Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Aberdeen roll call

2»

Comments

• Options
    2,000 Aberdeeen fans in away end according to the local papers up there. Brilliant numbers

The local off licences will be busy tomorrow.
    Hope they are stocked up on Buckfast... It could get messy!
  • Options
    Picked up tickets this afternoon for myself, dad and @Guinnessaddick

Looking forward to it. This is turning into the most positive transfer window in years and I want to at least remain optimistic until Orient!  😉
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    Yep, looking forward to it.

Is there a reason it’s a 1pm kick off?

I'll have a stab at police advice.
    Mate I know their reputation isn’t what it was but I don’t believe they advised you to stab someone 
  • Options
    Yep. Will be the first time I’ve managed to do all pre season games.
  • Options
    Recently swapped my old diesel Astra for a little Hyundai I10, ULEZ compliant.
    So I’ll be hunting for a parking space tomorrow.
    Looking forward to another topsy- turvy season.
       COYR
  • Options
    Can’t make tomorrow going to see Dirty Dancing, hoping I’m going to have the time of my life.
  • Options
    Will be watching from hotel in Croatia. So pleased 1pm was mentioned on this thread would have missed the game otherwise 🙏 
  • Options
    edited July 2023
    3  of us going. Having to slum it in the lower covered end
    Have you been vouch for by a member of the North Lower glitterati?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Reminder RMT strike action
    After the game
    Trains towards London Bridge dep Charlton at 10/40 & 44 mins past the hour
    Trains towards Dartford 20/50 minutes past the hour
    Trains towards Rainham  35 minutes past the hour
  • Options
    Might have gone if we didn't have a transport infrastructure that would shame a third world country.
    With train companies who wouldn't recognise a first rate service if it got up and slapped them in the face.
    Powerful rail unions who are too quick to flex their muscles at a time when we are all suffering hardship and maybe a little restraint wouldn't go a miss.
    And a government whose primary instinct is to hide behind a "not our problem guv speak to the rail company"
    Do we even have a Minister for Transport these days?
    Where is the customer centred vision? What is the plan to get us out of our gas guzzling cars and proudly let the train take the strain?
    Fcuk em all.
    PS Probably would have swerved this one anyway  ;)

• Options
    2000 jocks are making the effort..
  • Options
    edited July 2023
    Anybody tried buying tickets today online for this game? I can add to basket but it won’t process the payment. Anybody else had issues?
  • Options
    Bought 2 tickets online and haven't received the email with the e-tickets......typical Charlton....I suppose I now have to go to the ticket office to sort it out
  • Options
    Being dragged along to a 1 year olds birthday instead. Buzzing 🙄
  • Options
    ct_addick said:
    Bought 2 tickets online and haven't received the email with the e-tickets......typical Charlton....I suppose I now have to go to the ticket office to sort it out
    Just tweeted to say they are still being sent
  • Options
    edited July 2023
    I have been reliably informed by calling the ticket office that the email glitch will be fixed in the next half hour or maybe hour......not holding out much hope.....what a shambles
  • Options
    Clearly some big system issues but I guess it’s first home game of the season niggles. Been trying to buy for last few hours and no joy. A friend tried and had same issue as myself.
  • Options
    edited July 2023
    Can we buy tickets at the ground?

Edit: just seen on twitter that you can 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    On the 12.04 from London Bridge. Proper Charlton. Is this going to be the match thread ?
  • Options
    No match thread. 

Boooooo. 

Sort it out mods  
  • Options
    Leave off boss.
    Roll call for a home game?
  • Options
    clb74 said:
    Leave off boss.
    Well there clearly wasn’t very many there with only 3,400 home fans 
  • Options
    clb74 said:
    Leave off boss.
    Well there clearly wasn’t very many there with only 3,400 home fans 
    That was a pretty good turnout yesterday. 

More importantly, when are you going to start the roll call thread for next week ? The team needs to hit the ground running and encouraging those waiverers and absentees of recent years to come along to show their support at the first game needs every help it can get.