Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Major League Cricket USA.

2»

Comments

• Options
    Just watched an over as live on BT Sport. Stadium looks pretty empty and the graphics need changing as not sure the American viewers will understand the bowler’s speed being in KPH 
  • Options
    edited July 2023
    Baseball originates from England 

Cricket was played a lot in USA a long time ago, when it was still a colony 

Baseball became their ‘bat game’ after that - an utterly dull sport, just like American Football 

They might ‘get’ T20 - but they don’t understand any sport where there can be a draw - so - as @bobmunro says - the thought of a 5 day match ending in a draw - well it’s a horrendous thought 

Test Cricket remains the best and purest form of one of my 2 favourite sports - won’t ever work in USA - and thank fuck for that - don’t want Test Cricket being Americanised !!!
  • Options
    There is of course a terrible and inevitable consequence if cricket takes off in the states. One day a USA cricket team will beat an England cricket team. I hope I am no longer alive to see the catastrophe unfold.
  • Options
    big Asian and West Indian background populations in the USA, allied to the novelty factor, this should do well .. no doubt in my opinion that 20/20 or similar formats, make for a generally entertaining spectacle .. expect lotsa razza mattaz
    Quite often saw lads playing cricket when we went out for days in areas such as Flushing in Queens, usually of Asian decent.
  • Options
    Today’s game will be on CBS Sports, which is quite a big deal. Opportunity to get some casual viewers that don’t otherwise pay for the cricket-specific channel.
  • Options
    I don't understand the fascination to try and promote proper sports to Americans anyway. We have enough trouble winning as it is (nearly 60 years in one sport) without a huge country and population like the USA getting involved. 
  • Options
    One thing the Americans might like about cricket is the myriad of stats available - which they seem to love in their traditional games 

Not just the runs, wickets and catches, but data on the bowlers speed,  swing and ball spin revolutions per minute etc.  Watching replays of the snickometer could even leave them rooted to their seats.  Only when play continues will it be safe to go for another burger and coke.