Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

clearing out books

Anyone interested or know someone that would like 150-250 books, hardcover and paperback, fact and fiction, all excellent condition, that can be collected free of charge.

Just need help sorting them from the books I am retaining, all on shelving units and easily accessible.  

Comments

• Options
    stonemuse said:
    Anyone interested or know someone that would like 150-250 books, hardcover and paperback, fact and fiction, all excellent condition, that can be collected free of charge.

Just need help sorting them from the books I am retaining, all on shelving units and easily accessible.  
    I have the same problem, buying books is my last remaining addiction, AND I need to kick it quick .. I'm sure you'll find good homes for them
  • Options
    Got any smut?
  • Options
    R0TW said:
    Got any smut?
    Got quite a few Charlton books but keeping those 🤣
  • Options
    fadgadget said:
    Do You Have "Fly Fishing by J R Hartley "
    What a wholesome ad that was :)
  • Options
    supermarkets take books for charity these days.

Any decent music ones?
  • Options
    edited August 2023
    You wouldn’t have a first edition of Kerouac’s On the Road I suppose? Signed would be great. 🙂
  • Options
    edited August 2023
    supermarkets take books for charity these days.

Any decent music ones?
    dozens ... but keeping those lol
  • Options
    Location would be helpful. 
  • Options
    Over the past few months I've taken between 50 and 60 books to local supermarkets .. those I took to Sainsbury's (the charity there is for women's cancers research and a food bank), quite recent hard back cops and robbers novels, were snapped up seemingly before I left the premises .. should really have gone for more than the (recommended) pound, bargain
    Also I have noticed when buying used books on Amazon that many have been bought in charity shops and sold on at a big mark up. I have thought of selling on Amazon, but the financial outlays required would not really make it viable

Last story, got chatting to a young lady recently who bought (In Sainsbury) a teach yourself Arabic volume, she claimed to have sold it on eBay for £15 .. nice  :)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Bexleyheath area 
  • Options
    stonemuse said:
    Bexleyheath area 
    Be careful...
  • Options
    On a bookshelf 
  • Options
    Ziffit or MusicMagpie is what my kids use to get rid of books/dvds/old phones, think you just need to box them up and print off a pre paid postage label 
  • Options
    I’ve always got a book to hand when I’m having a clearout.
    I will refer you to my earlier comment :-)
  • Options
    edited August 2023
    Train stations have started accepting books & magazines & anybody can help themselves. Not sure if it's all stations but I've seen book shelves at Lewisham & Sidcup.

Never realised there was a magazine called whales & dolphins. I know horses for courses etc (that's not a mag by the way as far as I know :D) but how many issues before people get bored of Whales & Dolphins ?  :#

• Options
    Train stations have started accepting books & magazines & anybody can help themselves. Not sure if it's all stations but I've seen book shelves at Lewisham & Sidcup.

Never realised there was a magazine called whales & dolphins. I know horses for courses etc (that's not a mag by the way as far as I know :D) but how many issues before people get bored of Whales & Dolphins ?  :#

I bought a copy once. It had sperm on the cover.
    Does the last French edition just say "Fin" ?
  • Options

Maybe they have a special porpoise to subscribe?
  • Options
    Read a book and take your mind off Southeasterns service.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    British Heart Foundation offer a collection service for donations.

Try Freecycle and Freegle to see if anyone wants them

You can list and sell via numerous apps. I use Vinted to sell stuff as the buyer sorts out the postage, I just have to take it to the shop and get the label printed. 
  • Options
    iaitch said:
    Read a book and take your mind off Southeasterns service.

This one's a cracking good read :)

• Options
    stonemuse said:

I'll have your copy of  "Third Division to Premier League in just 5 years", by T. Sandgaard.

Is it still available, please?

• Options
    edited August 2023
    Oggy Red said:
    stonemuse said:

I'll have your copy of  "Third Division to Premier League in just 5 years", by T. Sandgaard.

Is it still available, please?

"my name, oh yes...it's J. R Hart T Sandgaard"
  • Options