Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

EFL 23/24 - Championship, League One, Wrexham's League Two featuring Wrexham

Comments

• Options
    Incredible weekend for Southampton with none of the top 3 winning.

Ipswich   P43 89 points
    Leicester P42 88 points
    Leeds      P43 87 points
    Saints      P41 81 points

Southampton play one of their games in hand at home to Preston in midweek and if they win that then it gets very interesting. Southampton also still have to play Leicester and then on the last day they are away to Leeds.
  • Options
    Mansfield are up after today, huge result. MK Dons need to win both games and Mansfield would have to lose 3 in a row. Just sounds impossible. 

I can't believe we will be in the same league as Mansfield and Wrexham next season. 
  • Options
    Yep, top three get automatics so Wrexham can’t be caught by MK in 4th or Barrow in 6th.

Realistically Mansfield only need a point from their last three games to join them.
    Forgot the top 3 go straight up. 🤦🏻‍♂️
  • Options
    Mansfield are up after today, huge result. MK Dons need to win both games and Mansfield would have to lose 3 in a row. Just sounds impossible. 

I can't believe we will be in the same league as Mansfield and Wrexham next season. 
    Mansfield and Wrexham are both bigger clubs than the likes of Fleetwood, Morecambe and Forest Green who we have recently played in this division.
  • Options
    edited April 13

Mansfield and Wrexham are both bigger clubs than the likes of Fleetwood, Morecambe and Forest Green who we have recently played in this division.
    This may be true, but I just mean on a more personal level for me. The majority of the years I was with my ex we were a championship side and Mansfield (where she was from) were league 2. Wrexham were non-league or league 2. 

It's so bizarre to think that it's going to be an actual league fixture next season. The worrying thing is right now I believe both sides are better than us. Stockport definitely are.

3 of the 4 promoted teams from last season promoted have/are going to finish above us. It can't happen again next season, it's genuinely sickening.
  • Options
    Although we played Stockport in the cup last season (if you're like me you'll have put a lot of effort into forgetting about that) and Mansfield in 18/19, we aren't often in the same division as any of the 3 clubs coming up. Stockport we last played in the league in 2009/10, Wrexham in 1981/2 and Mansfield in 1977/8, which is the only season we've ever played them in the league. 
  • Options
    Although we played Stockport in the cup last season (if you're like me you'll have put a lot of effort into forgetting about that) and Mansfield in 18/19, we aren't often in the same division as any of the 3 clubs coming up. Stockport we last played in the league in 2009/10, Wrexham in 1981/2 and Mansfield in 1977/8, which is the only season we've ever played them in the league. 
    Not sure how many we took to Mansfield in the cup, but i'd expect the Wrexham and Mansfield aways to be popular then. New grounds for most people who aren't at least 50+ years old.
  • Options
    Not sure how many we took to Mansfield in the cup, but i'd expect the Wrexham and Mansfield aways to be popular then. New grounds for most people who aren't at least 50+ years old.
    ATTENDANCE: 3,240 (492 away).
    https://www.mansfieldtown.net/matches/fixtures/first-team/201819/november/mansfield-town-vs-charlton-athletic-on-10-nov-18/
  • Options
    Looking forward to all three of them hopefully. Always aim to do 10 away a season, but started to rotate the ground I do because we appear to be stuck in League 1. Nice to have three new grounds to do next season. 
  • Options
    Have you been to Barrow? They might sneak up via the playoffs, bit of a trek though.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Maybe we will be playing Real Bedford FC in 6-7 years time with their new billionaire owners!
  • Options
    clive said:
    https://www.mansfieldtown.net/matches/fixtures/first-team/201819/november/mansfield-town-vs-charlton-athletic-on-10-nov-18/
    I drove up that day, as usual trains on a Sunday were a pain in the arse, with the early kick off.
  • Options
    edited April 14
    Looking forward to all three of them hopefully. Always aim to do 10 away a season, but started to rotate the ground I do because we appear to be stuck in League 1. Nice to have three new grounds to do next season. 
    Same here.
  • Options
    All three of Field Mill (1861), the Racecourse (1864) and Edgeley Park (1891) are proper historic lower league football grounds. 

Much better than a game at the MK soulless bowl.
  • Options
    edited April 14
    Stockport is an easy journey at least
  • Options
    clive said:
    I drove up that day, as usual trains on a Sunday were a pain in the arse, with the early kick off.
    Our driver decided to give a lift home to a little bloke who didn't stop talking all the way back to Bromley.
  • Options
    edited April 14
    clb74 said:
    clive said:
    Our driver decided to give a lift home to a little bloke who didn't stop talking all the way back to Bromley.
    Charlton let me down on an accumlator that day.

• Options
    iaitch said:
    Have you been to Barrow? They might sneak up via the playoffs, bit of a trek though.
    Barrow would be fun - one of (I think?) three in the league that we've never played at all. Salford and Harrogate the other two that I know of. Used to be true for Sutton until this season.
  • Options
    Mansfield in front, getting promoted as things stand. All 3 league 2 automatic promotion spots would be wrapped up with 2 games to go 
  • Options
    Colchester winning. Forest Green's back to back relegations would be confirmed.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Stockport 2-0 up and heading for the L2 title.
  • Options
    3-0 now. Paddy Madden first half hat trick 
  • Options
    Bolton 1-2 Shrewsbury
  • Options
    Southampton 2 up. With the 3 above slipping up, they'd only be 4 points off the top 2
  • Options
    Massive goal for Lincoln. Winning at Oxford. Only 2 points behind them currently.
  • Options
    Southampton 2 up. With the 3 above slipping up, they'd only be 4 points off the top 2
    Think they have to play two of the top three.
  • Options
    4-0. What an atmosphere it must be in the away end
  • Options
    Both Pompey and Bolton now losing
  • Options
    4-0. What an atmosphere it must be in the away end
    All of a sudden 4-2. 
  • Options
    Colchester 2 up. Forest Green are gone.