Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

La Liga 2023-24

This usually gets a bit of interest so here we go with the thread for the new season. It's the pace for match and player comments and discussion plus we can start off with teams looking out for and predictions. I'll start off - big soft spot for Real Betis as saw a game there a few years ago and the fans were amazing but I would say my main team here is Atletico so will be hoping they give Real Madrid and Barcelona a challenge. A lot still depends on signings but I'm going to predict a Barcelona championship this season. Anyway, looking forward to people's thoughts and contributions this season on the La Liga thread. 

Comments

• Options
    This usually gets a bit of interest so here we go with the thread for the new season. It's the pace for match and player comments and discussion plus we can start off with teams looking out for and predictions. I'll start off - big soft spot for Real Betis as saw a game there a few years ago and the fans were amazing but I would say my main team here is Atletico so will be hoping they give Real Madrid and Barcelona a challenge. A lot still depends on signings but I'm going to predict a Barcelona championship this season. Anyway, looking forward to people's thoughts and contributions this season on the La Liga thread. 
    Atletico up against my boys Granada in their first match. Tough first game back in La Liga for Granada. I’ll settle for a draw  ;)
  • Options
    Going to get to Seville in the autumn. Unfortunately my trip coincides with international break so I only get one weekend match - so Sevilla not Betis. Doing all the La Liga grounds is going to be tough!
  • Options
    Interesting one this year, Barca haven't signed anyone so might stagnate a bit, Real I wonder where the goals will come from without Benzema, Vinicius is really going to need to step up.

Think Barca may win despite being not that convincing (again).
  • Options
    edited August 2023
    Would like to see an outsider win it but unlikely. None of the big 3 have strengthened really bar Real signing Bellingham
  • Options
    Will be very interesting to see how Bellingham does. Lots of expectation for him here and he's been given Zidane's old number 5 shirt - no pressure then!
  • Options
    Who are Real going to play as their main striker this season?
  • Options
    edited August 2023
    sam3110 said:
    Who are Real going to play as their main striker this season?
    Been playing a sort of diamond and then 2 of Vinicius, Rodrygo and (ex-Stoke and Newcastle flop) Joselu up front during preseason.
  • Options
    Let’s hope the refs added another 30 minutes on.
  • Options
    Oops , wrong thread!
  • Options
    Going to get to Seville in the autumn. Unfortunately my trip coincides with international break so I only get one weekend match - so Sevilla not Betis. Doing all the La Liga grounds is going to be tough!
    Have a great time in Sevilla -it's a fantastic city and although it's a shame you won't get to Betis, Sevilla is a really good stadium as well. I've been trying to get to all the La Liga grounds the last few years and always stuck on between 15-17 depending on relegations and promotions each year, but not bad overall!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Bellingham scores on league debut 
  • Options
    Vamos UD Las Palmas 
  • Options
    Great start for Bellingham. Him and Kane playing for top European teams can only be good for England going into the next Euros 
  • Options
    edited August 2023
    Getafe v Barcelona being shown on itv 4 tonight, 8 o clock kick off?

Sorry it’s a 8:30pm kick off tonight on ITV 4
  • Options
    Great start for Bellingham. Him and Kane playing for top European teams can only be good for England going into the next Euros 
    Or the pair of them strolling through games as they invariably turn over the opposition leaving them undercooked for the Euros …
  • Options
    Two more goals for Bellingham tonight in Real Madrid's 3-1 win away to Almeria. It's been a really fantastic start to his time here and although I'm no fan of Real at all it's good to see him doing well.
  • Options
    Bagged himself an assist too 
  • Options
    Barcelona won their first home game last night at their new home for this season, the old Olympic stadium that Espanol used to play at a while ago. Half the capacity of the Nou Camp, I wonder how playing here will affect this this season.
  • Options
    Bellingham again. Will be the best player this country has ever produced.
  • Options
    £85m looks like a bargain given he's actually a midfielder. Incredible talent and great news for the national side
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I understand they're almost playing him as a false 9 with the wingers pushed up Infront of him
  • Options
    sam3110 said:
    I understand they're almost playing him as a false 9 with the wingers pushed up Infront of him
    Which is what makes him so so good. So adaptable and versatile, easy to forget he’s just turned 20!!
  • Options
    Bellingham got the winner today in Real Madrid´s 2-1 win over Getafe, scoring in injury time. He´s the first player since Cristiano Ronaldo to score in his first four games for Madrid now - what a start for him.
  • Options
    Mason Greenwood has signed for Getafe. Very suprising considering the current climate regarding machismo in football in Spain.
  • Options
    In this new era of crazy transfer fees, Bellingham is one of the very few players out there who you can genuinely say is worth 100m+. 

A lot of players might not be able to handle the pressure of a club like Madrid, but he's 20 years old and just won La Liga player of the month in his first month there.

An unreal player, who if he keeps this up will have a fair shout of going down in history as the greatest midfield player England has ever produced. By next summer he'll have around 35 caps, will have been to 2 Euro's and a world cup and he'll only be 21. Injury permitting he is going to smash Shilton's record.
  • Options
    I was looking at caps of current active players and Kane is top with 84 but was really surprised that Sterling was second with 82 caps 
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    I was looking at caps of current active players and Kane is top with 84 but was really surprised that Sterling was second with 82 caps 
    Made his debut at 17 and until this year has been a regular ever since.
  • Options
    Impress comeback yesterday from Barcelona. Two nil down with ten minutes left but came back to win 3-2 against Celta Vigo, now managed by Rafa Benitez.
  • Options
    UD Las Palmas get their first win of the season. Real Madrid away up next ......
  • Options
    Real Madrid away at suprise leaders Girona today. If somehow Girona get a result and manage to stay top for even a bit longer it will be a great achievement. Still hoping for a year when one of the big three manage to win the league but it seems very unlikely.