Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

App Help

I use an app (librelink) to monitor diabetes.  The app has died on me this morning, when I open it, im just getting a white screen, then the app closes.

I've tried turning my phone off and on but this hasn't helped.  The only other thing I can think off is to delete the app and reinstall but this will mean all my data will be lost. Any (sensible) ideas on what else I can try?

Comments

• Options
    I use an app (librelink) to monitor diabetes.  The app has died on me this morning, when I open it, im just getting a white screen, then the app closes.

I've tried turning my phone off and on but this hasn't helped.  The only other thing I can think off is to delete the app and reinstall but this will mean all my data will be lost. Any (sensible) ideas on what else I can try?
    Will you lose the data? if you log back into the same account, surely the data will still be there?
  • Options
    edited July 2023
    If you're on Android, press and hold the app, go to App Info. Do a force stop. Go to storage, clear cache (not data). Restart phone, give it another go.

Could just be their services are down also, maybe wait an hour or two and try again.
  • Options

Will you lose the data? if you log back into the same account, surely the data will still be there?
    I was going to delete the app and received a data will be lost message.  Although lost data is better than a broken app.
  • Options
    cafcpolo said:
    If you're on Android, press and hold the app, go to App Info. Do a force stop. Go to storage, clear cache (not data). Restart phone, give it another go.

Could just be their services are down also, maybe wait an hour or two and try again.

Thanks, but I'm an apple user.  Good point about the system being down, I'll wait for a bit
  • Options
    cafcpolo said:

This is what I was going to suggest.  But my version would have had far too many words and be much, much harder to follow.  

So, if you're on Android, follow what @cafcpolo says.  And if you're not, you should be!
  • Options
    cafcpolo said:

Thanks, but I'm an apple user.  Good point about the system being down, I'll wait for a bit
    I think Apple have a function called Offload App. Basically allows you to delete the app, reinstall it but keep the data. Worth a google search.
  • Options
    Quick search on Twitter suggests iPhone users who completed the update had the same problem.

this offers advice but replies from people say they’ve still lost their history.

• Options
    The app is down. The developers have upgraded the app but it failed. They have removed it from the App Store until they have rectified the issue.

thanks for your help all
  • Options
    If it helps, I’ve got a spare blood monitoring unit you can use in the meantime mate (I’m in Bexley). Have a spare finger pricker & test strips as well.
  • Options
    If it helps, I’ve got a spare blood monitoring unit you can use in the meantime mate (I’m in Bexley). Have a spare finger pricker & test strips as well.
    Thanks for the offer. I live near darent valley and they have a spare ready for me to collect
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Anger and fear after popular diabetes app breaks

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-66203549
  • Options
    clive said:

Anger and fear after popular diabetes app breaks

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-66203549
    David is a bit of a whinger! He was moaning about panicking when the app didn't work, then he moaned about finger pricking then confirmed he had a back up sensor!!!!! So David, your ability to test hasn't been affected at all then!

abbots are sending out sensors to everyone who cant use the app. A weekend of finger pricking until my sensor arrives then back to normal!