Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton TV Issue

Since the Charlton TV web page went bang last weekend I have not been able to watch matches by logging in directly on my Samsung Smart TV.

I can log in ok, but when I open Live Stream the player fails to open and just sits with a spinning disc.

Have cleared history and cookies, reset internet settings on the browser and rebooted the TV but nothing has worked.

Anyone else had this issue? It's annoying having to set up an old laptop and connecting via an HDMI cable.

Any advice would be welcomed.

Comments

• Options
    Had the same thing trying to stream via Firestick. I understand there is a block on direct streaming to smart devices.  Need to connect by HDMI cable direct from computer.
  • Options
    I can't log in on the Tv or the phone. 
    Spinning wheels of death again 
  • Options
    Had to use the laptop. Forking annoying 
  • Options
    TEL said:
    Had to use the laptop. Forking annoying 

Same here. Bloody annoying as it always worked fine previously.
  • Options
    Had the same thing trying to stream via Firestick. I understand there is a block on direct streaming to smart devices.  Need to connect by HDMI cable direct from computer.
    Streaming ok via my Firestick.
  • Options
    yes same here with an LG smart TV, I then used my laptop to work with the TV but could not get a full screen pic, finally tried the cafc app and used this to work with TV and got a perfect full screen pic.
  • Options
    Since the Charlton TV web page went bang last weekend I have not been able to watch matches by logging in directly on my Samsung Smart TV.

I can log in ok, but when I open Live Stream the player fails to open and just sits with a spinning disc.

Have cleared history and cookies, reset internet settings on the browser and rebooted the TV but nothing has worked.

Anyone else had this issue? It's annoying having to set up an old laptop and connecting via an HDMI cable.

Any advice would be welcomed.
    Clem, I could have written this post, as I also have had the same problem, same tv.
  • Options
    I use my iPad and not had a problem (wished I’d never said that now).
  • Options
    Not able to get on the match TV.  Says club is experiencing difficulties connect to their payments provider…. ? Just me or anybody else 
  • Options
    Looks like it starts at 2.30 anyway...

Can watch free on YouTube pre-match, remember. Good way to let problems resolve!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    It’s way past time now and I just have a live view of the poxy stadium ( and have to keep re-clicking the play button to live that) FFS.
  • Options
    got on now used a different payment card. 
  • Options
    My stream keeps cutting in and out 
  • Options
    It’s way past time now and I just have a live view of the poxy stadium ( and have to keep re-clicking the play button to live that) FFS.
    See above re: YouTube 
  • Options
    @PragueAddick try clearing your cache to see if that helps.
  • Options
    I think they’re blocking TV use again and  restricting to mobile/computer. Airplay no longer works, only casts audio to the tv. Might be restrictions which Sandgaard ignored, I don’t know. 
  • Options
    I’ve had exactly the same problem on my Samsung tv

Annoying 

• Options
    Same for me from the club app to LG TV but OK from Macbook to TV
  • Options
    I reloaded the page and that sorted it. Odd problem, was deffo “a” stream from Stevenage.
  • Options
    edited September 2023
    Allowed me to pay but the screen has just sat on a whirring "len's/worm" and never connected. Hmph.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The app definitely has its quirks. I’m running it on my iPad and casting it to AppleTV. Works fine until something interrupts the feed. For some reassign it won’t reconnect. I have to shut the app down and restart it. But otherwise I’ve had no problems. 
  • Options
    The app definitely has its quirks. I’m running it on my iPad and casting it to AppleTV. Works fine until something interrupts the feed. For some reassign it won’t reconnect. I have to shut the app down and restart it. But otherwise I’ve had no problems. 
    I had this same problem today from my iPhone!

Ended up watching the rest of the match on my iPad.
  • Options
    I had no problem with the stream. 
  • Options
    I had this same problem today from my iPhone!

Ended up watching the rest of the match on my iPad.
    It’s had this problem since the beginning - it may even have improved a bit, at one point I could only reconnect if I restarted the ipad. Now just killing the app does it. It does seem that things happening in other apps seem to confuse it. Today it was a pop up on the NYT page asking me if I wanted to play another sudoku. On the phone, I had to turn blue tooth off, because if I walked away, and my hearing aids dropped their connection, so would the Apple TV connection. I don’t know if that the app or Apple, just an interesting feature. 
  • Options
    Any idea how to cancel the monthly DD it's not showing on PayPal or my bank and no option to cancel within the account page on the o.s.
  • Options
    Anyone having problems with the live stream. In a hotel in US and not loading, had no issues streaming other shows from my laptop. Just getting spinning graphic.
  • Options
    Nug said:
    Anyone having problems with the live stream. In a hotel in US and not loading, had no issues streaming other shows from my laptop. Just getting spinning graphic.
    Mine is telling me it's not available in my country, I'm currently in Portugal but haven't ever seen anything about it being blocked out here. Get the same results if I try through a VPN too
  • Options
    Yep same issues 
  • Options
    And me 
  • Options
    Ditto.