Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Prostate cancer

Three people have recently have announced they have Prostate cancer.Nick Owen Simon Jordan and Andy Taylor Duran Duran.More people seem willing to talk about it now.I was diagnosed in2019.But was told I would
 die with it,not of it.Now 80 so fingers crossed the three monthly injections will keep me going for a few years.

Comments

• Options
    Derek1952 said:
    Three people have recently have announced they have Prostate cancer.Nick Owen Simon Jordan and Andy Taylor Duran Duran.More people seem willing to talk about it now.I was diagnosed in2019.But was told I would
     die with it,not of it.Now 80 so fingers crossed the three monthly injections will keep me going for a few years.
    Thanks Derek.  How did you find out - a routine screen, noticed symptoms or??
  • Options
    Doctor phoned me after a routine blood pressure test and said my P.S.A was a bit high 112 so I should see someone about it.After tablets for two months then injections
     ever three months and still having them.P.SA went down to 0.14.It has gone up a little but  in July was tolld it is normal.4.5
  • Options
    Simon Jordan just had it, only found out as someone told him to get a blood test as they had recently been unwell. He literally had a op 2 weeks ago, heard him talking about it on the radio, had absolutely no symptoms. Booked to get my bloods done that same day.
  • Options
    Hope you are ok!
  • Options
    The injection iam having is Zoladex whch reduces the Testosterone and sometime makes me feel anxious and at times want to cry.Especially when I first wake up.
    The nurse told me it always better when the testosterone builds up in your body.Then I feel ok.