Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Fancy writing the "Visitors" section of the programme?

It's a Charlton fee ie zero but the programme editor Tom Harvey is looking for a person or persons to write about each visiting club and team.

You'd have to be able to meet deadlines and write the articles on a regular basis.

As it's for the official club programme so it has to be accurate and not too controversial.

But you do get to see your name in print and you might end up as the new Olly Groome :smile:

Email

thomasdotharvey@hotmail.com

If you're interested 

Comments

• Options
    Already been asked about this but my knowledge is Charlton only.

I do know someone who would do this but they don’t do freebies and I don’t blame that person for that 

• Options
    Do it for nothing?
    Really?
    Are the programmes given away for nothing?
  • Options
    I would have thought this will be difficult to achieve, I am certain there is virtually nobody with sufficient knowledge, and time, to do this.

Is there an angle to approach supporters via away message boards to supply info?  All clubs supporters could be contacted now for a general history and breakdown of players.  Tom could touch up results nearer to time of respective games.

Just a thought.
  • Options
    I would have thought this will be difficult to achieve, I am certain there is virtually nobody with sufficient knowledge, and time, to do this.

Is there an angle to approach supporters via away message boards to supply info?  All clubs supporters could be contacted now for a general history and breakdown of players.  Tom could touch up results nearer to time of respective games.

Just a thought.
    I’ve seen away programmes from last season where the away team profiles page have been done by Charlton fans. It can be done 
  • Options
    shirty5 said:

I do know someone who would do this but they don’t do freebies and I don’t blame that person for that 

Which is fair enough.

The message from Tom was "I don't suppose you know of anyone who would be up for writing or contributing to the Visitors section in the programme?"

Read that as writing about the away sides visiting the Valley but could be wrong.
  • Options
    as an example
  • Options
    edited August 2023
    shirty5 said:

Which is fair enough.

The message from Tom was "I don't suppose you know of anyone who would be up for writing or contributing to the Visitors section in the programme?"

Read that as writing about the away sides visiting the Valley but could be wrong.
    Always polite to say you not available or don’t have the knowledge as well, in case the question came back in reply. 

Told him anything Charlton related he’s more than welcome to ask me. 

• Options
    Tom was also asking about someone writing the this Defunct FC feature 

• Options
    I can do a pub guide for future away games.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    We'll bear that in mind for the next time we play in Brazil  :D
     :)
    F***** me there mate. 
  • Options
    Does the visiting team's programme writer not do this as a quid pro quo?
  • Options
    “Poor spelling and grammar is desirable but not essential.”
  • Options
    JaShea99 said:
    “Poor spelling and grammar is desirable but not essential.”
    Getting dates and names wrong :/
  • Options
    What are the hours?
  • Options
    Looks like a lot of copy for not even a vol-au-vent in return
  • Options
    thomasdotharvey@hotmail.com
  • Options

Not with your track record. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The reward is to share a cheese sandwich with Keohane.
  • Options
    Could we not just have a standard template, just change the name of the team? Something like:

{Name of Team] are based in the town/city of [Name of Town/City] which isn't very nice, and the first thought of most people visiting the location is a strong desire to return to their homes.  

• Options
    I think this forum is largely of the wrong demographic to assess this opportunity!

For a young person - say, late teens - who has ambitions to work in the field of sports journalism, wouldn't doing something like this be good for their experience and also their CV ?

And unlike a lot of "internships" these days, which actually cost money,  not to mention travelling expenses, this is cost neutral.  Just needs a bit of internet research time and a reasonable command of English.
  • Options
    N01R4M said:
    I think this forum is largely of the wrong demographic to assess this opportunity!

For a young person - say, late teens - who has ambitions to work in the field of sports journalism, wouldn't doing something like this be good for their experience and also their CV ?

And unlike a lot of "internships" these days, which actually cost money,  not to mention travelling expenses, this is cost neutral.  Just needs a bit of internet research time and a reasonable command of English.
    Yes, it's a really good opportunity.  But it should be paid for. 
  • Options

Not with your track record. 
    At least I was not drinking in somebody's living room after Bradford........
  • Options
    Chizz said:
    N01R4M said:

Yes, it's a really good opportunity.  But it should be paid for. 
    Even if the reward is some hospitality, or a match where you sit in the directors box…