Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

EFL 23/24 - Championship, League One, Wrexham's League Two featuring Wrexham

Comments

• Options
    Good result for County.
  • Options
    Be interesting to see how Wrexham get on next season if they come up
  • Options
    Mike said:

Wouldn't be surprised if they bring in additional investment in the summer to really make a tilt at playoffs. 
  • Options
    MarcusH26 said:
    Mike said:

Wouldn't be surprised if they bring in additional investment in the summer to really make a tilt at playoffs. 
    Their xi is gash, Elliot Lee will probably win player of the season 🤣🤣🤣🤣
  • Options
    PopIcon said:
    MarcusH26 said:
    Mike said:

Oh I know, that's exactly why they'll need quite a bit of cash to be competitive in League 1 because there's not a lot of players I'd be confident can step up.
  • Options
    edited March 23
    PopIcon said:
    MarcusH26 said:
    Mike said:

People didn’t give them much chance of being in the mix after last season in the National League either.

I do think we’ll be playing them next season. I also think it’ll be a stretch for them to be in the mix, but Stevenage, Orient and Northampton have shown it’s possible to be top half or better if you make the right moves.

The gap between mid to lower L1 and L2 is much smaller than we might want to admit.
  • Options
    MarcusH26 said:
    PopIcon said:
    MarcusH26 said:
    Mike said:

Oh I know, that's exactly why they'll need quite a bit of cash to be competitive in League 1 because there's not a lot of players I'd be confident can step up.
    McLean, Mullin, Marriott, Lee, Cannon, even O'Connell who was with us, they have a few players who can easily play in league one. I'm sure there's others too, plus of course they will spend on new signings.

To be honest when you see the likes of Stevenage, Orient and Northampton in the top half of the table i don't see a reason why Wrexham won't be competitive at this level. 
  • Options

League One table if games finished on exactly 90 minutes. 
  • Options

League One table if games finished on exactly 90 minutes. 
    Not too dissimilar to the actual table. Top 2 the same. Play off 4 the same. Bottom 4 the same. 

Sadly, as we all know, the game is not played over 90 mins.

And on that note, if my Auntie had bollox.....
  • Options
    Wrexham’s turnover, wages and level of losses for 2022/23 are extraordinary for the National League

https://x.com/kieranmaguire/status/1773418880611819900?s=48&t=cFzydtFtVwUatHhtc7bRkA
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Blucher said:
    Wrexham’s turnover, wages and level of losses for 2022/23 are extraordinary for the National League

https://x.com/kieranmaguire/status/1773418880611819900?s=48&t=cFzydtFtVwUatHhtc7bRkA
    Their revenue as well as money spent on wages was a National league record, also higher than any club in league 2 and also higher than a lot of clubs in league 1.

One other stand out is that Wrexham spent just over 1m on transfers. The rest of the league combined spent less than 250k.
  • Options
    Leicester won 15 of their first 16 matches. On current form, they aren't even looking like certainties for promotion!
  • Options
    edited March 29
    Leicester won 15 of their first 16 matches. On current form, they aren't even looking like certainties for promotion!
    4 points from 6 games is a serious drop in form for them.

Would be an absolute disaster for them to not go up this year given their FFP issues. I'd imagine a few of their players will be sold and they'll surely start next season on minus points.

There's a 12 page thread on their forum where the majority of them want the manager sacked!
  • Options
    Three Yorkshire clubs now occupy the Championship relegation places, but it's still very tight. 
  • Options
    Lincoln's amazing run of form continues today with another win. They are now in the top 6.

If they go into the playoffs carrying on this form they are going to take some stopping.
    I fear for Bolton if they finish 3rd. Much better to be in promotion form like Lincoln rather than stuttering across the line.
  • Options
    4,500 Ipswich at Blackburn 500 mile round trip live on telly …unreal 
  • Options
    Really impressive that. Did they call it Operation Ewood though  ;)
  • Options
    Three Yorkshire clubs now occupy the Championship relegation places, but it's still very tight. 
    Take out Birmingham from the equation and next season might mean a load of long trips to Yorkshire and maybe even down to Plymouth. If QPR stay up it will be another season of no actual London derbies. 

And Wrexham & Stockport into the mix and then you have even more North West teams. Hopefully Fleetwood & Carlisle will go so less shitty ones up that side of the coast. 

League 1 really is the shittiest league for away games.
  • Options

Whether some like it or not, they are the template, both on and off the pitch, for a side that has spent a number of years in League 1 without banging on the promotion door (10th, 9th, 11th before becoming runners up last season) in making signings that will be good enough for the Championship too - 16 of their current squad were with them last season.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited March 30
    Hopefully Wednesday will claw their way out of it and stay up.

Rohl and Powell have turned things from a certain relegation to having a fighting chance.
  • Options
    Really impressive that. Did they call it Operation Ewood though  ;)
    No they won.
  • Options
    Take out Birmingham from the equation and next season might mean a load of long trips to Yorkshire and maybe even down to Plymouth. If QPR stay up it will be another season of no actual London derbies. 

And Wrexham & Stockport into the mix and then you have even more North West teams. Hopefully Fleetwood & Carlisle will go so less shitty ones up that side of the coast. 

League 1 really is the shittiest league for away games.
    Think Orient are staying in League One.
  • Options
    I wouldn't be surprised if we end up with the three promoted sides (Plymouth, Sheff Weds, Rotherham) coming straight back down to league one.

Plymouth started the season ok but they're now on a very poor run (15 points from 17 games and only 5 points from the last 10 games) and every week they slide closer to the relegation zone.
  • Options
    edited March 30
    I wouldn't be surprised if we end up with the three promoted sides (Plymouth, Sheff Weds, Rotherham) coming straight back down to league one.

Plymouth started the season ok but they're now on a very poor run (15 points from 17 games and only 5 points from the last 10 games) and every week they slide closer to the relegation zone.
    You've made the same mistake I did when looking at the table last night... Ipswich were the other promoted team, Rotherham are suffering from second season syndrome for once.
  • Options
    Morgan Whittaker has been superb for Plymouth, 19 goals and 7 assists in the league, he won't be there next season 
  • Options
    We’ve been crap away this season (and at home for much of the time) but spare a thought for Rotherham’s travelling support - 35 games without a win since November 2022. Only 4 points garnered away this season so far - precisely the number we ended up with in the dreadful 1979/80 relegation season - 0 wins, 4 draws and 17 defeats away, with only 14 goals scored and 47 conceded.
  • Options

You've made the same mistake I did when looking at the table last night... Ipswich were the other promoted team, Rotherham are suffering from second season syndrome for once.
    Ah yes very good point.
  • Options
    Blucher said:
    We’ve been crap away this season (and at home for much of the time) but spare a thought for Rotherham’s travelling support - 35 games without a win since November 2022. Only 4 points garnered away this season so far - precisely the number we ended up with in the dreadful 1979/80 relegation season - 0 wins, 4 draws and 17 defeats away, with only 14 goals scored and 47 conceded.
    Strangely despite our poor away record we’ve got 2 wins (Derby and Wigan) and 3 draws (Pompey, Bolton and Blackpool) against the 5 teams with the best home records