Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Who should be President of the FA?

Should the Prince of Wales continue to be the President of the Football Association in England

Comments

• Options
    Give it to the Duchy of Cornwall I say.
  • Options
    Trevor Brooking or Lord Llewellyn 
  • Options
    The person who is best at doing FA. 
  • Options
    Sam Billings!
  • Options
    It’s always a Royal, can’t see that changing until William becomes King
  • Options
    Rothko said:
    It’s always a Royal, can’t see that changing until William becomes King
    Arthur Pember1863–1867
    E. C. Morley1867–1874
    Francis Marindin1874–1890
    Lord Kinnaird1890–1923
    Sir Charles Clegg 1923–1937
    William Pickford1937–1939
    The Earl of Athlone1939–1955
    The Duke of Edinburgh1955–1957
    The Duke of Gloucester1957–1963
    The Earl of Harewood1963–1971
    The Duke of Kent1971–2000
    The Duke of York2000–2006
    The Prince of Wales 2006–present
  • Options
    Trump?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Chizz said:
    Should the Prince of Wales continue to be the President of the Football Association in England
    Yes, with Kate playing a key role as well.

If the relevant associations in Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland (as well as Australia, Canada, New Zealand etc). Also want him as President, then no issue there either.
  • Options
    Give it to Harry, might spice things up a bit.
  • Options
    If the LBTQBHFECBMNXAZ community is not included then I am sure someone will be offended...
  • Options
    I've not really read much about this but are we saying William should have attended the final?

If so, is it possible to arrange a visit by the next in line to the throne in a few days? Royal tours and visits are planned months in advance what with security etc. Perhaps he should have been booked into the Premier Inn at Sydney Harbour and taken a mate along to look after him and been booked on a Garuda flight too.

Not even a story in my opinion.
    Perhaps Spain’s Queen Letizia & her daughter got the last room at the Premier Inn 🤷🏻‍♂️😉
  • Options
    If the LBTQBHFECBMNXAZ community is not included then I am sure someone will be offended...
    Weird comment
  • Options
    WSS said:
    Someone who can be arsed to turn up to games. Disgusting to see no one bother for the WWC Final.

And get blasted for talking about the climate but shooting off for a trip to Oz for a single game.

Lose lose.
    Are there not plenty of tree playing schemes etc set up to offset things like flights? If it was the mens WC final he would have been there, so it’s a shame no one thought the woman’s team was worth the effort. 
  • Options
    WSS said:
    Someone who can be arsed to turn up to games. Disgusting to see no one bother for the WWC Final.

And get blasted for talking about the climate but shooting off for a trip to Oz for a single game.

Lose lose.
    Are there not plenty of tree playing schemes etc set up to offset things like flights? If it was the mens WC final he would have been there, so it’s a shame no one thought the woman’s team was worth the effort. 
    You know he would have attended the mens WC final how?
  • Options
    If he wanted to fly he could have, if he wanted a room he would have stayed at the Governor Generals or Ambassadors residence, he didn't go because he didn't give a fuck 
  • Options
    Rothko said:
    If he wanted to fly he could have, if he wanted a room he would have stayed at the Governor Generals or Ambassadors residence, he didn't go because he didn't give a fuck 
    If you say so. What's the official reason given, apart from him being on holiday. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    swordfish said:
    WSS said:

Lose lose.
    You know he would have attended the mens WC final how?
    An assumption, but one I think is fair. 

Do the job properly, or give it to someone who can. 
  • Options
    It was a mistake, whatever the reason. It gave the impression that women's football is less important for him than men's. Plus there's the question of " duty", which is the whole point of Royals.
  • Options
    edited August 2023
    Personally I think he was ill advised on this even if he didn’t fancy going. Anytime he wants to rock up at another event now he is going to get grief about that being more important than the women’s football team reaching the World Cup final; and

Notwithstanding that, he should have done the decent thing and gone and sent his brother a selfie from the stadium…