Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Ipswich Town Finances year to 2022

Thought this may be interesting especially as they were rivals last season. I am a novice at reading balance sheets and on company knowledge, but this comes from an email I get from a guy (+ team??) called Swiss Ramble. Why he's called that I have no idea, but he seems to know a lot about football finances like Kieran Maguire (The price of Football).
 Top line they lost £12.6 million for the  financial year  ending  22. That was an doubling of losses from 21
Wages increased by £3mill.
Staggering is the wages to turnover it was 166% in 21 but improved to 114% in 22 (I think that's close to our figure).~Still crazy.

I suppose that main thing I take from this apart from the obvious- that football finances are all from a parallel universe- is that they started "investing" in their squad a year before they got the success of promotion. What they spent last year/season heaven knows.

Comments

• Options
    Any chance you could post the figures / balance sheets that you have ?
  • Options
    Sheffield Wed 2022 year was a loss of (£7.3)m, 2021 a loss of £(25)m in Championship. As for last season, like Ipswich, don't know yet.
  • Options
    Shhhh apparently our owners have a long shot at making money out of us 
    and we’ll be undefeated this season too