad we went 
  • Options
    edited August 2023
    Fumbluff said:

Another shout for Brooklands..... love wandering around there and whiling away an afternoon. Great place.
    @AFKABartram, if you haven't done it, Mercedes World at Brooklands is worth a visit as part of a trip to Brooklands itself.  Izzy had a couple of driving lessons there when she was younger and seeing the skid pan display of the Mercs power drifting is worth a watch too.

U17s driving experiences...